What's new

British Petroleum

Nexus7

I'm actually trying to keep this one on the smaller side if possible so will gradually up-pot as needed to a max of 30L.

I'm using canna terra medium with biocanna nutes.

Hope I'm up to keeping her happy as I've mostly been running Hazes and Sativas lately so will be a bit of a learning curve.

Lumpy-Gravy

Ey up. Day 14 of 12/12. I’ve just let them grow through now. Pretty sure I’ll have enough room. Got cheeky with the light for 24hrs. So turned it back down. We are in transition to be fair so shouldn’t have been so hasty. Once they’ve finished stretching I’ll trim underneath and any leaves giving too much shade. The picture looks worse because of the angle. It’s not that bad. I can choose a few nice cuttings from the trimmings. I’d definitely like to try growing #1 out again. Still much smaller than the others.

Just a reminder only 3.5ishL of coco so don’t be expecting trees lol … Being fed 1.4EC. Around 500ppfd. Temps are warm. It’s nice and toasty when I open the door. My sensor is busy in a drying tent for the time being so not sure exactly. Might dip the feed a little on what I can see and run off numbers but I’ll not be too hasty. See how they fair with the light reduced back as it was.

E1A9205F-D5DA-4D4B-A84A-04917DB4AE47.jpeg
5E73FDF5-2B93-4692-B38A-D1DA8D41EED0.jpeg
8B4A0CCF-A1F7-47E2-A025-338DE270CFD8.jpeg
7906F37E-D2B0-4101-BB6E-D773D574A198.jpeg

Lumpy-Gravy

Ey up. Only a few days past since last update.

Been using a budget light meter to get my lights reyt. I don’t think they like bright LEDS too much. 500ppfd seems to be the limit. The machine worked it out at 21 DLI. Which is only just under recommended levels. I could try pushing the feed but I don’t want to with these. Slow n steady will do for me. If I didn’t care too much about the plants I’d notch up base feed give them a spoon of Epsom leave the lights turned up and see what happens.

Gonna check EC today too when I feed. Just to get an idea of what’s going on. Not checked it for a bit now. Hopefully when I open the tent at tea time they look reyt enough.

Flowers starting to form up now …

E3B2E635-0BF3-4B50-99A3-23EBEA5370E1.jpeg
30CDA83D-961D-41D7-9B58-AE731A29CD97.jpeg
89A4DC28-8278-44CD-B4E9-BFBC37AAB54D.jpeg
5D1BDA3A-CF9C-481F-B9E4-52C3D67D26D4.jpeg
F3784B5A-00BD-47B7-95CC-8F2D842474C3.jpeg

Got me sen a treat too. Had a few unexpected great British pounds sat about. I just smoke weed and drink sugary tea. I’ve got plenty of tea so I bought seeds. Must have about 16/17 different packs there now. Then the December regular seed offer turns up lol can’t resist a seed bargain ….

496EAC48-E137-4EF3-BF8A-9DDAD64D2AFD.jpeg
A3AB11B7-F0B0-47FC-9E85-43F4701D10FE.jpeg

Lumpy-Gravy

Just breaking up me meat hamper and putting stuff in the freezer. Looks like I still have 2 pots of ‘Soup’ pollen. The male Soup has good structure and stem rub was pub drip trays/pub carpet. Sounds rank but if you really concentrate it could be the beer gummies you’d get in yer 10p mix. I might pollinate a couple of lower branches next week if that’s okay with you @ojd

Lumpy-Gravy

Are you noticing much variation in terms of plant structure or aromas yet?
When I open up to feed them it’s just that weedy smell we all get.

Bearing in mind I’ve only got two thumbs so can only stem rub two without clashing. I should take notes really. But that mucky plasticine I mentioned in earlier posts seems to be a theme. A couple are very greasy resinous on the stems. Fairly slippery rather than a stickiness.

I can say with certainty #1 that’s remained small smells strongly of the diesel I encountered with the Choc Cherry Ice Cream Diesel Cake.

Some jumbo jiffy’s arrived yesterday so I’m going to trim and take cuts tonight. I’ll have a rub and a sniff while I’m at it. I’ll check the plants too for any smells lol

*im a dirty ciggie smoker so my sense of smell and taste is de facto compromised. I’ll try me best*

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just breaking up me meat hamper and putting stuff in the freezer. Looks like I still have 2 pots of ‘Soup’ pollen. The male Soup has good structure and stem rub was pub drip trays/pub carpet. Sounds rank but if you really concentrate it could be the beer gummies you’d get in yer 10p mix. I might pollinate a couple of lower branches next week if that’s okay with you @ojd
Of course bro , pollinate whatever you like

Lumpy-Gravy

Ey up. Had a bit of a poo Christmas. So sorry for not updating. My diaries elsewhere have suffered too. My personal circumstances are a bit shit. Been really really negged out and couldn’t shake it off. I didn’t want to interact with anyone, even over the internet. I’d start a post then delete it.

I’ll get some pics tonight. All my plants have suffered with me unfortunately. The BP I’ve endeavoured to try my best.

Some flowers have been light stressed but the shoulder flowers downwards are nice. Some flowers have that foxtailing corn look to them others, probably summat I’ve fucked up but they’re frosty as fuck. Others look fine. All getting smoked regardless. One things for sure … they absolutely stink. Watering them is a bum twitching nightmare. A word of warning have a standby filter. You won’t have time to run to the growshop. The street will smell of stinking owd workboots and nasty socks. The smell even feels warm. If you have to get stuck in at any point a bath afterwards would be a good idea. I absolutely reeked of it all last night.

