What's new

What variety have you lost that you would like to have?

bigherb

Veteran
Afghani. But what Afghan they used a mystery.

It’s was some heavyweight punch really awesome to smoke
La Confidential was / is one of my all time favorite smokes in Amsterdam

If i recall correct the La Affie was supposedly a Afghani #1 from La moon tribe or something like that an DNA shouted out a friend female i believe named Flo

I'm holding few seeds of tora bora and 6 or so seeds of Recon 3 years 3 different attempt all maIes

1luvbigherb

Zeta Reticuli

2 or 3 strains that i smoked in 90ies and never found a name of this strains,

one was from Corsica island growed on sun small buds that was produce intense joy and lot of laughs,

second was some brown perfectly cured long buds 15-20 cm that was so resiny and sticky that whithouth
scissors you could not made joint,also 4-5 hours trip weed from one little pin joint,it was amazing weed.

third one is hashish that i buyed in a year 2000 from some Morocco boy,crazy effects,just laughs and
feeling great,didnt expect this from hashish.

NLbred

I grew some NLa5 in 1990's(early) from the Seedbank stock and it was the best in terms of taste, high ad yield.. every plant(3) was a keeper. I can still remember the taste to this day and have been searching all the haze lines for similar, and I have gone thru quite a few strains with no luck but some close seconds.
NL

SunnyListon

Chimeras first offerings: Frostbite, Aurora, C4, The great Party Mix

Breeder Steves Adventure Mix, which was the best value ever and silly cheap

Some Stuff out of the Sagarmatha Mix, Gardeners Choice

Thank god, have forgotten about the others:

Swazi x Skunk
Swazi x Skunk
Swazi x Skunk

and last but not least
Swazi x Skunk

Cheech87

I would love to try the El diablo from Reefermans Seeds but unfortunately too late.😱
Smoked this strain several times in the coffeshop easygoing in maastricht loved it.

OntologicalTurn

Red-haired light green Mexican with a beautiful pine tree smell and taste real red hair not "red hair" where it's orange hairs 😂

Another is A dark green and purple mexico pine weed a way different but just as beautiful taste as the red hair the burned smell was pure pine on both each one different and definitely pine types both had seeds especially the purple one was fully seeded and still very strong this was 20 years ago time flies wow man
Todavía hay bastante de una moradota oaxaqueña, en el área de san José del pacífico, puede ser la que dices

Eltitoguay

Mother Finest, de Sensi Seeds, en la época en que empecé a cultivar; decían que era muy buena.

Green Haze 19 A5, de A.C.E. @dubi tuvo el enorme detalle de, sin conocerme prácticamente, regalarme 3 semillas feminizadas de esa edición limitada. Malogré 2 en la germinación, por tener que viajar fuera por un trabajo que conseguí repentinamente, justo cuando habia metodo las 2 semillas en agua... Pude germinar finalmente (tarde, mediado Junio, creo recordar) la última, y me salió un cañonazo de sativa, que estás entre lo mejor que he podido fumar en mi vida, y eso que su tipo de psicoactividad no es la que yo busco, de inicio... Cuando intenté comprar algun paquete, ya se habia agotado... Y este año, que @Hombre del mont me ha regalado una de las pocas que él tiene, creo que he vuelto a malograrla al germinar...

Durban Punch, de Tropical Seeds Company. Varios foreros estadounidenses me la habían recomendado, pero como tenia bastantes variedades de esta compañia para plantar, y solo planto 4 plantas al año, nunca la compré.

 PanoHaze, de @JohnnyChicago . Me la ofreció generosísimamente y sin conocerme de nada, en este foro, hace algunos años, antes de que me expulsaran del foro como @Montuno , pero como no sabia si iba a tener que emigrar por trabajo al año siguiente, no se la acepté (me daba verguenza aceptarle el regalo, con envío postal intercontinental de por medio, además, para al final no poder cultivarlas...)

 BubbleHaze, del forero de CannabisCafé, jeep. Un cruce de la Tom Hill Haze #ventitántos , (una selección de, creo, el forero @Raco ), y una BubbleGumn de Serious Seeds; solo conseguí machos de las semillas que  jeep me regaló, pero de aspecto y olor sensacional. Creo que el forero @Dee.S73 tuvo la misma mala/buena suerte que yo, con unas semillas que compartí con él (pués creo que decidió usar los machos resultantes como parentales de alguna de sus variedades).

