What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Zamal genetics side by side test comparison grow

funkyhorse

Growing many plants the only way to know if they are the strains to build on is by smoke test. I miss creeper high weed. For me creeper high weed is the weed to build on.
I miss the laughing weed as well, weed that made you laugh big time. Laughing weed was probably some pheno of the creeper weed

All of the Mango Zamal girls got chopped in the last 4 days when there was no photo uploading
The most impressive by looks is
Mango zamal girl 2, looking forwards to vape her
Mango zamal 2 (6).jpeg
Mango zamal 2 (7).jpeg
Mango zamal 2 (8).jpeg
Mango zamal 2 (9).jpeg
Mango zamal 2 (10).jpeg
Mango zamal 2 (11).jpeg
Mango zamal 2 (12).jpeg
Mango zamal 2 (13).jpeg
Mango zamal 2 (14).jpeg
Mango zamal 2 (15).jpeg

funkyhorse

During the days the uploading was down, Double Zamal auto pheno was harvested
I got help for trimming and pictures were taken with a cheap mobile phone, dont do justice to the plant
No rot no fungus no problems, happy chandelier pheno autoflowering here
Looking forwards to try this one cured
Double Zamal auto chandelier 1
Double Zamal auto (1).jpeg
Double Zamal auto (2).jpeg
Double Zamal auto (3).jpeg
Double Zamal auto (4).jpeg
Double Zamal auto (5).jpeg

funkyhorse

This one is Double Zamal rot 3
A pity but it is what it is, some plants dont stand the rainy weather and high humidity
This Double Zamal rot 3 right and bigger taller sister Double Zamal left. Big difference in the leaf colour. Sister on the left is light green and Double Zamal rot 3 is dark green
Double zamal rot 3 right and sister double zamal left.jpeg

This is the only rotten bud together with a little bit of bud rot at the top.
Double zamal rot 3 (1).jpeg

Top shot
Double zamal rot 3 top shot (2).jpeg

Full plant, on the right is a Golden Tiger fem version cut. Cuts from feminized seed have always had lack of vigour for me and high gets washed down as well
Double zamal rot 3 (3).jpeg

The rest
Double zamal rot 3 (11).jpeg
Double zamal rot 3 (5).jpeg
Double zamal rot 3 (2).jpeg
Double zamal rot 3 (13).jpeg

funkyhorse

Auto Hazes
I have 2 versions, one done with Zamal x Seedsman Hz BX male(Auto Haze 1) and the other is the same Zamal girl x Oldtimer Green Haze low productivity long flowering pheno(Auto Haze 2)

The result is very impressive so far. It is much more productive than both parents
I hope the high is better than both parents as well
Auto Haze 1 full plant and lower bud
Auto haze 1 (1).jpeg
Auto haze 1 (2).jpeg
Auto haze 1 (3).jpeg

Auto Haze 2 full plant and lower bud
Auto haze 2 (2).jpeg
Auto haze 2 (1).jpeg

funkyhorse

Golden Tiger cut from feminized seed
This has always been my experience with feminized seed, lack of vigour the first time and from second cut the high gets washed down
I wanted to see how it flowers outdoors, very good landrace resistance
This feminized Golden Tiger has been stronger than all of the Purple Haze x Meao Thai
Golden tiger fem cut, less than 1 meter tall
Golden tiger (3).jpeg
Golden tiger (4).jpeg
Golden tiger (5).jpeg

Double Zamal grow is finnished
3 males all intersex
Out of 9 girls, one is accidentally very heavily seeded during a storm and will not be able to smoke
From the remaining 8, 2 grew male flowers and got chopped. One made bananas at the end of flowering, 4 of them rot and just one finnished well without issues
A lot of variability, tall and branchy plants auto and non auto together with columnar plants auto and non auto. I doubt I will search in the seed made unless the high is trippy creeper weed which I doubt because I see indica in the mix, on early tests I find between the mix smelly plants with instant high and plenty of munchies which is not the profile of plants I look for
Double zamal rot 4, probably the most productive of the bunch together with the girl that finnished without issues
Double zamal rot 4 rot branch.jpeg
Double zamal rot 4 (2).jpeg
Double zamal rot 4 top shot (6).jpeg
Double zamal rot 4 top shot (1).jpeg
Double zamal rot 4 top shot (3).jpeg
Double zamal rot 4 top shot (4).jpeg
Double zamal rot 4 top half (1).jpeg

funkyhorse

Last Zamal A of the project is the photoperiod pheno
Very sticky, good landrace resistance for most of the phenos for this one
No intersex in the Zamal A line
Double Zamal had more trouble here: intersex both balls and bananas, low resistance to humidity and good landrace resistance to local fauna

Looking forwards to smoke the cured buds end of august
Zamal A photoperiod (1).jpeg
Zamal A photoperiod (3).jpeg
Zamal A photoperiod (4).jpeg
Zamal A photoperiod (5).jpeg
Zamal A photoperiod (6).jpeg
Zamal A photoperiod (7).jpeg
Zamal A photoperiod (8).jpeg
Zamal A photoperiod (9).jpeg
Zamal A photoperiod (11).jpeg
Zamal A photoperiod top half.jpeg