I’ve got cuts of #5 and #6 revegging. If I can find room I’ll reveg 1-4 failing that I’ll buy another pack.

-3c this morning. Costing a small fortune to keep everything warm. Gonna take a tent down after this is finished. Being priced out of the hobby that keeps me sane.

stunkfrunk

Onwards and upwards Lumpy Gravy. It's shit when crap goes down and around but you'll have sticky, stinking flowers out of the pain of not keeping it all up and managed as you'd like. The expense of everything is getting to be a nightmare however you can heat the tent cheap like, I've put a couple of electric blankets down on the floor of a tent, covered with the in tray the tent comes with so it's waterproof, these I could afford to run and kept the roots and plants as happy as. I've even put Rockwool stuff that insulates our lofts around the outside of the tent to keep it insulated. It all keeps the costs down and tents at the right temperature even if you're freezing your nuts off in the place the tents are in.

Lumpy-Gravy

Cheers bud. Starting to snap out of it a bit past week or so.

Yeah it’s not quite a cluster fuck. All smokable. It’s not ruined the anticipation of smoking it like. At one point I thought I had an unintended reveg. Just light stress.

I think I might do that. I do have 3 large heatmats but I overstretch myself to stop the intrusive thoughts gaining traction. But I just end up spinning plates. I need to bring down me lecky bills but it’ll probably do ma a favour. Just one pack and one tent at a time for the foreseeable.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ey up. Had a bit of a poo Christmas. So sorry for not updating. My diaries elsewhere have suffered too. My personal circumstances are a bit shit. Been really really negged out and couldn’t shake it off. I didn’t want to interact with anyone, even over the internet. I’d start a post then delete it.

I’ll get some pics tonight. All my plants have suffered with me unfortunately. The BP I’ve endeavoured to try my best.

Some flowers have been light stressed but the shoulder flowers downwards are nice. Some flowers have that foxtailing corn look to them others, probably summat I’ve fucked up but they’re frosty as fuck. Others look fine. All getting smoked regardless. One things for sure … they absolutely stink. Watering them is a bum twitching nightmare. A word of warning have a standby filter. You won’t have time to run to the growshop. The street will smell of stinking owd workboots and nasty socks. The smell even feels warm. If you have to get stuck in at any point a bath afterwards would be a good idea. I absolutely reeked of it all last night.

I’ve got cuts of #5 and #6 revegging. If I can find room I’ll reveg 1-4 failing that I’ll buy another pack.

-3c this morning. Costing a small fortune to keep everything warm. Gonna take a tent down after this is finished. Being priced out of the hobby that keeps me sane.
Sorry to hear your going through a tough time ( New year can be that for many , I've also started the year not great with major security scare leaving me no choice but to throw 200 plants away , sucks)
But hang in there bro as you got a real greenthumb and would be a loss to lose such a great Green thumb.
But take care and do whatever you have to so your safe and or comfortable.

Yeah the Diesel alone let alone Cheese Diesel ( British Petroleum) will have anyone worried , Original Diesel clone is so loud and very hard to contain that stench , wall pentrating shit , 1 if not the loudest EVER.

Sending good vibes bro and wish you a a better New year ahead

Lumpy-Gravy

Jeez that’s a proper killer that @ojd its always better safe than sorry but fuck man that’s a big ol kick in the bollocks is that.

Thanks for the pep up like. Once the daylight hours start to increase moods improve I find. Plenty of Connoisseur beans there to make 2024 agood’un. We’ll go again with these BP and pop some GMO Dough. See how many filters I can destroy lol

Also wishing yer a good, safe, steady away 2024. Take it easy bud :)

Lumpy-Gravy

Yeah it’s bonkers really how much it costs. It’s more so when you double up. With it being so cold (about -4 overnight) you have to put central heating on to keep the house habitable so it’s using the extra gas that kills it. I can stand the pain of a 1.5kwh oil rad for a few weeks but just trying not to freeze to death bangs another £3 a day on to my bill. Doesn’t sound much but I’m just a regular Joe doing manual labour. In England we rely too much on imported energy so we’re held to ransom somewhat by Dutch, German, French energy firms. It’s been on the news they’re closing Port Talbot steel foundry. So now britain can no longer even make it’s own steel. I love this country but I hate those bastards running it. An absolute shower of shite …. Rant over lol

Maria Sanchez

Yeah it’s bonkers really how much it costs. It’s more so when you double up. With it being so cold (about -4 overnight) you have to put central heating on to keep the house habitable so it’s using the extra gas that kills it. I can stand the pain of a 1.5kwh oil rad for a few weeks but just trying not to freeze to death bangs another £3 a day on to my bill. Doesn’t sound much but I’m just a regular Joe doing manual labour. In England we rely too much on imported energy so we’re held to ransom somewhat by Dutch, German, French energy firms. It’s been on the news they’re closing Port Talbot steel foundry. So now britain can no longer even make it’s own steel. I love this country but I hate those bastards running it. An absolute shower of shite …. Rant over lol

Rant heard.
Time for some leaders that care for the citizens, not their own bank accounts.

Latest posts

Latest posts