I found this snippet which answered a couple of my Q's:
Keep away from light as even room light will degrade colloids rapidly
by turning solution grey or black just as exposure to light darkens the silver
in camera film. Stir thoroughly or shake each time before using. Keep cool,
but do not refrigerate.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Hey guys I just found some awesome info here which answers a couple of my questions (including questions i never wouldve thought of!)
Below is a thread I started about 2 months ago after reading on various websites concerning the manufacturing processes of 'Do It Yourself Colloidal Silver'. The guys I sifted the information from are "old timers" in the growing scene, who also broke down the STS 'selfing' method for sex reversal using silver nitrate and sodium theosulphate. That's a whole 'nother thing, HA! This information on both processes might be lost because the servers at these websites have been taken out of action, but I 'cut 'n pasted' alot of the STS stuff and recorded it on a Word Document after reading about 50+ pages of information and scouring many threads for updated tricks and adjustments to the solutions. Here is the Colloiday Silver process in a nutshell:

"Hi, I just went thru 10 pages of the thread Heath_Robinson provided us and came upon a post from Country_Mon, the person who documented the sex reversing STS process for the online community a while back. Here is the URL and his contribution to this topic! To me, this here is the "Golden Seal" that the Colloidal Silver reversal process is for real.
http://cannabisworld.org/vbportal/f...15&pagenumber=8

Here is Country_Mon's rundown as he posted:

"Anyhoo. More about ionic silver. I was just saying elsewhere that I think we might want to get away from saying this process works with "colloidal silver", because colloidal silver is a somewhat broad definition- any silver in solution... and the large particles that result from a higher-voltage process (or from commercially available sources) don't seem to really result in full reversal. Whereas those from Cabron's process are the smallest silver particles possible, and are basically "ionic". Does this make sense? I think this distinction might stop people from blowing big bucks on bottles of "colloidal silver" to save themselves time.

The process Cabron has developed needs to be followed very closely for this to work. Key elements of the technique that result in ionic silver are:

1. the low voltage (6 volts is optimum, but anyting at or below 12 volts DC will probably work well). Also, it must be DC, not AC. Amperage hasn't been discussed much; but anything in the 300-900 mA range is what we are looking for. I really suggest getting a 6 volt 300 mA transformer from Radio Shack. Easy to work with and inexpensive, and then we all have a standardized power source to discuss. While 9 volt batteries will work, there will be some variation in the final product that may affect reversal. Exact amperage measured as the process progresses during the 5 hours goes from a tiny amount to a much higher amount due to a conductivity increase as the silver goes into the solution. 6 volts/300 mA is perfect.

2. the airstone and air pump- I have since read about this specific technique of Cabron's elsewhere on the web (they drink the stuff and say that the tiny silver particles are the only ones that target a virus); the airstone is absolutely essential for this process to work properly. This was the opinion of a chemist who anylized the process and it's final product. A magnetic stirrer as seen in labs will also work, but that's a bit beyond most of us. We're basically looking for circulation.

3. the use of distilled water - there must be absolutely nothing else in the water for it to be pure. This may not be entirely critical for cannabis reversal purposes, but personally I drink the stuff too. So- no salt to increase conductivity, and no silver less than .999% pure if you are going to drink it. As an aside, you need to make sure that the alligator clips and any other metal stay well clear of the water to avoid contamination. Saran wrap prevents splashing that results from the bubbler.

4. a proper period of time to let the process work - 5 hours is good. I tend to let mine go 6 to 7 hours. I have read elsewhere that the length of time it needs to run is affected by room temperature. The times listed indicated that 6 to 7 hours was best with room temps of 70 degrees F. Longer times for colder temps and shorter times for warmer temps. It can be very helpful to use a laser pointer to determine if the process is working well. The laser, when pointed through the liquid in the dark, will show a beam of cloudiness when the amount of silver gets higher. For the first two or three hours it looks like nothing is happening at all. At that point one of the silvers will begin to blacken.

Running the process for more than 12 hours will apparently result in larger silver particles (which we don't want); the conductivity at the end gets too high and too much amperage is the result.