Still remaining are the Auto Zamal which look very good and interesting and Mango Karut BX which seems to be low productivy and inbreeding depression issues

funkyhorse

Mango karut BX vegbox got the chop because of mold issues
3 consecutive days of constant rain with humidity not going down from 90% and no sun, wellll plants are complaining
Mango karut top shot got rot and Northern Thai P2 in the background for comparison plus a couple of buds
The whole harvest will be made brick, still 3 sisters going looking similar but no rot so far
Mango karut bx vegbox (1).jpeg
Mango karut bx vegbox (2).jpeg
Mango karut bx vegbox (3).jpeg

Mauritius x Ethiopian girl 2 got the chop as well because of rot issues. I pushed it as much as I could but the storm and polar low minimum weather wasnt of her liking. I am quite happy with the maturity of the plant
Too much wind here, cant grow without a greenhouse, wind gusts of more than 60km/hr
Very productive, I made the first earlier picked buds brick and now I will jar the rest
5 months from seed to harvest. Same flowering onset 3 weeks before autumm equinox and similar flowering times as NH21xMM from Bushweed but with much much better landrace resistance.
No pm at all and bugs like thrips attacked fan leaves but no bugs at all on the buds, super resinous and sticky which I hope will be locked in the brick
I hope the high of Mauritius x Ethiopian will be much more of my liking than Nh21xMM
M x E 2 windy day (1).jpeg
M x E 2 (23).jpeg
M x E 2 (24).jpeg
M x E 2 (25).jpeg
M x E 2 (27).jpeg
M x E 2 (28).jpeg
M x E 2 (29).jpeg

funkyhorse

All Auto hazes much more productive than their parents, really amazing
Auto Haze V.2 early sample, this one looks very interesting.
Auto Haze V 2(1).jpeg
Auto Haze V 2(2).jpeg

Auto Haze V.1 girl 1 got chopped, she had some rotten buds, she could have gone longer but her mother also suffered the weather here so not surprised
I will brick the top shot and the lowers
Despite the rot, buds clean from bugs, only attacked fan leaf. Same as most of the Zamal experiment
Zamal and thai have very good landrace resistance to bugs, can grow them here, only problem is to find the rot resistant plants
Auto Haze V1 girl 1 (1).jpeg
Auto Haze V1 girl 1 (4).jpeg
Auto Haze V1 girl 1 (5).jpeg
Auto Haze V1 girl 1 (6).jpeg
Auto Haze V1 girl 1 (7).jpeg
Auto Haze V1 girl 1 (8).jpeg
Auto Haze V1 girl 1 (9).jpeg
Auto Haze V1 girl 1 (10).jpeg

funkyhorse

2 Mango Karut BX got chopped and just one remaining but not for long
Inbreeding depression is what I am getting with all the backcrosses I tried
While I expected some rot because of the mother, I didnt expect such low productivity
Buds not sticky. I will make them brick
Mango karut bx 2 (1).jpeg
Mango karut bx 2 (2).jpeg
Mango karut bx 2 (3).jpeg

Auto Haze V.1 is very productive and very sticky
Same mother as above but outcrossed to Smoh BX
This is unexpected as well, it is more productive than both parents and more sticky than both parents
This is a branch from girl 2 with a little rot I will probably brick
Auto haze 1 girl 2 (1).jpeg
Auto haze 1 girl 2 (2).jpeg
Auto haze 1 girl 2 (3).jpeg

Only Auto Hazes left from the zamal side by side grow

funkyhorse

Auto Haze V.1 is Mango Pepper x Smoh BX
Consistent smells and productivity all girls, really impressive how it is a lot more producing than the parents
I also expect this one I will like it more than all the boring Sativa CBD of this project because simply it will a lot less CBD
Like all zamal genetics very good landrace resistance, bugs die at the trichomes not reaching buds like in first pic and this is needed in this environment
Auto haze v.1 5 (1).jpeg

Auto haze v.1 5 (2).jpeg
Auto haze v.1 5 (3).jpeg
Auto haze v.1 5 (4).jpeg
Auto haze v.1 5 (5).jpeg
Auto haze v.1 5 (6).jpeg
Auto haze v.1 5 (8).jpeg
Auto haze v.1 5 (11).jpeg
Auto haze v.1 5 (12).jpeg
Auto haze v.1 5 (9).jpeg

funkyhorse

Last Zamal strain is the homemade Zamal MP x Green Ot1hz male 2
The difference with the cross done with Smoh BX is huge and surprising
Smoh BX male gave progeny which is all same, like clones. Same vigour, productivity, flowering and smells in all the plants
Instead the cross with Ot1Hz green late male 2 is giving too many different phenos. All plants are different leaning to both parents and in between
It is also much longer flowering than the cross with Smoh BX

I am curious how the highs will compare
2 different girls from this cross, these ones are coming first
Zamal MP x ot1hz male 2.jpeg
Zamal MP x ot1hz male 2 girl 2.jpeg

funkyhorse

This has become last priority, the thai harvest has all attention now
So when pressure is down and some free time left, time to chop the first Zamal MP x Green Oldtimer hz girl
I am noting now while harvesting the plant was attacked by some bug, probably some leafcutter and buds fall easily
Zamal MP x Green Ot1hz girl 1 a lot less productive than the cross from the same mother with smoh bx, similar smells to the other cross
Zamal MP x ot1hz male 2 girl 1 (1).jpeg
Zamal MP x ot1hz male 2 girl 1 (2).jpeg
Zamal MP x ot1hz male 2 girl 1 (3).jpeg
Zamal MP x ot1hz male 2 girl 1 (4).jpeg
Zamal MP x ot1hz male 2 girl 1 (5).jpeg
Zamal MP x ot1hz male 2 girl 1 (6).jpeg