What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Why The Next President May Have To Support Marijuana Legalization

armedoldhippy

Veteran
if bary o has anything to do with legalization, it will be attached to some antigun positions.. like: you get high?? no guns. dats how that backdoor MOFO operates..

EDIT: they are all backdoor.

they are already having that fight in certain med legal states, with mixed results. a few courts have held that you do not give up your 2nd amendment rights to self-defense regardless of what prescription medicine you take/use. I think this is the correct line of thought, myself.:tiphat:

ECtraveler

Veteran
San Diego busts were not federal, iirc, but rather local.

Again, not entirely true. The city did request enforcement but the DEA was involved in every single raid and/or closure. Didn't matter if the establishment was operating within the state's guidelines or not. Every last shop was closed turning the black market into the only source of medication for 100 miles.

While stated policy might have been re-written actual in the field enforcement has changed very little under the Obama administration. Sure, Colorado might be in a better situation today but not so for a lot of other states that have voted for the right.

edit: Also Colorado gets special treatment because you are a swing state

Last edited:

monkey5

Veteran
Every dime of tax money from herbs should go to pay off the debt..and for nothing else! No new spending what-so-ever!!! No new police! Not for drug programs! And they must free every person inside for ..so called.."herb crimes"!! It is the only way I will vote for "them" to get a dime!!! monkey5

vostok

Veteran
....and the winner is ...

HillaryClinton.jpg

Clinton 'to announce 2016 campaign'

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32254416

R

rbt

Well before the Feds can get control with the change in classification. is to have every legitimate tax paying properly licensed Marijuana business in line. So when the FDA and the Banking FDIC, interstate Commerce Agreements can be worked out. It's coming probably before the big primaries to get momentum. I love Rahm Emanuel quote "Never let a crisis go to waste" after they all get shut down Banking rules are going on now. Lets save this crisis stop the raiding change the classification. These raids are in direct unlawful conflict to a Congressional Directive the Republicans have stopped funding the DOJ is a government of it's own

snake11

Yeh, that's obviously why the DEA isn't raiding legal pot shops in CO & WA, huh?

Obama hate among cannabis users is not rational. He's done more for us than any previous President except perhaps Clinton who initially allowed MMJ in CA. He enables us entirely.

There have been more drug raids and prosecutions under Obama then under Bush. If you think Obama has been good to cannabis users time to open your eyes. The president try's to act cool about cannabis on tv while he allows medical patients to have their doors kicked in. He also refuses to control the dea who are still trying to persecute people for cannabis. Remember the owner of this board Gypsy had his freedom taken during the Obama administration.

Last edited:

waveguide

Veteran
here's an interesting game some of you can try,

i call it "hard on" and it works like this -

first, you pretend that hard ons are extremely rare and valuable, and you put a price tag on them, then you formulate trade conditions. price should of course be something above most peoples means to exascerbate scarcity, so you can profit on all those hard on sales you'll be making.

then you live your fucking life with your nuts up your own ass and all nut nut nut in your own brain when you realise hard ons are common as fuck.

you're not going to charge $10 a gram for hard ons. you're not going to be buying automobiles when you have a couple pounds of hard ons to move. we've got our own fucking hardons! no one needs your little shit.

sit n spin bro.

waveguide

Veteran
There have been more drug raids and prosecutions under Obama then under Bush. If you think Obama has been good to cannabis users time to open your eyes.

some of these people are innocent dupes. others purposefully disperse such "informations" to keep the population confused and incapable of responding. perception management, the mason with their hand in your pocket, been there for as long as the united states.

if only people would note who lies, how often, then eventually beat them to shit, masons would think twice. so their job is to make sure no one believes in them, so they can keep living alongside and keep the wheels in the ruts, talking bullshit about democrat or republican.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
they are already having that fight in certain med legal states, with mixed results. a few courts have held that you do not give up your 2nd amendment rights to self-defense regardless of what prescription medicine you take/use. I think this is the correct line of thought, myself.:tiphat:

How about anybody that buys a case of beer on Friday night cannot own weapons? I'm more likely to shoot somebody when I'm drunk than when I'm stoned.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
How about anybody that buys a case of beer on Friday night cannot own weapons? I'm more likely to shoot somebody when I'm drunk than when I'm stoned.

well, they tried that. that was where we got organized crime from. but they LIKE alcohol, that is THEIR poison. they don't like what WE like, and the hypocrisy around that argument (we don't NEED another alcohol/tobacco) is so thick that you can cut it with a knife & wrap it up in aluminum foil...stupid motherfuckers.

Jhhnn

Veteran
some of these people are innocent dupes. others purposefully disperse such "informations" to keep the population confused and incapable of responding. perception management, the mason with their hand in your pocket, been there for as long as the united states.

if only people would note who lies, how often, then eventually beat them to shit, masons would think twice. so their job is to make sure no one believes in them, so they can keep living alongside and keep the wheels in the ruts, talking bullshit about democrat or republican.

Please. The reason that the community is still having problems in CA is because CA cannabis law is obviously a mess, creating a grey area where growers can make mucho dinero & the authorities can feed like sharks taking swimmers from a crowded beach.

In states where the law is clear, like here in CO, legal operators have no problems with the Feds, not since this memo was issued-

Nuance Communications, Inc. - 3052013829132756857467.pdf

The Obama admin played it the same way wrt immigration- first a big crackdown to show people what they're really asking for, then public outcry, then shifting to a much more reasonable position.

Or, you know, Obama could have pulled a Romney, shut down retail marijuana in WA & CO before it ever got going. Federal supremacy is absolute, should they choose to exercise it, something the Obama Admin has *not* done in states that have legalized or have coherent MMJ statutes. CA is not one of those places.

Shee-it, Sherlock- he's holding the door open for even greater legalization as we've seen in OR, AK & DC. Y'all just need to get your shit together & step through. Or just whine about how it's all Obama's fault- everything!

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Jhhnn, you made some good points. It would have been much worse with Romney.

I'm watching from the sidelines here in Indiana. We will be one of the last to legalize, I'm sure.

At least we're not South Carolina or Alabama. Or Florida or, God forbid, Texas. All states with some great people and great things, but a large percentage of what armedoldhippy aptly called, "stupid motherfuckers."

Snook

Still Learning

they could then 'get me' twice! and Saturday night and Sunday afternoon and Monday night.. (I really don't drink that much).

but yes, drunk the possibility of using the gun would generally be more.. high... wut???

ECtraveler

Veteran
The Obama admin played it the same way wrt immigration- first a big crackdown to show people what they're really asking for, then public outcry, then shifting to a much more reasonable position.
So all the raids were just to be a dick so he could later show us how cool he was? Not really my idea of a good leader. Seems more like a clever ruse to me.
Or, you know, Obama could have pulled a Romney, shut down retail marijuana in WA & CO before it ever got going. Federal supremacy is absolute, should they choose to exercise it, something the Obama Admin has *not* done in states that have legalized or have coherent MMJ statutes. CA is not one of those places.
Holy goal post shift! Romney was never president. You can't compare actual policy to campaign promises made to the base and if you do then you're going to be doing even bigger backflips defending all of the promises Obama welshed out on. And I say that as someone who voted for him the first time. Hope and change? Nope, business as usual just from the other side of the aisle.

Do I think Obama is better for legalization than Romney would of been? Yes? Do I think his actual in the field policy is any different than the last president before him? No, not at all.

Shee-it, Sherlock- he's holding the door open for even greater legalization as we've seen in OR, AK & DC. Y'all just need to get your shit together & step through. Or just whine about how it's all Obama's fault- everything!
Please explain how he's holding the door open? He's not doing shit except passing the buck by saying congress needs to re-schedule when it's fully within their authority to do enforce it from with the executive like he did with immigration.

Colorado is left alone because Colorado is a swing state in which legalization is one of the 2 biggest political topics not because Obama is awesome. Conversely CA gets fucked with because we are so far left that no policy from either side of the aisle is going to change an election. They can do whatever they want to us and the election day result will still be the same.

*except for the ACA the first term of Obama's presidency was a complete reversal of what he campaigned on and I don't care what Mc Cain would of done. I believe in holding the politicians I voted for accountable for their actions along with the ones I didn't. Way too many people today excuse the BS coming from their own side while simultaneously pointing a finger at the other.

Last edited:
I want the next president to stand up and say "I'm strong on States Rights and this is a States Rights issue and the federal government will not interfere." Then back it up. That's the candidate that I would vote for. That's my swing vote.

oldchuck

Veteran
It is always a bad idea to vote for someone based solely on one issue. It's better, even, to just vote for the guy with the prettiest face on TV.

ok then I'll put in one more issue to vote on. A law that you can't hold the bong while you tell a rambling story instead of passing. Now I'm a two issue voter.

Latest posts

Latest posts