5. a standardized amount of distilled water. I haven't seen this discussed much, but 16 ounces is the amount I have settled on. Obviously 8 ounces of finished solution will be twice the strength of 16 ounces, but probably even more due to the increased conductivity of the stronger batch. It seems like the results on reversals will vary accordingly; maybe so, maybe not. Since we can spray them hard and spray them often without stressing the target plant, this may be a minor issue.

6. the distance between the electrodes probably has some affect upon how well the process works. The hard part is that the ideal distance may vary depending upon what conductor type is used, be it wire, coins or bars. I used two 1 oz. silver bars with the top bent into a U shape to hang on the glass rim. Mine were spread about 2 and 1/2 inches apart, and judging by the cloudy beam of laser light this worked fine. For what it's worth, I saw no yellowish tint... my final product was crystal clear in normal light. Maybe my final ppm of silver was a bit too low... I probably need to check that with my ppm meter."

I hope that this information will help those of you who are new to sex-reversal processes. It is nice to get the 'Whole Enchelada' on your plate, so Bon Appitito Everyone

aeric

Veteran
ps. disappointing - this is the only thread at icmag with colloidal/coloidal in the title :(
That is exactly why I made it, hoping it could be a reference.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Well, i have just purchased 2 x 1oz pure silver (.999) coins from the local Mint (approx US$20 each) ... ive never seen any mention of COINS in the CS "how to" guides before, but i figured that being .999 it doesnt matter what shape its in as long as it's pure silver which it is, and if anything being in a coin shape would make it easier to use with alligator clips and probably allow more surface area to be in contact with the water

Should i attack the base of the coin with some clippers (so as to expose more surface area) ???

goldking

CS

CS

Pheno, your 2 silver coins will out last you and your children and grandchildren, if you use them all the time+-

yes clip your alligator clips across the rim of your coins, getting as much of the coin into the distilled water,without getting the clips in with them

some folks use reg issue silver coins but they are only 90% pure so why risk having some contamination from the base metal and now days a old silver coin would cost about as much as a pure silver ingot anyway.

you can use any glass continer, i use a 1pt pyrex measure cup,(its got a handy handle and a pour spout) a guart jar works,i,d just let it brew longer, i,m gonna do a 5 gal batch soon, something i can dip the whole plant into

i,ll let it brew for a wk probably, i,ll stir it once in a while.

keep the CS in the dark, colored glass containers or just put it in the fridge

have fun GK

goldking

5 gallons

5 gallons

Pheno, i said i,d let a 5 gallon batch brew for a week, i let the 1 pint batchs just brew over night.

5-7-9 hrs?? who knows what produces the best results, just letting it run over night works great for me,so i'm happy. i guess the concentration can be measured by PPM ,but whats the point? Store bought CS is 20 ppm, thats about what youl'd get by stirring the water with a silver spoon LOL

some info above said. Don't refridge??? i put my sprayer of CS in the fridge cause it keeps it out of the light, it doesn't turn dark and it works, i can't see silver in any form being hurt by 40 degree temps? but thats just me.

GK

the post below asks for a visual of the process. hmmm?

visualize plugging in your cell phone charger when you go to bed, then visualize unplugging it in the morning. simple huh? lol

no pix posting skills here, even after 10yrs on line, i can send photos of the equipment used via snail, and thats why my set up is so basic/simple..i,m a dumb ass. he he

Last edited:

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Here is a shot of GK's, SD, S1 girls in bloom, I ran a half dozen of them, still running them, no hermi's no nanners. There are two girls in the front tub in this pic. I'll get ya the fresh pics later bud, night time in there now.
H

goldking

Haps, great pixs as usual, manOman do those girls have a deep rich green color.

i really get annoyed sometimes when everyone that grows my gear, reguardless of which state or country its in does a better job them i do :-( lol

stay safe and thanks Haps. GK

Burt

Veteran
$24 for a bottle seems pretty reasonable
wish i had a bottle and about 5 elites to play with!

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
My two silver coins arrived today lol ...

