What's new

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

supermanlives

Veteran
time to visit japan again lol. dispensaries are gonna be limited and not as many as starbucks and such . prices will rise abit but not as high as once was that's for sure

Siro

Ya I was gonna say, its relative to your position. For some people it already has bottomed out at least the indoors. Which is why i think if/when CA goes legal things could really hit the skids. once CA outdoor is legal that will crush everything in its path. indoor will be something hobbyists do just to grow their own.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
really all depends on if they even let regular folks grow and sell like micro brewers....looking at WA proposed law alot of folks are complaining its been hijacked by big money. colorado looks similar as well...gonna need million dollars to apply for the permits and build out the proper facilities, forgot growing in your garage or backyard.

also depends on whether enough states go medical and all that...

too man factors to watch and pay attention to..stack your money up and wash as much as possible into clean bank accounts and be prepared to apply for the growers licenses once CA goes legal...alot of folks are gonna be left in the dust.

anditwasfun

really all depends on if they even let regular folks grow and sell like micro brewers....looking at WA proposed law alot of folks are complaining its been hijacked by big money. colorado looks similar as well...gonna need million dollars to apply for the permits and build out the proper facilities, forgot growing in your garage or backyard.

also depends on whether enough states go medical and all that...

too man factors to watch and pay attention to..stack your money up and wash as much as possible into clean bank accounts and be prepared to apply for the growers licenses once CA goes legal...alot of folks are gonna be left in the dust.

If they have $1mil taxes to start megagrows, "the man" is def gonna have funding to ensure inventory stays local and legal...also, most growers want to start making profit after the first or second harvest, if mega grows have $1mil in taxes and another million to set up shop, they're not going to be giving packs away. it would change the game, but the black market is the black market, there's always some good excuse to keep prices up.

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
aint no corps gonna be doin mega grows as long as it remains federally illegal...and that shit aint gonna change over night!
shit, they won't even let us grow outdoors in many cali counties! fukin forcin us to use valuable electricity. yes folks, times, they are a changin, but it's gonna be a slow roll.
stay low and stay safe folks!

M

mr.shiva

once CA outdoor is legal that will crush everything in its path. indoor will be something hobbyists do just to grow their own.

Truth. Cali outdoor is already crushing everything in it's path in the wholesale market. Most bang for the buck.

Wendull C.

Veteran
We get the best of the best indie around but I think you guys are right, nothing can compete with a well grown outdoor plant in taste and effect.

N-P-Kali

Make sure you where you radiation badges if you decide to setup shop or visit Japan. Over one million have died of radiation related illnesses since Fukushima started spewing radioactive isotopes into the air and ocean. What good is the money if your dead???

flyer81

So is this why I keep seeing warehouse's full of equipment going for sale on Craigslist? I look on there from time to time and I have seen ads with like 10-20-30 light fixtures and ballasts for sale. Is it getting that bad that people cant make money any more?

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Kamikaze kush all day 6wk flower 2 lbs per 15 k all day I see a lot of ppl movin work to Japan in the future

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
risk vs reward. penalties in japan are severe!

yea friend was saying its 5 years for growing, 8 years for selling, and if you get lucky they deport you before you have to serve full sentence....still not that much different from some parts of the US. there are some really nice looking greenhouses in the japan countryside that would be perfect for growing a little crop...

sprinkl

Veteran
Japan lol why not move to europe? Good well grown genetics fetch 10-12€ per gram easily. Dunno about wholesale.
I dont think it will be legal in europe before the corps have their game down in the usa so it might take another 5 years. And i dont see prices going down for any other reason.

Also something i thought about, if electricity is so expensive in CA, are solar panels a good investment? In my country they pay themselves back in 10 years or so, and CA is much sunnier and the sun is intenser, and electricity more expensive..