What's new

What variety have you lost that you would like to have?

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
Hello, how are you?

As a collector of varieties I have missed some varieties because they did not arrive on time when they were available.

I have never regretted spending thousands of euros on seeds, but I have regretted not having bought a variety.

I wish I had Neville Haze when it came out, GN Thai, GN Zamal...

What variety have you lost that you would like to have? Maybe I have it...:smoke:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello, how are you?

As a collector of varieties I have missed some varieties because they did not arrive on time when they were available.

I have never regretted spending thousands of euros on seeds, but I have regretted not having bought a variety.

I wish I had Neville Haze when it came out, GN Thai, GN Zamal...

What variety have you lost that you would like to have? Maybe I have it...:smoke:
In 2008 my daughter had a party at the house and her friends took pictures of the grow/selfies and posted them on Facebook. I had to cull several Highland Mexican x Blueberry about a week before harvest.
Nothing happened but I still lost the great genetics from Chimera.

Cannabrainer

Original Haze, Neville's Haze, several mexican landraces which I know I won´t ever be getting my hands on them, and a lot of the Puerto Rican bagseed we had in the 90s coming from Colombia and Mexico (mainly the old reds, including Mexican Red, as well as Limón, but also Acapulco Gold) and some local varities adapted from 17N-21N in Mexico, like some that we called Chocolate, as well as others, that I suspect were local crosses of bagseed, that we used to call Mango Piña (most likely crosses between Mangobiche and other fruity colombian varieties in Puerto Rico). I believe the Colombian genetics are still around and I could go back and select Mangobiche and everything fruity and reproduce that concept. I am sure I can get close. At least I have some Oaxaca and am planning on getting my hands on your Colombian Gold x OTH and Punto Rojo x OTH.

Just saving up on some money :D

Indica wise, I wish I could get my hands on original Sensi Star, Sweet Tooth, and Shiskaberry. But I am not really an indica guy, I just like the occasional sunday couchlock watching tv while my wife reads a book and we talk about random things and chill, but it is far from what I need on a daily basis, which is energy and clarity.

Cannabrainer

In 2008 my daughter had a party at the house and her friends took pictures of the grow/selfies and posted them on Facebook. I had to cull several Highland Mexican x Blueberry about a week before harvest.
Nothing happened but I still lost the great genetics from Chimera.
Oh! One of the things that I like about Spain or not living in Puerto Rico/USA is that people dont live on single family housing so the lack of space brings people together OUTSIDE of the house, like in public spaces or bars/restaurants. That means having A LOT of privacy in your hourse.

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
Original Haze, Neville's Haze, several mexican landraces which I know I won´t ever be getting my hands on them, and a lot of the Puerto Rican bagseed we had in the 90s coming from Colombia and Mexico (mainly the old reds, including Mexican Red, as well as Limón, but also Acapulco Gold) and some local varities adapted from 17N-21N in Mexico, like some that we called Chocolate, as well as others, that I suspect were local crosses of bagseed, that we used to call Mango Piña (most likely crosses between Mangobiche and other fruity colombian varieties in Puerto Rico). I believe the Colombian genetics are still around and I could go back and select Mangobiche and everything fruity and reproduce that concept. I am sure I can get close. At least I have some Oaxaca and am planning on getting my hands on your Colombian Gold x OTH and Punto Rojo x OTH.

Just saving up on some money :D

Indica wise, I wish I could get my hands on original Sensi Star, Sweet Tooth, and Shiskaberry. But I am not really an indica guy, I just like the occasional sunday couchlock watching tv while my wife reads a book and we talk about random things and chill, but it is far from what I need on a daily basis, which is energy and clarity.
Of those you mention, I have original haze, mangobiche and Mexican Oaxacan Gold.

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
Oaxaca79 s1, Sannies Jack, and Deep River Haze which just slipped away lol. If you can share a little about your work with Tom Hills Haze that would be great since I missed that train as well.
Tom Hill Haze was an open-pollinated reproduction from several seed packets from cannabiogen.

Only some plants were eliminated and all the others were left to have the greatest possible genetic variety...

rolandomota

Veteran
Red-haired light green Mexican with a beautiful pine tree smell and taste real red hair not "red hair" where it's orange hairs 😂

Another is A dark green and purple mexico pine weed a way different but just as beautiful taste as the red hair the burned smell was pure pine on both each one different and definitely pine types both had seeds especially the purple one was fully seeded and still very strong this was 20 years ago time flies wow man

Last edited:

Cannabrainer

Of those you mention, I have original haze, mangobiche and Mexican Oax
Red-haired light green Mexican with a beautiful pine tree smell and taste real red hair not "red hair" where it's orange hairs 😂

Another is A dark green and purple mexico pine weed a way different but just as beautiful taste as the red hair the burned smell was pure pine on both each one different and definitely pine types both had seeds especially the purple one was fully seeded and still very strong this was 20 years ago time flies wow man
Mexican Red Hair man. We all just love it.

Vietnam Tourist Hemp / Green Hornet, former Swiss breeder.

The most psychedelic and trippy weed I've ever smoked, I could kick myself for not making a repro. Young and dumb I was...

Never had anything like this again. I have Deep River Haze / Hyp3rids (hybrid, Vietnam Black and Neville's Haze) in my seed stash, hopefully it's at least somewhat similar.

Last edited:

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
I have THH from you. Do you consider it Original Haze? I believe it is one selection of the Original Haze, right?

Will you be having the Mangobiche and Oaxacan Gold?

So far I have only gotten Oaxacan Gold hybrids but not straight Oaxacan Gold.
Hello, I have not yet had the pleasure of trying original haze so I cannot compare it to tom hill haze.

As Tom said, he got it from Positronics and they sold it to him as an original haze.
The truth is that I don't know when Mangobiche and Oaxacan will be there, maybe in a few years...

Doing things well takes time and there are other older varieties ahead that have to be rescued.:tiphat: