What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Compact SOG with CFL's

krly

Dr. BG, you say 4 across the back and 1 on the side (lights) ?? The pic looks like 3 in back and 1 on the side (?). What "flavor" cfl's are those (color temp ?, warm ?, daylite ? etc.). And....could you tell us a bit about your cloning methods ?
Thanks.
Be Well...Be Safe.
krly

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
krly said:
Dr. BG, you say 4 across the back and 1 on the side (lights) ?? The pic looks like 3 in back and 1 on the side (?).
That pic is of the "Clone Shelf"...it only has 4 lights 2-13 watt WW and 2 -15 watt Florex

What "flavor" cfl's are those (color temp ?, warm ?, daylite ? etc.).

They are Warm White 42 Watt

And....could you tell us a bit about your cloning methods ?

Take a 1"-1.5" cutting....cut at an angle....dip it in Rooting powder....put it in a 3oz cup of perlite...NO MISTING EVER....Place in 100% Humidity enviroment..air blown in once per day until ya' see "Yellowing"indicating that they have rooted and then start hardning them off a lil' at a time til the lid is off...water with 1/2 strength ferts(everyday)....as soon as I see any growth...into a bottle they go and into the box

Below are some pic of the Bud Box...back when I built it and could get far enuff away to get it all in a pic

This is a good example of the different Spectrums of CFL's....First pic is Warm White...second is Cool White and then "Full Spectrum" mix

Thanks.
Be Well...Be Safe.
krly

J

Jebus11

What are the dimensions of your flower box? and how much did the flowering box lights cost? and those pics are before you got all 5 42 watt"Warm White" bulbs? because 2 of those are day light in those pics right?

Last edited:
G

super simple, yet ultra effective, and in shaved down 20 oz. bottles (ha, got it right that time :D) what do you average per plant, and are they staggered in flowering or is it all at once that you harvest? im doing the staggered thing right now andi think that it is definitely the way to grow.

czarr

Your harvesting perpetually so does that mean that you put 27 plants (3 a week for 9 weeks) in that flowering box at once? or do you use multiple boxes?

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
czarr said:
Your harvesting perpetually so does that mean that you put 27 plants (3 a week for 9 weeks) in that flowering box at once? or do you use multiple boxes?

Yes it's 3 in (either a clone or a Rejuv.they are good for 3 cycles thru) .....and 3 out every week ...only one box (It runs on batteries)....I only have 6 in there right now....I cut everything from 3-9 weeks last week for a VERY sick friend..to help him he NEEDS it and can't afford to buy it

I'm so doing this as soon as I manage to produce healthy clones (an issue with me- I suck at cloning).
How come you're battery operated? Solar power?
P.S. Sorry about your friend.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
QUOTE=VladTheInhaler]I'm so doing this as soon as I manage to produce healthy clones (an issue with me- I suck at cloning).
How come you're battery operated? Solar power?

Bcuz we live 28 miles from the closest powerline I live on the top of a Mtn.[

P.S. Sorry about your friend.[/QUOTE]

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Some more pics of "The Box"

Some more pics of "The Box"

I finally found some more pics of the inside....enjoy...this shows how tight they are packed in there

mrgrowmez

Awesome grow Dr.Bud! You've inspired me to go sog under my CFL this time round!!!
I need to stealth it up a bit this time round and am trying to plan out a way to get maximum yields under minimum lighting.......thanks a budndle
mrgrow

Sir Smokealot

This is a really nice micro grow! I think I will start doing some more research on those bonsai moms, they seem to be really healthy and pumping out the clones!

I'm liking your setup more and more. I'm looking at optimizing a bit like you at some point too. Thanks for stoping by my thread, and giving me some sound advice. I appreciate it.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Wow, this is amazing. It's great to see people able to show what CFLs can really do, when I used them I could tell there was real potential. Get your plants dialed in and look what you can do with them! :joint:

sugabear_II

Veteran
cool thread :lurk: - I wonder how your setup would work with;

1. equivalent wattage of t-8 floro tubes
2. equivalent wattage of t-5 floros

but I don't really wonder too much as your setup is obviously cranking out some good jah for you! nice work :yes:

Whats your atmosphere like? And how are you controlling the atmosphere (Fans in/out, dehuey, cooling equipment, ect...)?

Thanks

StinkyStubb

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
StinkyStubb said:
Whats your atmosphere like? And how are you controlling the atmosphere (Fans in/out, dehuey, cooling equipment, ect...)?

Thanks

StinkyStubb

The temp. in the Cabin is a pretty steady 72-75 air is pulled out by a dayton 265 into the toilet vent
Keeps it around 75-78 in the box
I'm at just over 5,000 ft. it never gets hot for long....even in the summer

Latest posts

Latest posts