What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

White widow GHS

Dudesome

Veteran
Hi Dudesome, I veged for 1 month, I should have go more
The 600 watter was 30 cm (12 inch)
the temps was around 22-25 deg c at day time 16-18 at dark.

hmmm such a perfect condition. now I am disappointed with the yield myself.

was it 1 month from seed crack or 1 month from planting a clone?

TrueNeed

hmmm such a perfect condition. now I am disappointed with the yield myself.

was it 1 month from seed crack or 1 month from planting a clone?
From a clone after 2 weeks under floro, i gave this single lady so much love:) may be just a bad pheno, or GHS sucks... now i grow 3 Aurora b by flying dutch men and one white rhyno from GHS the aurora b seems far better.

Dudesome

Veteran
im pretty much enjoying GH's Cheese and Church... some of my friends-patients report they fell in love with White rhino!

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Nice one TrueNeed!
I am starting the day with a WW joint and it´s gonna be another great day.
ATB

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
dude id keep workin that widow if u like it.. u could 2x ur yield with a bit of train u prob gotta lotta pocorn underneth that could be golf balls or gone..... that girl looks like she could have potental... dont knock gh for it yet the smoke is killa... work on yield.. and im not a gh fan.. just see ur plant and know it has potential... a good widow is rare and if ya found one keep it.... peace bro

paulo73

Veteran
Sorry stoney917 i´ve grown , and yet growing, quite a few different WW and sadly i must say the ghs was the weakest and gave me the smaller yield. Not a bad smoke but nothing comparable to my Flying Dutchmen, Nirvana or own cross.My point being a good widow is not that hard to find when you know what you are looking for.
This said TrueNeed might have found something special and if that´s the case keep it and work it.
ATB

TrueNeed

Sorry stoney917 i´ve grown , and yet growing, quite a few different WW and sadly i must say the ghs was the weakest and gave me the smaller yield. Not a bad smoke but nothing comparable to my Flying Dutchmen, Nirvana or own cross.My point being a good widow is not that hard to find when you know what you are looking for.
This said TrueNeed might have found something special and if that´s the case keep it and work it.
ATB
One of the main problems with this strain is the flower/leaf ratio the leaves cover the flowers so thats why you have to work harder and to train the plant and sadly to cut alot of leaves regularly. As i said the smoke is grade A but the yield is disappointing.

paulo73

Veteran
Maybe

Maybe

One of the main problems with this strain is the flower/leaf ratio the leaves cover the flowers so thats why you have to work harder and to train the plant and sadly to cut alot of leaves regularly. As i said the smoke is grade A but the yield is disappointing.

I didn´t do well on my ghs WW so i can´t really compare smoke grade but i must tell you that WW is one all time favorite that i´ve been doing since day 1 of growing my own.
With this i mean i am looking forward to the day where i find a stronger WhiteWidow than the ones i am growing at the moment:ying:
I hope that you don´t mind me sharing a couple of pics from mine
Nirvana WW grown under CFLs
picture.php

Nirvana WW grown under 600HPS
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dinafem WW grown under CFLs
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=13431&pictureid=305120

picture.php

Sadly i can´t find pics of the ghs one :moon: probably related with the fact that i was in no way happy or proud of my work with her.
Any way WW rocks and i am just praising her because i am high on her at the moment:dance013:
ATB to you guys and may we all find our Weedy Grail:)

TrueNeed

Looks great Paulo, you can see how the pheno of GHS is so different grows like a bush, you can see it also at you tube when GHS growing WW. the Dinafem one looks epic, thanks for sharing:)

Tagh

MNS MNS MNS!
Sorry had to do it :p Nice pics but,
MNS MNS MNS!

Shanti ftw,
One might as well by the original seeds off the original breeder?

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
:thank you:Yes most def i have to buy this black widow, i hear good things about it

Black Widow is the real widow.

You did 5 oz from 1 plant. You should not be disappointed. Thats over a QP and all u did was 1. That is decent yield and if the WW is good enough that is good money......at least out here in the west! Good to see your plant turned out good for ya~

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
GHS WW, GWS, and WR all yielded extremely poor and were the worst 3 packs of seeds I have grown from any breeder aside from the flying dutchmen of which it ties with. Extremely bland, low yield, and low quality compared to every other strain I have grown (check my grow review list).

I'd never grow these again. Just thought I'd state that as I saw a lot of woo's and wow's...I'd stick with MNS.

True need, your widow looks almost exactly like one I had and it tasted like burnt cardboard and gave me 1 ounce out of a 3 gallon under a 1k hps lol. I get 2-2.5 ounces every single plant from Rez in same growing conditions just for a comparison (I will leave insane quality out of the equation)...Almost everything I have grown until I grew GHS beans yielded 1.5-2.5 oz's. Under 1.75 ounces has been considered a low yielding plant on my part....Beans were cheaper but a complete waste of time and I lost a lot of money in the long come harvest time.

Mosca, Karma, Rez, and SoL have all been far better in every aspect.

I think when shanti left they did not know how to breed and simply made S1's of female they had to sell that are terrible.

:2cents:

Last edited:

TrueNeed

GHS WW, GWS, and WR all yielded extremely poor and were the worst 3 packs of seeds I have grown from any breeder aside from the flying dutchmen of which it ties with. Extremely bland, low yield, and low quality compared to every other strain I have grown (check my grow review list).

I'd never grow these again. Just thought I'd state that as I saw a lot of woo's and wow's...I'd stick with MNS.

True need, your widow looks almost exactly like one I had and it tasted like burnt cardboard and gave me 1 ounce out of a 3 gallon under a 1k hps lol. I get 2-2.5 ounces every single plant from Rez in same growing conditions just for a comparison (I will leave insane quality out of the equation)...Almost everything I have grown until I grew GHS beans yielded 1.5-2.5 oz's. Under 1.75 ounces has been considered a low yielding plant on my part....Beans were cheaper but a complete waste of time and I lost a lot of money in the long come harvest time.

Mosca, Karma, Rez, and SoL have all been far better in every aspect.

I think when shanti left they did not know how to breed and simply made S1's of female they had to sell that are terrible.

:2cents:
You're right, So far for me it was the strain that yeilded the least, currently i grow also White rhino and it is even worse, I do not mean to denigrate GHS, but now I have had two bad experiences... you can chack my current grow and see the differences btw The flying dutchmen Aurora B... so GHS not for me no more:)

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You're right, So far for me it was the strain that yeilded the least, currently i grow also White rhino and it is even worse, I do not mean to denigrate GHS, but now I have had two bad experiences... you can chack my current grow and see the differences btw The flying dutchmen Aurora B... so GHS not for me no more:)

Same man, I wasn't trying to be rude or mean I just know how bad it can be when your 20 days into flowering 15 plants that look wretched in all aspects.

You did a good job on your grow for the beans that you popped I will say that.

If you start buying TFD's gear the Dutchmen's Royal Orange, Nepal Kush, and Skunk x Blueberry are just as bad! Can't speak for anything else from them.

Wish you luck in the future man! :tiphat: