• 30/31

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • 32/33 or older

Votes: 17 48.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
H

h^2 O

to get yourself a BMX...am thinking of geting one, just to go back and forth from work (dont want a mountain bike )...i dont think am to old for 1 but some people at my work say otherwise..so what ya think...

keep it green
highlander

13 is the cut-off. After that you use bigboy mountain bikes

or risk being THAT GUY who rides a bicycle that's WAY too small

giantman.jpg

getMediumSizePhotodo.jpg

~fvk~

the Lion is going Guerrilla...
You can never get too old to do what you love, I'm sure I'll be skating til my joints tell me to bone off and my ankles fall off of my legs... Maybe build a mini ramp or a dirt track, given you have the yard for it.

M

mexilandrace

only shitty part of getting old is it takes longer to stop hurting, what was a couple days is a couple weeks now.

Those ass kicking darings are just as awesome now, the bust my ass, those take forever to forget now.

my joints say no, my love of life says "fuck off"

Kizzattack

Personally I recommend a hardtail MTB. Look at the 24Seven Slacker or the DMR Rhythm. They're very similar to BMX's in size and ability. They're just far more comfortable and usually come with disc brakes and such.

I've had some nasty accidents on my BMX. It's a wonder I never died, or even got seriously hurt.

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
do what yoiu want highlander, just know that people looove to steal BMX bikes.

i hear you bro ..but hopefully that shouldnt be a problem....can take it into my work . and will just bring it in da house

keep it green
highlander

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
Personally I recommend a hardtail MTB. Look at the 24Seven Slacker or the DMR Rhythm. They're very similar to BMX's in size and ability. They're just far more comfortable and usually come with disc brakes and such.

I've had some nasty accidents on my BMX. It's a wonder I never died, or even got seriously hurt.

ive got 1 bro but its in bits,,i got bits all over the place..rebuilding it would proberly take jast as long (finding all the parts) that what it would to get some cash for a BMX....plus the fun factor of the BMX,,,,try and relive some of my youth lol......watch this in a few weeks ill post dont buy a BMX hehehe..

keep it green
highlander

Last edited:

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
you dont stop playing cuz you get old
you get old cuz you stopped playing

A-MEN!

Personally - your too old - ONLY if you think you are.

You oughta go for it - even if your 60.

I gotta admit- I watch some of the stunts kids do on bike and boards - and motorcycles - and I'm pretty sure - I'm too old to even think about trying anything backeards and upside down;- unless,,,,,, naaaaaa.

But I would ride any of them - some more slowly at first lol

:cool:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Unless you're a pro bmx rider I'd say the cutoff age's about 13, you said you'd like
to use it to get back and forth to work so why not buy a sweet 7 speed Schwinn
Cruiser, a $700 bike you'll be the envy of your co-workers & PeeWee too.......

2009 Classic Seven Deluxe
MSRP: $699.99

* FEATURES 1955 Design Schwinn Cantilever Frame
* Schwinn Knee-Action Springer Fork
* Shimano Nexus 7-Speed Internally-Geared Hub
* Loaded w/ Horn, Tank, Rear Carrier & Headlight
* Available in Men's & Women's Frames, Two Color Options

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran

Unless you're a pro bmx rider I'd say the cutoff age's about 13, you said you'd like
to use it to get back and forth to work so why not buy a sweet 7 speed Schwinn
Cruiser, a $700 bike you'll be the envy of your co-workers & PeeWee too.......

2009 Classic Seven Deluxe
MSRP: $699.99

* FEATURES 1955 Design Schwinn Cantilever Frame
* Schwinn Knee-Action Springer Fork
* Shimano Nexus 7-Speed Internally-Geared Hub
* Loaded w/ Horn, Tank, Rear Carrier & Headlight
* Available in Men's & Women's Frames, Two Color Options

think my co workers would be waiting in hideing to run me off the road if i rolled in on 1 of thay bad boys lol............

keepit green
highlander

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I just think that BMXing is a kid's dream to bicycling as it's the next level up, an adult on a BMX bike looks to me like he borrowed or stole it, sorry guys it just doesn't look right to me, the monkey fucking a football remark earlier gave me a good laugh. Again if you're a pro & make some jing at it cool, it is a sport and good exercise but riding one to work by choice?

The Jackal below does 45mph & is designed for off road use/abuse.......

Now taking orders for a new run of Jackals , First ones will be shipping February 1, 2008.With about a 30 day lead time after that. We have added a kick stand as well as a new brushless Motor with a 300 amp controller . Most all else the same super fun ride.

There are so many good ideas floating around out there. Sometimes someone puts a bunch of those ideas together.

The goal was to create the highest performance, all-terrain rugged electric cycle. The concept was to use "off-the-shelf" proven reliable technologies that could take the abuse and deliver the power.

The result is what you see here, the Jackal. A purpose-built original vehicle, low volume hand-crafted in the USA. The Jackal can develop up to 15 electrical horsepower; achieve speeds of up to 45mph with wicked acceleration, confident braking, long-travel suspension and nimble handling response. Adjustable seat, variable handlebar reach, and comfortable footing make the Jackal a dream to ride seated or standing. Tolerant to the shock and abuse of intense off-road riding, this electric bike is not fragile. Don't wait to see it at your local bike dealer, Jackals are built only to order to suit your specific needs. Typically 5-6 weeks for delivery upon confirmation of order.

The Jackal has been jointly developed and is manufactured in Northern California with Rotator Recumbent Bicycles, renown for performance bicycles. Thunderstruck's expertise in drag racing has led to the optimization of the Jackal power and drive system. The Jackal holds a NEDRA record for 48V Concept Vehicle.

