What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Which Strains have you bought AGAIN?

moose eater

I've bought nothing that was a second purchase for me, though I've received freebies from ordering and gifts from a former friend that were repeats which certainly didn't get thrown away.

When we ordered a shared order of seeds in 2001 or 2002, we ordered 2 packs of Super Lemon Haze that were supposed to be the original Arjan's Super Lemon Haze from Greenhouse Seeds, with one coming from The Attitude in a breeder pack, and I think the other came from (I believe) Nirvana Seed Boutique, but not in a breeder pack.

I suspect I still have a couple or three of those around here in my seed boxes in the basement.

I did get some seeds of White Widow from a friend in South Central Alaska, and we had previously purchased, grown, and later discontinued that strain from one seed distributor or another. I still haven't planted the gifted WW from the friend in South Central Ak, and they're approaching museum-era seeds now, but potentially still viable if done correctly.

I've considered re-purchasing Ghost Train Haze #1 and Strawberry Sour Diesel, which (the SSD) produced some impressive quality weed, but she was a slacker where really good production of weight was concerned. And production was as much of a priority back then as quality.

If I could get another pack of the original Arjan's Super Lemon Haze in a breeder pack, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

And maybe the Burmese that I got from Urban Organix Seeds in Vancouver, BC in the later 1990's, from up above Blunt Bros. Cafe'.

But I haven't harvested anything in 2 years due to energy, focus and maladies, and I -do- need to get on that. Seriously.

Last edited:

b8man

Veteran
Great thread!

Only Panama x Malawi from Ace (three times), Bangi Haze (Ace) And satori from Mandala. All great strains but the Panama x Malawi always blows everything else out of the water with the best high for me - very functional but euphoric. I’d give C99 another go and super silver haze was nice, but Ace sativas had better highs.

Ca++

did the cookies kush barneys right that was some nice nuggies and green poison had afriend get a feebie with a order it made some of the tastiest hash ever linger anther friend tried the fast version but other was terpier. did run a 6 pack of lemon skunk but had an issue that run so nothing was perfect but could tell it had way more to offer. do you have a thread going will check in to see how that lemon skunk goes
No thread, but it's a serious contender. The lost one beat the (then) reigning champion, by quite a margin. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, if some serious cash cropping is on your mind, with a nice product a must.
Should note, that the Americans have a Lemon Skunk, that isn't related. IIRC the Dutch is #1 cross Lemon Thai. It keeps the #1 structure, while taking on a lemon taste, that's very present in the smell. It's oldskool.

I made it back..
seeds.jpg

That Muffin is entirely the fault of @Crooked8 lol
I went Grey Area, who represent America in Amsterdam. Scored a bit, but it was terp central. The whole city smelt of terp sprayed stuff, that had a great bouquet, that didn't follow through with a good taste. A bit like a good perfume makes her smell great, but don't lick it.

The fast buds auto's were a freebie.
Do you want them? @Gypsy Nirvana

cotienxanh

Okay, which strains did you buy AGAIN?

Here is mine, thought it was more:

Power Plant - Dutch Passion
Blueberry - Dutch Passion
The Pure - Flying Dutchmen
Mauie Wowie - Nirvana

Some Mixes that are sold out since years
Hi Sunny Liston... my english is not good but can you tell me more about Mauie Wowie and Power Plant.... How was the yield or high? do it sativa much? its stable all good pheno or only one great?

kro-magnon

Veteran
There is not a lot of strains I've ordered several times but I remember the first time i've grown Cannadential from DNA in 2007/08, I was so impressed bought 2 more packs when i sampled the first buds. At t this period I did the same with Recon from DNA as well, there was some insanely good plants in those seeds and after so many time growing only Dutch genetics made with Skunk/NL/Haze it was a new world of flavors and highs.
I've also bought again some JillyBean pack around 2009/10 because there was some awesome females but also some awful stinkers so some selection and a good number of seeds was needed to get what I liked.
I've bought again some Headbanger, in 2015 I had 30 seeds as a replacement for old JackONesia seeds and I fell in love with this cross. After having grown the 30 seeds I bought another pack.
And finally a cross I've bought again is Lemon OG Candy from Philosopher seeds, it's not the most trustworthy seedbank but those in particular are very good, vigorous, easy to grow and produce some very tasty buds with a great happy high. It was people who buy my buds who, asked for more of those Lemon OG Candy, it was a great commercial success.
Now the seeds I would buy again are the Sowahh from Karma, I am doing the 3rd run with this genetic and i love the results, wonderful high and excellent yielder.
Before all that I've bought several packs of Skunk#1, Super Skunk, Aurora Borealis but it was by necessity, I was growing outdoor exclusively and couldn't keep mothers going so every year I had to buy new seeds, the Super Skunk by 15 or 10 seeds might be the packs I've bought the most.

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
East Coast Sour Diesel
Silver Pearl
BC God Bud
Grand Daddy Purple
AK-47

Still looking to find that Purple Diesel again...
I've seen the pics of you Purple Diesel and was surprised to see how wide the fan leaves were, where did she come from?
I have right now a small Purple Diesel Daze from seed, it's supposed to be a cross of NYCD x Grand Daddy Purple, she has very wide leaves, super stocky structure, she didn't like being topped. I was hoping for a more NYCD expression, maybe it will be in the buds .

Last edited:

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕ 🦫
No thread, but it's a serious contender. The lost one beat the (then) reigning champion, by quite a margin. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, if some serious cash cropping is on your mind, with a nice product a must.
Should note, that the Americans have a Lemon Skunk, that isn't related. IIRC the Dutch is #1 cross Lemon Thai. It keeps the #1 structure, while taking on a lemon taste, that's very present in the smell. It's oldskool.

I made it back..
View attachment 19065674

That Muffin is entirely the fault of @Crooked8 lol
I went Grey Area, who represent America in Amsterdam. Scored a bit, but it was terp central. The whole city smelt of terp sprayed stuff, that had a great bouquet, that didn't follow through with a good taste. A bit like a good perfume makes her smell great, but don't lick it.

The fast buds auto's were a freebie.
Do you want them? @Gypsy Nirvana
I think you're better to PM Gypsy as he gets quite a lot of notifications and might miss some. I bet he would appreciate your offer very much.

Great seed stash you have there.

Cheers

BerryManilow

I've seen the pics of you Purple Diesel and was surprised to see how wide the fan leaves were, where did she come from?
I have right now a small Purple Diesel Daze from seed, it's supposed to be a cross of NYCP x Grand Daddy Purple, she has very wide leaves, super stocky structure, she didn't like being topped. I was hoping for a more NYCD expression, maybe it will be in the buds .
That Purple Diesel was such a beautiful plant and very different leaf structure than most of the other diesels I've seen anywhere. It was a clone that came from a friend of a friend. I only met him a few times and from what I can remember he brought it back from Cali. I will see about getting more info or hopefully another clone, but I've asked a few times with no luck.

Right on, that Purple Diesel Daze sounds like a great cross. NYCD is actually not from the Diesel family, it was a cross by Soma and has the grapefruit pheno which is much different than sour diesel or NYPD.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Best pack of seeds I ever popped were Motorbreath by Pisces Genetics… By a long shot! Every pheno was stank and could have been a keeper.

If I had a time machine I’d buy every pack I could find.

I may have 4 or 5 beans left from the original pack 🤔

-DD
Same here , best seed pop ever ( from Indica heavy strains ) was an amazing hybrid, every pheno , really amazing and best chem seed version EVER.
my seeds were from before he even sold it as Motorbreath and was just called Chem OG or Chem d x OG.
I still got a pack in the fridge from then , must of been more than 15 years back or around then , as Jimmy's first ever release ?

Desert Dan

Veteran
Same here , best seed pop ever ( from Indica heavy strains ) was an amazing hybrid, every pheno , really amazing and best chem seed version EVER.
my seeds were from before he even sold it as Motorbreath and was just called Chem OG or Chem d x OG.
I still got a pack in the fridge from then , must of been more than 15 years back or around then , as Jimmy's first ever release ?
I still have 2 packs of your original ogchem release and the motorbreath 15 cut… Reboot? 🤔

-DD

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No there was no reboot with that cut from me , my next batch was an just an F2 from my original OG chem release.

Or do you mean Jimmy's next release ? , as the motorbreath 15 did do the rounds in the clone world , I've never run it myself or even smoked it.

I still got the Original OG Chem packs in my fridge also , crazy man that's along time back, you must have some other gems in there if you got seeds from that far back 👌

Desert Dan

Veteran
No there was no reboot with that cut from me , my next batch was an just an F2 from my original OG chem release.

Or do you mean Jimmy's next release ? , as the motorbreath 15 did do the rounds in the clone world , I've never run it myself or even smoked it.

I still got the Original OG Chem packs in my fridge also , crazy man that's along time back, you must have some other gems in there if you got seeds from that far back 👌
Gems yes… Time and space no. Been thinking about motorbreath15 x og chem.

Maybe one day ✌️

-DD

kro-magnon

Veteran
That Purple Diesel was such a beautiful plant and very different leaf structure than most of the other diesels I've seen anywhere. It was a clone that came from a friend of a friend. I only met him a few times and from what I can remember he brought it back from Cali. I will see about getting more info or hopefully another clone, but I've asked a few times with no luck.

Right on, that Purple Diesel Daze sounds like a great cross. NYCD is actually not from the Diesel family, it was a cross by Soma and has the grapefruit pheno which is much different than sour diesel or NYPD.
I know NYCD is different than the Sour D but it has some phenos with diesel smells as well mixed with the citrus smells.This seed was a freebee, I like to play with random seeds if their lineage is interesting, I was expecting more NYCD influence in my plant but so far she seems to be a lot more GDP leaning.
@Crooked8 Wow you have found a 9 weeker in the SDbx2 and let it go?? It seems very rare to find such fast bloomer in Karma's SD line. In my Sowahh I've had a female done in 68 days, a 10 weeker, it's so far the fastest one I've found but I didn't keep it, thinking I would find more like her in the other seeds. I should have cloned her because I've not found anything going under 11/12 weeks in the rest of my pack.
@moose eater You might have made a typo in the year you've written because in 2001/02 there was not yet any Super Lemon Haze available, I think it was out in 2009

moose eater

I know NYCD is different than the Sour D but it has some phenos with diesel smells as well mixed with the citrus smells.This seed was a freebee, I like to play with random seeds if their lineage is interesting, I was expecting more NYCD influence in my plant but so far she seems to be a lot more GDP leaning.
@Crooked8 Wow you have found a 9 weeker in the SDbx2 and let it go?? It seems very rare to find such fast bloomer in Karma's SD line. In my Sowahh I've had a female done in 68 days, a 10 weeker, it's so far the fastest one I've found but I didn't keep it, thinking I would find more like her in the other seeds. I should have cloned her because I've not found anything going under 11/12 weeks in the rest of my pack.
@moose eater You might have made a typo in the year you've written because in 2001/02 there was not yet any Super Lemon Haze available, I think it was out in 2009
Quite possible, but I'd thought that batch came in post-9/11, and I know I remember the breeder pack from Greenhouse Seeds coming from The Attitude.

Otherwise, as I get older, the years sometimes get scrambled, some specific incidents or events more than others.