What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

only one pot in the tray, Autopot system

norwegian

Hi!
So if i have a f.ex AUTOPOT Easy2grow System 2POTS
,And i want to use only one pot in the tray that usually takes 2 pots, will that be fine?
The one pot left in the tray will not get double as much water,i guess? Thanks!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hi!
So if i have a f.ex AUTOPOT Easy2grow System 2POTS
,And i want to use only one pot in the tray that usually takes 2 pots, will that be fine?
The one pot left in the tray will not get double as much water,i guess? Thanks!
Yes, you can do it if you don't over water. Watch it very closely until you get dialed in. I would only use 1/2 the amount of the feed water in the storage tank when growing only one plant. I think having more growing space will give you a better plant in the end. You can add or subtract units using this system. Good luck friend and keep posted.

norwegian

Yes, you can do it if you don't over water. Watch it very closely until you get dialed in. I would only use 1/2 the amount of the feed water in the storage tank when growing only one plant. I think having more growing space will give you a better plant in the end. You can add or subtract units using this system. Good luck friend and keep posted.

Ooops ! i forgot to mention that i have 3 trays; in two of them there are 2 plants pr. tray, as it should , but the third tray have only one plant! Well... dialing it in..

Ca++

A bag of gravel in the empty pot ?
That would stop the water taking that space. The bag won't drink much, but it's addressing the situation somewhat.