What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

166w Rubbermaid Bonanza purple style

padawan

And here we go with next round gonna try some kindasorta sog style

Unknown og pheno day 11 flower
PB200005.jpg

PB200009.jpg

PB200004.jpg

And we can forget about ol yeller at day 64
PB200011.jpg

Keep on truckin

padawan

thanks folks

I love my tub. If anybody would have told me i was gonna pull 3oz out of a rubbermai with walmart lights before finding these forums i would have told them they were crazy.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Hey padawan, :tree: nice dank harvest should cure nicely for a :xmasnut: christmas, well done. :smokeit:
Happy Gardening All.
Peace.
:eggnog:

padawan

thanks b00m

i think i finally got it down to where i will not be dry at all between harvests. It only took 2 runs to get her in dialed enough.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
Would you ever consider trimming all the main fan leaves to let more light to the other bud sites?

padawan

which fan leaves? Dont the leaves create the energy needed for bud growth? Ive heard it both ways. Have any examples?

padawan

you got me thinking mr tony. I might try a experiment with a couple since i have a few that i think are the same pheno type. So it would be a good comparison test. Thanks for the link.

I trimmed my first grow like that and got a pretty good yield. I always trim the bottom up because the cfls light dosnt really go that far and to help circulation. But it just seems like the ongoing debate. Some swear by it. Some swear against it. Id like to see some side by sides. BUt i havent found any of those yet. You?

colonelcrackers

you got me thinking mr tony. I might try a experiment with a couple since i have a few that i think are the same pheno type. So it would be a good comparison test. Thanks for the link.

I trimmed my first grow like that and got a pretty good yield. I always trim the bottom up because the cfls light dosnt really go that far and to help circulation. But it just seems like the ongoing debate. Some swear by it. Some swear against it. Id like to see some side by sides. BUt i havent found any of those yet. You?

I SCRoG in my Tub, so I let all the fans below the screen start to yellow and remove them. You're doing it SOG style, so you have 2 schools of thought, you can either let them grow au naturale, or you can lollipop them, in other words, remove anything below 12" from the light, as the light past 1ft from the CFLs diminishes 4x for every foot past the light source (inverse of squares law, I believe.) Make sure you don't remove the fans that are above 1ft, because as you said before, they are the "solar panels" for your plants, converting light and sugars to energy for the plant.

So if you are considering doing a test, I would run the ones you have as they are now, clone them, and then do a proper test of the theory. (Just because they look like the same pheno, don't make it so. You want to be able to smoke-test all the current plants and pick your fave.) Run 4 clones lollipopped, and 4 clones regular and see what they net you. Try to use 4 very similar clones for each group so that you have some type of measureable equality. In other words, don't use 2 scragglers and 2 beasts for each style, try to get 4 very similarly rooted and vegged clones for both styles. Take more clones than you will need, then break them up into groups and discard the ones that don't make the cut. That's my 2cents, YMMV.

Great results on your last grow btw, Padawan.

padawan

Ive already done a little lollipop action to theses plants. I removed the lower branches of growth to keep them from overgrowing each other. I like the results so far. Yeah the inverse square law is why im considering this at all.

BUt at the same time it seems like wasted energy to cut something that has already been developed and is needed for survival and growth of the plant

Latest posts

Latest posts