Salúd, y la mejor suerte.

Last edited:

Eltitoguay

Oh! One of the things that I like about Spain or not living in Puerto Rico/USA is that people dont live on single family housing so the lack of space brings people together OUTSIDE of the house, like in public spaces or bars/restaurants. That means having A LOT of privacy in your hourse.
Well, but I think that is not a general difference between living in Puerto Rico/U.S. and Spain, but rather it is a difference between living in a city or in country towns. I share my family home with my parents and a niece. In villages, family houses are more common.
Of course, that does not mean that people also like to live on the street, and as soon as the weather permits, everyone is out of the house: the older people take chairs out to the street to chat, gossip, or play dominoes or cards; and the young people, if they need privacy or to party, have a lot of fields, a lot of threshing floor, and a lot of fresh oak shade...
And of course, if there are one or more bars in the town, they are always busy: that is national idiosyncrasy.

Anyway, whether it's in Spain or Puerto Rico, if you know how to get on and make a living (even if it's collecting debris, heh), it's not so bad...

Cannabrainer

Well, but I think that is not a general difference between living in Puerto Rico/U.S. and Spain, but rather it is a difference between living in a city or in country towns. I share my family home with my parents and a niece. In villages, family houses are more common.
Of course, that does not mean that people also like to live on the street, and as soon as the weather permits, everyone is out of the house: the older people take chairs out to the street to chat, gossip, or play dominoes or cards; and the young people, if they need privacy or to party, have a lot of fields, a lot of threshing floor, and a lot of fresh oak shade...
And of course, if there are one or more bars in the town, they are always busy: that is national idiosyncrasy.

Anyway, whether it's in Spain or Puerto Rico, if you know how to get on and make a living (even if it's collecting debris, heh), it's not so bad...

Maybe it is the Urbanist in me (I studied Urban Planning in Universidad Carlos III de Madrid), but yes, in the US and PR we have suburbanism and sprawl, wehereas in Spain we have traditional urban development, which is compact. Jamcha is from the Central Mountains (it is a miracle that he even goes down to Ponce). Besides New York or Northeastern cities, the US and PR is basically a society where you hop from house to car to house. Take a look at Google Maps from above and you will even see the difference between Spanish planning up until 1898 and the sprawl that follows. Search, Urbanización Veredas in Gurabo and see if it is walkable at all. Obviously, people in the small pueblos live differently, but unlike here in Spain, most of us over there dont live in cities. We have euclidean single zoning instead of mixed uses, so our daily lives are completely different. This is why La Milla de Oro, our City Business District, empties after 5, like LA or Miami's. The village or pueblo in Spain contains a house, but most dont live there regularly. For example, my wife's family is from Salamanca. They have a house in Peromingo, el pueblo, but they live in the city and even when they go to the pueblo, they will gather for a few hours, but the single family house, if it even exists is not the center of life. This is why public space is not being privatized as it is seen in the US, where most of the spaces for public interaction are private (See for example San Juan's T Mobile District).

I say all of this with an animus to critique American Suburban Sprawl, not to highlight it as something positive. The fact that most of you here live in compact nucleus of urban fabric is positive. It is more sustainable, it makes public transit feasible (there is a built density to ridership correlation and this is why our Tren Urbano, or Miami's for that matter, are not econimically feasible, even when subsidized), and life is richer.

Last edited:

Eltitoguay

I think y'all are confused about how we live in the US. We hide in our homes and argue on the internet. Public spaces are almost all privatized and it costs $100 just to walk out your front door.
This place is a hellscape.
Oh, it was a mistake: I was referring strictly to the island, to Boriquén or Puerto Rico (the /USA thing was because I believed that @Cannabrainer wanted to point out, with it, its special relationship with the USA).
In any case, he also corrected me about Puerto Rico.
The last time I spoke about what it was like to live on the island with a Puerto Rican resident in Spain was in the early 90's of the last century, and I thought that their rural life was more similar to ours.
Without a doubt, much has been able to changed in Boriquén...

Last edited:

ReprobateMind

We had this stuff in the early 2000s in Minnesota called "Gravity". I still don't know what it was but it was still the best weed I've ever seen/sampled.