What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Air fryer. Anyone done it yet?

shithawk420

Veteran
god damn. never even crossed my mind to vape with a fryer. how would that even work? sounds pretty wonky to me

superx

Veteran
god damn. never even crossed my mind to vape with a fryer. how would that even work? sounds pretty wonky to me
I think he's referring to decarboxylate (de carb) I could be wrong though..

I have used my Air fryer for everything, (apart from vaping from it, sounds ranchid) I love it and gives a great crispy coating.

I very rarely use the oven nowadays...

shithawk420

Veteran
I think he's referring to decarboxylate (de carb) I could be wrong though..

I have used my Air fryer for everything, (apart from vaping from it, sounds ranchid) I love it and gives a great crispy coating.

I very rarely use the oven nowadays...
Thats what i think he meant but i got confused. I bet it would be good for a quick wet tester bud to dry maybe. IDK

Ca++

I got my hands on a fryer at a friends. Did'a bidda bacon, and the main smell was the plastic oven. This didn't seem like a good idea. Plastic ovens.
Still interested, I found no hot hair blower. This was literally just a fan oven, with exposed element for some radiant heat. An item I already have in my kitchen, under the guise of a combi fan oven and grill (and microwave).

I decided for $20us I would have one anyway. However the offer has ended (for now) making them $40. A bit steep for a project box. I might get some of them bags you can cook in instead.

110091-990x990.jpg

Forget the turkey. You put a helping of bud in there. Perhaps with an oven thermometer. Get it up to temp. Roll it about a little. Shove a straw up it's ass, and suck.

By some act of lunacy, these bags are about the price of an air fryer. Each.

For those not catching the drift, this is a vape. A big one. There are lists to confirm temps, but iirc 180c vapes thc, and pretty must everything is vaped by 240c. All within the air fryers range. Or that of any cooker really, but I think an air fryer is plenty bigger than other hot air blowing apparatus.

I Care

If your intention is to inhale cooler air, a baking bag or an air fryer isn’t going to be good. You may have said you plan to let the contents cool.

I just keep imagining you’re throwing a party or something and everyone needs to be high. I feel like rigging an air fryer would make more sense of you wished to haze a whole room with vapor.

I know it’s a big expense but I want you to trust me on the Pax. I hated volcano and it was just good for parties, I loved my Pax for personal use. Honestly if I wasn’t poor, I would buy one now cause I kinda miss it. I stunk up the movie theater with that thing a couple times. Only made me choke on high after I burned everything up on the low/mid settings.

Ca++

The Pax looks interesting, but I would have to try something before buying. My friends have a collection of well reviewed junk between them. One friend is happy with a tiny thing he uses, but I'm yet to try it. I use a small clone of the bud-bomb mostly, but the party size vape, for personal use, seems like it could be useful.

I was mulling over the heat issue when asking if others had tried it. Thinking to myself about telescopic alloy aerials, but I have smoked some pretty short pipes, before a flame was hot. I could probably take the pipe through water, but I reckon it's not a huge problem. The cannabinoids condensing as they cooled, seemed a bigger issue. The volcano bags don't get sticky, but do get golden. I lean on that product as a benchmark

Brother Nature

This is a great stoner thread haha...

The new Volcano (Volcano 2.0 or hybrid or something) with the whip attachment makes it a completely different device. I very much dislike the bags myself but having the whip makes it so much smoother and enjoyable to puff on, sometimes I'll attach it to my large bong, run the fan for a bit which fills the bongs chamber well and get a giant hit all in one. I smoke a lot, but being able to vape half a gram in one go gets you nicely high, regardless of tolerance. I liked the pax and the firefly for portable vapes, but making something yourself is always cooler. Good luck man.

I Care

If the volcano is the benchmark in performance you’ll love the pax. I puffed out of all the vapes. I bought the pax because of a recommendation at the shop. A friend of mine was tumbling around a little nugget in a g pen and I decided to inquire at the local pipe shop. They (pax) were 250 at the time and I asked him if he could do 200 and we agreed on that. If I didn’t have a lot of glass at the time I would have used it more. I would still use that now if it had not gotten stolen I would likely prefer it now because most of the cannabis now has ovaries or those little brown premie unfertilized seeds in them that cause me sinus irritation when smoked, doesn’t bother me to have that stuff when it’s vaped.

Tincandtoke

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/Y0y6HTbAoxngIub80s" width="480" height="480" style="" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

I would look up the temp specs and see how hot it gets and for how long
Past 314f (157c) you start to vaporize thc
Lots of DIY vape building on the dedicated vapor sites

Last edited:

Ca++

I keep checking for them coming back on offer.
For a long time, I have thought about jarring up some green, and putting that in the oven. With a little hole in the lid to jam in a long metal straw. A hole that I would drop a coin over while heating. As a simple pressure release valve, to stop the jar exploding.
A second hole would be good, if you can't suck a vacuum anymore :)