What's new

YOGURT CUP CHALLENGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
8s, how did you do this?
That's like nurture up a cow in a chicken den!!

:laughing: i've been thinking that it is more like trying to pour water into a funnel through the small end

they were in 100% coco using top feed drain to waste. i used CX nutrients that the grow store gave me for free but the idea came from h3ad's sticky in the coco forums. he was growing big plants in 1 gallon pots with lucas formula and hand watering as i recall, but his explanation of oxygenation and why his method works made me think it would be good for growing in small containers. i automated with one of these timers .........

10025.jpg

........ and made sure they were getting fed as much as they needed to be. that timer makes dialing things in and small adjustments simple

gotta give some credit to the guys at CX nutrients too....... seems to me that Regen-A-Root does everything they claim it does and maybe a little more

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I recall another member rocking a drip feed to waste, Greenmatter, I believe.
Grew trees like you did, Eighths.

Need to get me a drip system.

Fucking amazing.

zamzia

Veteran
:laughing: i've been thinking that it is more like trying to pour water into a funnel through the small end

they were in 100% coco using top feed drain to waste. i used CX nutrients that the grow store gave me for free but the idea came from h3ad's sticky in the coco forums. he was growing big plants in 1 gallon pots with lucas formula and hand watering as i recall, but his explanation of oxygenation and why his method works made me think it would be good for growing in small containers. i automated with one of these timers .........

View Image

........ and made sure they were getting fed as much as they needed to be. that timer makes dialing things in and small adjustments simple

gotta give some credit to the guys at CX nutrients too....... seems to me that Regen-A-Root does everything they claim it does and maybe a little more

What are those timers called please? I've yet to see repeat timers in the UK. Annoyingly.

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
What are those timers called please?

i don't know what they are called on your side of the pond, but if you google ART-DNe timer over here they can be found in a lot of places. that is probably not gonna help you much since the voltage is different but it might be a good place to start. good luck!

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Here's the little monster:

picture.php

Up close, not done yet:

picture.php

This little cocksucker is a one off, I took no cuttings, and I'm glad
she's an orphan. I'll get a couple grams of decent smoke, meh.

Ambient temps low 90's, lol.

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
Fuck yeah, that's yield. I don't get that in
my 150w vert box. Well close, anyway.

Kudos.

thanks DC.

my yogurt cup rig sits between 2 1000 watt HPS bulbs that are less than 4 feet apart ........... that extra 1850 watts that they are getting probably has as much or maybe more to do with with the yields as nutes or grow style. they get more than they need and they seem to like it

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
thanks DC.

my yogurt cup rig sits between 2 1000 watt HPS bulbs that are less than 4 feet apart ........... that extra 1850 watts that they are getting probably has as much or maybe more to do with with the yields as nutes or grow style. they get more than they need and they seem to like it
1850 W for a yoghurt cup?
Can't you do anything normal over there...
Super Size Me and Welcome to 'Merica :D

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
1850 W for a yoghurt cup?
Can't you do anything normal over there...
Super Size Me and Welcome to 'Merica :D

:biggrin: what we have here is a communication problem.

i run 2 1000 watt HPS in flower so the bulbs are on anyway. the only place that the yogurt cup rig will fit is between the bulbs where i usually stand to do what needs to be done in the room. all that i do for the yogurt cups that is different than the rest of the room is the drip system itself, the lighting and ventilation is running anyway.

but to answer your question ....... no i don't do anything normal! normal people worry me:ying:

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Dam... could you give me till tomorrow? Kinda hart to peel the 20 or 30 calyxes from the stem :) .

EDIT: Here a pic of the dried and 'manicured bud'... shitty, isn't it?

Attachments

• IMG_9520.jpg
    IMG_9520.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 49

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
rules are rules, OO, sorry ;D
looks good tho, as good as hemp growin in a yogi cup can look,
shit, you stuck with it and followed thru, kudos

Status