A lot bigger and heavier than I anticipated. They're 1 ounce 999 pure silver coins from the local Mint, they cost about US$20 each, but now that I've seen the size of these things I wish I had've gone for the 1/2 ounce coins instead, but that doesnt matter, at least these will allow more metal surface area to be in contact with the water.

They're legal currency AU$1 coins btw, but cost ~US$20 each due to being more special than a regular AU$1, and costing more to make - its about $15 worth of silver in it, so it goes without saying that you'd be an absolute nong to use it as a $1 coin. They're the cheapest 999 silver 1oz coins I could find and at US$20 im not complaining.

Now i've just gotta get a 6V DC charger/converter of sorts and some alligator clips to go with it, hrm ...

Last edited:

thc43

Veteran
well i may have to try this or the GA method. light stressing doesnt seem to be producing enough bannanas to collect enough pollen to fertilise my girls...

from week 5 to 8 these flowering clones spent atleast 2 days of each week in the veg room to confuse alittle. No sign of bannans until yesterday and then only on one strain and maby 3 clusters over whole Bud and from previouse experience they will never open or produce usable pollen....

A mate works at the mint here so i will look into getting some 99.9% silver in what ever form. Pheno do you mean the oz $1 is 99.9% or the silver coin you bought is actually OZ currency of $1 vut set u back $20.. Ive heard there is a big buy up of our gold and silver atm million dollar orders each week to the US, russia and china.. will chip in my $20:)

Sorry what a fool, capped net took 5 mins for your pic to pop up yep saw those coins the other day at the postoffice..

Last edited:

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Pheno do you mean the oz $1 is 99.9% or the silver coin you bought is actually OZ currency of $1 vut set u back $20
It's an AU$1 coin (has $1 printed on the other side) so if I went to the shops I could only use it as a $1 coin, but it's got about US$15 worth of silver in it and cost me US$20 to buy because of that, and because its a limited edition minted coin. So you'd never actually use it as a $1 coin! - it's more a collectable ... (or in this case a vital component in producing feminised cannabis seeds) :D

All you need for this colloidal silver gig is 999 pure silver, it doesnt matter if its an ingot or a coin or a nugget (altho im guessing the more surface area the better - a coin being excellent in that respect due to being so flat), and 1/2 an ounce seems sufficient.

light stressing doesnt seem to be producing enough bannanas to collect enough pollen to fertilise my girls
Another option is "rhodelization" as Soma calls it - a fancy way of saying "leave them flowering for several weeks after normal harvest time and theyll often produce bananas", but I think that'd have similar issues that you've encountered with light poisoning, plus youd need a lot more patience lol. At least with 'spray-on' methods like GA, STS or CS you can force it, so hopefully we'll have some better luck this way :smile:

But I'm definately leaning towards CS over GA or STS, because ive heard some low-brow things about GA and STS in regards to healthy & safety concerns, whereas CS is essentially just water+silver that you can buy from the chemist and drink for good health. Plus this method of making it yourself at home sounds very easy, inexpensive and repeatable (thus neverending supply) - the coins will last practically forever :smile:

Last edited:

aeric

Veteran
Off topic but that coin looks really cool.

Someone mentioned earlier in thread that those coloidal silver supplements have low ppms, which begs the question: what are the optimal ppms? It would make all this easier if a certain brand had the right amount. Another question would be can it be boiled down, or does some of the silver get removed in boiling? Just some possibilities...

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Off topic but that coin looks really cool.
No its not off-topic because the coin is pure silver :D ... if it was a GOLD coin on the other hand ...

Someone mentioned earlier in thread that those coloidal silver supplements have low ppms
Yep, I guess because they're made as a health product for human consumption, not feminising seeds :)
As to optimum ppm, Im not sure but people seem to agree that ~7 hours of charging gets good results, and goldking just leaves it on overnight. Personally I wouldnt drink home-made CS though - there may be a good reason why the chemist ones are so low in ppm. Actually, Wiki says "Long-term intake of high doses of certain silver products may result in argyria, a rare condition of blue or gray discoloration of the skin". Im tempted to buy a bottle from the chemist actually, the health benefits sounds quite interesting.
Wiki has an interesting page on it ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colloidal_silver

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts