What's new

Colloidal Silver vs. STS

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
I'm completely useless with hardware/electronics, Im still not even sure what 6V thing I need (ill just ask at the local electronics store I guess and describe the rig to them).

Does this look about right?
15097colloidal.jpg

G

yeah thats how the connections are made. i use silver wire, easier to handle i guess.

also i use a 9 volt battery. just have to buy the connector that fits the 9v, radio shack has um. prolly get um most anywhere.

hey GK:D nice to see ya around bro.

CBF

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Cedar, cheers for your info!!! All of a sudden it has suddenly become clear ... and damn, I didn't realise it was that easy haha :smile:

So basically like this ? ...

15097colloidal2.gif

Ok so ALL I NEED NOW is the alligator clip/wire/adapter to connect to the battery ... can you buy that as one item? (if so what's it called!? lol)
Or do I buy the wire+adapter seperately, then attach that to two alligator clips manually myself?

... if anybody could point me towards a product page somewhere for this or tell me the keywords to search for i'd be very grateful!

Last edited:

goldking

CS

CS

Pheno, yep you got it buddy, but surely you have a old charger laying around, that was once used to charge a cell phone,or tapedeck, radio ,or toy?

you will be better off, cause you wouldn't want to go to all the troubles with no end results because cause your 9vt battery was dead, do you?, or if you use a new battery every batch you make, you,ll be wasting money. CS is free when made at home, Cost at least $20++ a pint when purchased,and you can use a lot of it during the 3+wks of treatment.

SID hows it going, PM me please.

everyone, whats with all the concern about Volts, hours of brewing, PPM etc etc etc, just put the silver in the distilled water,plug in the charger and go to bed and in the morning,spray away, who cares about scientific hocus pocus, its simpler to make CS then to think about CS IMO

food for thought, i,ve bought S1s from commerical listed breeders and allways receive males or hermies or mutants

i only self parents from 2 different seeds,and not 2 clones from the same plant and have never had a male/hermie, IMO its because 2 diff seed parents have diff genetics(a lil diff anyway) even from the same seed lot, 2 clones from the same mum are identical, which means INCEST can make for undesireable offsprings, or something like that

but with a single great plant or a clone only strain,you may have no choice.

thats just my thoughts about good selfing. it works for me. my current project is a single revegged Chocolate Diesel that i have to self 2 matching clones,cause i only have one plant,buts she's the tastiest thing around and rated a over all '9.5' for flavor and potentcy

selfed cross's are cool too, my first was Love Potion#1 x SD and they are SweeeeeT and all girls.

stay safe GK

Pheno,don't tell anyone in the stores what your up to, please!!

Last edited:
G

Pheno, heres what i use, pretty basic. the green scrubbers are for cleanin the silver wire.

CBF

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Pheno, yep you got it buddy, but surely you have a old charger laying around, that was once used to charge a cell phone,or tapedeck, radio ,or toy? you will be better off, cause you wouldn't want to go to all the troubles with no end results because cause your 9vt battery was dead, do you?
Well for complete electronic dummies like myself (again thanks everyone for your patience with explanations!) I think it'd be a lot safer if I just use a 9V battery. Not that there's much that can go wrong with such a simple aparatus, but I'd feel better working with it knowing i could only get a 9V zap rather than a 240V kick up the ass :smile:
9V batteries are only a few dollars, and it's not like I'll be making CS very often. And yep I'll always use a brand new battery, so I'm sure that'll last the 7 hours (how much power do coins use anyway? lol), and even if it requires a battery change halfway through that'd still be fine. But yes your charger version does have a couple of nice advantages :smile:

who cares about scientific hocus pocus, its simpler to make CS then to think about CS IMO
Yeah but a lot of us find the scientific side of things interesting, and hey we're at a forum - we've got time to talk :D

Pheno,don't tell anyone in the stores what your up to, please!!
It's ok mate, I may be dumb when it comes to electronics but I'm not that dumb :D

thc43

Veteran
i was alittle worried too about the ole 240 zap.. Ive got a heap of old RC car chargers run from a 12 volt battery ajustable for amount of cells volts/amps your charging so it looks like all i need is a chunk of silver...

There wouldnt be an ideal charger basicly i have either Nicad or NiHM chargers from .5 Ampto 10amp linia or pulse charge.. But also have probally more suitable power adaptors from phone and other electrics... ..

Before i try the mint ill see what ive got lying around the house im sure ive got some decent silver wire lying abouts.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Ok, bugger it! ... I can't find a 9V battery adapter so I will try using a 9V power adapter! haha. I guess as long as I do everything while it's unplugged then nothing can go wrong, and just make sure im not touching it when i turn the switch on at the wall (which is plastic/insulated anyway).

ELECTRICAL HELP NEEDED HERE! I just need clarification to see if I've got this right before I electrocute myself. :smile:
I found an AC Power Adapter that outputs DC 9V 600mA (which sounds perfect according to that article i mentioned previously in this thread). It has a single cord which is basically two smaller cords fused together in the middle by plastic insulation, so im assuming that I can basically cut the connection point off the end off it, carefully slice down the middle (to un-fuse the wire into two seperate wires), expose some of the wire at the bottom and coil that around the alligator clips? To look something like this ...
150979vadapter.jpg

Is that right?

thc43 i'll let you know if I don't electrocute myself ... and if you don't hear from me, then uhh .......

thc43,
Before i try the mint ill see what ive got lying around the house im sure ive got some decent silver wire lying abouts.
I guess as long as its clean and 999 pure then silver wire would do the job just as well, good surface area too :smile:
I've got no idea how much you need though, but these 1oz coins seem a bit overkill. If you do end up getting coins from the mint i'd just get 1/2oz ones, or even 1/4oz ones if they have them, just ask for two of the cheapest 999 pure silver coins theyve got

[edit] 2 hours and $1 later I have returned from the shops ... with alligator clips :D so im pretty sure ive now got everything. But, shit - I forgot the distilled water lol. That's ok though, i wasn't going to make any until I get back from holidays in a few weeks

Last edited:
G

damn I love this forum. You can find out how to do anything. The internet must have done one hell of a lot of good for the pot producing world

chosen

Veteran
I wonder if you can make one with just 3 batteries like before and bare wire. Covered with electrical tape.

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Make natural beans and forget this silver shit... it's really crap for cannabis in general

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
XyZ said:
Make natural beans and forget this silver shit... it's really crap for cannabis in general

I agree but also its the only way of making seeds of a female clone, but it should be used wisely and in cases wheres theres no possible way of producing seed the normal way.

Im no fan of female only seeds.
Bought a pack by i mistake once to a price of 105 Euro
:spank: ( stay away from hanf..ws as they dont understand english at all or they just pretend so)
Well the shop made the mistake but ignores my mails about a return and getting the ordered normal seeds in return.

Only seeds ive bought female only be will is Maroc by Female Seeds as its not available in normal seeds :(

Its my opinion that femalizing seeds should be avoided unless its the only way of producing seeds for a particular female plant or clone.
But if thats the case i think discovering this method is brilliant.

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE STICKY

aeric

Veteran
Some plants are clone only and not as stable or reliable in seed form as say...DJs lines Xyz....Orgnkid Bubba is a good example where S1s can be quite good, and this depends largely on the genetics as well....some just won't self well and produce crap, high degree of undesirable recessives, herms, etc....some like Bubba will, it's that simple no need to for so many to get all worked up, one method does not prove ineffective/effective across the board. Try it and see, report your findings, speculation is imagination.

kushcakes

just saw on yahoo where some guy drank a little to much colloidal silver and truned blue really blue

Last edited:
im making some now with a 24v 400ma charger well see how it works. normally i use a 9v 250ma personally i think it will work fine this way.

pineappaloupe

I really want to cross a Sweet Skunk clone (not ISS) I have with Schrom. I think schrooomys original intent was to cross romulan with that sweet skunk clone. Judging by the pros and cons of the two strains, a cross might be golden.
I am going to make pollen from sweet skunk. It seems to be really sensitive to light. The pines on my veg timer got moved (magically according to the room mate) and the sweet skunk started to flower a bit (15 hours of light), and then i got it back to single blade leaves. weird...

Also, if you know of a place that still processes film and develops it using phot sensitive paper, they will have silver. it is impure mid you, but they have to run it through a separator before the water can go down the drain.

i have an og kush plant i have treated with ionized silver the treated branch is starting to produce male features so it most certainly works if done right. should get some s-1's im also going to cross to other med strains if i get enough pollen.:woohoo:

Latest posts

Latest posts