What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

WORLD CUP GERMANY 06

Status
Not open for further replies.

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
Blowmonkey said:
Give me a break. All Portugal did was defend, throughout the whole game, looking for the quick counter. They've only gotten dangerous in front of the goal a few times, while Holland was dangerous 15 times at the very least.

kind of reminds me exactly of what Holland did when they played Argentina :D

anti-football will always be a part of the game, sadly... shit man, even Brazil played the best Catenacho style against Ghana when they are supposed to be the ones opposing such aesthetics with the jogo bonito...

peace!

vidro

Blowmonkey for me it looked like an eternity, at least the 2nd part.
the red cars were like this:
Costinha 45
BOULAHROUZ 63
Deco 78'
VAN BRONCKHORST 95
ok not always but at least 18 + 17 = 35 minutes in a 51 minutes 2nd time -> added this ->if the red card timings are correct.
All Portugal did was defend, throughout the whole game
this is not correct but everybody sees things in a different way :)

Last edited:

Blowmonkey

I've seen the game twice, saw the re-run that night and could clearly see that Portugal lost connection from the midfield when Ronaldo couldn't play anymore (apart from that goal where Maniche stormed through the defence in nice combination play) and they lost complete control on the midfield when Costinha got sent off. The first half it already wasn't very offensive what Portugal was showing, but the second really annoyed me because now they really drew back with 9 men behind the ball. It's not like they really had any choice either though, Holland did force them.

Btw, the red card timings are pretty much correct, but you forget that between that 78th minute and the 83rd completely nothing happened, same thing during pretty much the whole second half. As I said, actual playing time was less than 25 minutes.

PazVerdeRadical said:
kind of reminds me exactly of what Holland did when they played Argentina :D

Nah, that match wasn't representative of Holland or Argentina. If our countries both really tried, we would've seen both at least score. Holland played on possesion with 5 subs and Argentina played with a couple of subs as well and didn't really even try, they were unlucky a couple of times though with a couple of dangerous outbreaks, while Hollands' attacks almost all didn't seemed to work. It wasn't defensive, that's for sure.

Last edited:
G

PazVerdeRadical said:
Vision, lol @ the ref. story, what an idiot...

i forgot to comment on the Aragones' racist comments, the guy is mental, what can i say? he's fat and old and still into race purity mentalities, he'd be lucky to get some of my pity :bat:

man, the Argentina vs. Germany game will be hardcore, there's a whole history behind it going back decades. it won't be easy, and i dunno how much of a prophetic dream the dream i had was, but i am a man of faith :D and if Argentina wins, this will surely balance the force to the bright side of the force worldwide lol, if not, the dark side of the force will keep ruling football... hence why i try to abstain when it comes to discussing all the dirt behind all leagues, fifa, etc... don't be surprised to see some unfair yellow/red cards shown at argentinian players, or a few dives by germans granting them freebie penalty kicks... but it is best to disregard all these things and win straight up regardless of the interests behind the possibility of germany winning.
just check the "logic" behind Ecuador withdrawing all its true players from the game against Germany... anyone who has played football in any kind of league will know that when the coach takes you out and tells you it is 'cause u need "rest", what really happens is that the player starts to doubt himself and his rythim that was cultivated in the past games is screwed... you only make those movements in pro of interests that transcend the game, sadly...

don't even get me started on how Italy passed... wtf was that last minute penalty kick call all about? as if the ref. was tired and wanted to go home as soon as possible... you cannot allow a game this important be decided with that sort of plays imho.

one love!

Arragones is quitting international footballing duties now. Good to hear...he won't be missed. :wave:

As for the game in a little while - I'll be watching out for dodgy decisions in favour of Germany! It wouldn't surprise me. The German support will act like a 12th man... I'm predicting an Arg win...but on penalties. It's gonna be a cracker!

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
I think you're talking rubbish mate :wink:

But yea, blame it on dodgy decissions if you can't come up with anything better :joint:

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
Alex-F said:
I think you're talking rubbish mate :wink:

But yea, blame it on dodgy decissions if you can't come up with anything better :joint:

Alex-f, no one is blaming anything on anyone yet, just giving a heads up, it is not unusual... or are you too young to remember the final of italy 90´? :biglaugh:

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
the pseudo-sarcastic answers of Alex-F...
so the final of italy 90' was won by the germans with pure great football playing, uh?
don't answer, i know you will say 'yes!' but that you only know so 'cause an older dude told you so... yikes...

G

Well I predicted it going to penalties....should have known you should never write off the Germans.

What was that fight all about at the end..?

32 teams - only one goes home happy....the rest are fucking miserable.

Last edited:
G

man and the germans win.. this is going to pose a prob for us italians after we beat ukraine.. cause after this win the germans are going to just keep getting stronger and stronger.. but from the sounds of things argentina just kinda ran out of gas...crazy this world cup minus the refs is really good. im stooked on it....

now once the AZZURRI win i will be stooked today...

FORZA AZZURRI

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
this is part of the game... what about Podolsky's nazi salute to the tribunes after he scores his pentalty kick? a classic - that was his 'say no to racism' salute! :biglaugh:

V.O.Shiva, the fight was because the germans went to mock the argentinians, you know, like all great winners do...

man, i was thinking: "vision of shiva predicted this!" when the over-time was over and was confident i would be asking you for lottery numbers next lol, but not anymore hehehehe...

peace.

edit: what a shitty day!

Last edited:
G

Stoned Silly said:
:chin: The gold match is Brazil and Germany theres a reason that they are in different sides of the bracket. It's already decided!! :joint:

Boy this guy knows his soccer :bat: foooootball lol Like I said 10 pages ago Germany vs Brazil :joint:

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
gotta post again... the truth of the game was Argentina played great, controlled the game, put all the football into the game,
while Germany just held back and defended, awaiting for an Argentinian mistake... this is how the Germans
were able to tie... in the penalty kicks they got lucky because Abondazieri had to leave injured by a German attacker
who knee him in the ribs... Podolsky gives his nazi salute to the German tribunes and after they win they go mock
the Argentinians.
Peckerman (the Argentinian coach) made a few mistakes in the changes too.
but as i said, this is part of football, where a team who has no game nor talent can win.
this is why football is such a true reflection of the real world, far out stuff if you think about it.
paz.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
The Argentinians made a grave tactical error. After scoring, they backed home and tried every possible way to stall the game (all those players falling over for no or little reason, it looked and felt like the Italian league). Taking out Crespo for a defensive player shows that it was the coach's strategy. Then, when Germany scored ten minutes before the end, there were no more wind in the Argentinian sail. After Ayala's goal, Germany was clearly shocked, their attacks were fierce but badly organized. If Argentina would have continued to play their game, and maybe even scored again, victory would have been theirs. To bad they tried to play it safe. Remember the final in the Euro 2000, between Italy and France? It was exactly the same. Italy scored first, then tried to kill the game. They almost did, but France scored right before the end, then again in the prolongation. It just shows that trying to play defensive football on a 1-0 lead is a mistake, no matter how good a team you've got. Jose Pekerman needs a big kick in the ass for that one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.