What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

what's up with BBQ joints?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
You Volunteers can do it right when you put your mind to it.
i want to go to Memphis & check the 'cue scene there out. Rodney Scott in Charleston SC knows what he's doing! so far, i've been the "kiss of death" for three BBQ joints around here. seems like that if i really love their food, they go belly up in a matter of weeks... dammit! :cry: if Smoky Moes goes under, at least they exposed me to the wonderful world of burnt ends. thanks, guys! :thank you:

shithawk420

Veteran
i should be able to show you some burnt ends tommorow. i plan on going to Famous Daves. gonna get brisket,burnt ends and some baby backs

Ca++

We have a joint coming on the outer edge of suburbia. I'm not sure when it opens, as I have thought more about when it will close.
Restaurant game needs it's shops, on the customers rotation. Everybody wants to try the new place, and tell a friend. It offers a good 6 months to a year, of people hearing about, and getting there. Then some will return, if you make it into their top 5, or their friends want to go. There is always another opening though, that everyone wants to try. The new places, are what you want to own. After two years, you are shut, or in for the long haul. Most shut.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Frequently Asked Questions About Why Do Restaurants Fail The National Restaurant Association estimates a 20% success rate for all restaurants. About 60% of restaurants fail in their first year of operation, and 80% fail within 5 years of opening.

It's a hard world

shithawk420

Veteran
I got the itis but I promised burnt ends.brisket on the left burnt ends on the right
20240906_160629.jpg

shithawk420

Veteran
eaten two large orders of them since i found this place. probably going there for lunch today since i've laid out of work today...:whistling::yummy:
Nice! so i take it you like them then? is it what you expected? cant believe a southern boy like you took so long to find burnt ends. if i had a smoker id make them all the time. my family is from GA. what do you guys specialize over there? ribs? pretty sure GA specialize in pulled pork. im also from Chicago so im a mongrel