Click the links above to learn about the hand-crafted chromoly frame, the available models, components to build your own custom ride and to find out more specific details about Jackal ownership.

Jackal Specifications:

* Top speed: 40+ mph
* Range: up to 20-25 miles
* Charge time: 3-4 hours
* Power: 15 hp peak
* Weight: 130lbs
* Batteries: 48V, 22 Ahr
* Wheel Base: 51 in
* Brakes: 6.5 in disc
* Charger: 48V, 3A stock (4-6 hrs charging) Upgrade : 48V, 3A CC Soneil (3-4 hr charger) +$100
* Wheels: double-walled alloy rims with 4-cross stainless steel spokes
* Tires: 20 x 2.25" available in slick or knobby
* Suspension: 4" front and rear
* Frame: hand-crafted brazed chromoly tubing in Red, Dark Green or Black
* Forks: 7" of travel
* Price: $3500

Available from:

* ThunderStruck Motors, 3200 Dutton Avenue #220, Santa Rosa, CA 95407, 707-575-0353, http://www.thunderstruck-ev.com/jackal_home.htm
(best option for tech questions and direct service)

* Electric Cyclery, 910 North Coast Hwy., Laguna Beach, California, 92651, 949-715-2345, http://www.greenspeed.us/jackal_electric_bicycle.htm

Last edited:

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
So now I'm a DORK..... cause I ride my HOG around town? Cause I'm too old to feel the wind arainst my face? How dare you! HAHAHAHAHAHA JK I only ride it to work and back! LOL

picture.php

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran

I just think that BMXing is a kid's dream to bicycling as it's the next level up, an adult on a BMX bike looks to me like he borrowed or stole it, sorry guys it just doesn't look right to me, the monkey fucking a football remark earlier gave me a good laugh. Again if you're a pro & make some jing at it cool, it is a sport and good exercise but riding one to work by choice?

The Jackal below does 45mph & is designed for off road use/abuse.......

Now taking orders for a new run of Jackals , First ones will be shipping February 1, 2008.With about a 30 day lead time after that. We have added a kick stand as well as a new brushless Motor with a 300 amp controller . Most all else the same super fun ride.

There are so many good ideas floating around out there. Sometimes someone puts a bunch of those ideas together.

The goal was to create the highest performance, all-terrain rugged electric cycle. The concept was to use "off-the-shelf" proven reliable technologies that could take the abuse and deliver the power.

The result is what you see here, the Jackal. A purpose-built original vehicle, low volume hand-crafted in the USA. The Jackal can develop up to 15 electrical horsepower; achieve speeds of up to 45mph with wicked acceleration, confident braking, long-travel suspension and nimble handling response. Adjustable seat, variable handlebar reach, and comfortable footing make the Jackal a dream to ride seated or standing. Tolerant to the shock and abuse of intense off-road riding, this electric bike is not fragile. Don't wait to see it at your local bike dealer, Jackals are built only to order to suit your specific needs. Typically 5-6 weeks for delivery upon confirmation of order.

The Jackal has been jointly developed and is manufactured in Northern California with Rotator Recumbent Bicycles, renown for performance bicycles. Thunderstruck's expertise in drag racing has led to the optimization of the Jackal power and drive system. The Jackal holds a NEDRA record for 48V Concept Vehicle.

Click the links above to learn about the hand-crafted chromoly frame, the available models, components to build your own custom ride and to find out more specific details about Jackal ownership.

Jackal Specifications:

* Top speed: 40+ mph
* Range: up to 20-25 miles
* Charge time: 3-4 hours
* Power: 15 hp peak
* Weight: 130lbs
* Batteries: 48V, 22 Ahr
* Wheel Base: 51 in
* Brakes: 6.5 in disc
* Charger: 48V, 3A stock (4-6 hrs charging) Upgrade : 48V, 3A CC Soneil (3-4 hr charger) +$100
* Wheels: double-walled alloy rims with 4-cross stainless steel spokes
* Tires: 20 x 2.25" available in slick or knobby
* Suspension: 4" front and rear
* Frame: hand-crafted brazed chromoly tubing in Red, Dark Green or Black
* Forks: 7" of travel
* Price: $3500

Available from:

* ThunderStruck Motors, 3200 Dutton Avenue #220, Santa Rosa, CA 95407, 707-575-0353, http://www.thunderstruck-ev.com/jackal_home.htm
(best option for tech questions and direct service)

* Electric Cyclery, 910 North Coast Hwy., Laguna Beach, California, 92651, 949-715-2345, http://www.greenspeed.us/jackal_electric_bicycle.htm

that looks amazing,,i would hate to see whats it costs?..about the same price as a vespa :headbange..

keep it green
highlander

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
So now I'm a DORK..... cause I ride my HOG around town? Cause I'm too old to feel the wind arainst my face? How dare you! HAHAHAHAHAHA JK I only ride it to work and back! LOL

picture.php

hell yeh :yes:...i hope your not about 6.8ft or something like that:laughing:;)

keep it green
highlander

alaskan

I'm just about 22, been riding since my sister taught me how when I was tiny.

I forget what kind of bike it was, but it was purple with a banana seat and dry-rotted solid tires. Once the tires split I had to ride a wagon down the hill for a few weeks, which was pretty awesome. I've always been proud of myself for figuring out that you could sit in it and steer with the handle.

I love my bicycle, and hopefully will for the next few decades. As NOKUY pointed out, Dennis McCoy is in his forties and still doing crazy stuff, he beet a lot of younger guys in the x-games this year.

I'll take any chance I can get to show off my baby.

bike1-2.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts