What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What to see in Berlin?

Hallo there, i am going to visit Berlin in the start of may and i wanted to ask you guys what to see..
Of course i am going to see Brandenburger and all the ohter "must see" places, so what i am asking for is growshops, underground-places and so on.

Bronkajs :rasta:

(Ps. Ich bin däne und versteht Deutsch aber schreibt nicht gut, Ihr kann in Deutsch anworten)

:wave:

Last edited:

Jimb0J0nes

hi @all,my first post!
Growshops:

The biggest are Pflanzburg in wedding, Grow in berlin (Charlottenburg) and
Grasgrün (Kreuzberg) and Flashback (mitte).

Pflanzburg and Grow-in are far off, there is nothing there. It's simply ghetto ;)
But it's not dangerous, just fucked up.
Kreuzberg is very nice and has a lot of Parks. Be sure to check out the görli (görlitzer Park). Also treptower Park is nice. There is an Isle in the Spree , "Insel der Jugend".

Mitte is for shopping and for tourists. While friedrichstrasse is more for highsociety, the area around "Hakescher Markt" is more for those Latte Macciato Folks and small boutigue shopping. It's not far from Alexanderplatz.

Club der Visionäre in Kreuzberg is a very nice place to chill. It's directly above the water, with comfy seats and nobody cares if you smoke there. It has some sort of Amsterdam style. On the other side of the river is freischwimmer.It is cool, too. Especially in warm evenings in the summer.
check
***.freischwimmer-berlin.de for photos.

If you are there on 1. May, stay in Kreuzberg. There is the Myfestival with lots of Bands of all directions playing openAir in all parks and everything free.
From hipHop contest, punk ska , metal hardcore and worldmusiv you'll find everything there.

The 1. may riots usually start in the evening hours so if you want to avoid them you can leave early. But you can stay if you want to watch, it's not dangerous anymore these days. People sit in cafes and watch police and rioters chasing each other. There is also the Hanfhaus, where you can buy legal hempproducts. And the legendary So36 Punkclub.

You should also check out the best Döner, in Yorckstrasse (schöneberg).
It's called Yorck Hisar.

Last edited:
Thank you a lot!
It's really helpfull with such a guide!
Sounds great with the Myfestival,- i think we'll arive in the evening so i'll make sure to check it out. It's all good :joint:
Watergate nightclub, ey: Where is it located?

By the way how does german police look upon cannabis? Here in Denmark the goverment have just raised the fines so that possesion of a single joint is 250Euro. :fsu:

93|93

hi!
well...especially in berlin I don't think that the "possession of 1 joint" will cause you any trouble.
in most clubs "smoking" is attitude.
police differs from region to region. in berlin they're not that bad, as maybe in bavaria.

when cought smoking a J the hardest consequence might be that you'll have to throw away that J.

when cought with a little amount of weed (e.g. 1-5g) it also depends on the officers. they will take the dope, will make a charge against you - but the judges mostly will stop investigating because of the small amount.
mostly...--> no guarantee for sure...
biggrin.gif

but: it is possible to freely smoke ya Js in the berlin nightlife. it's simply part of that nightlife-culture. so mostly there will be no matters when smoking.

by the way: after checking out watergate - you have to visit the "tresor" club. its SO fucking huge. the new tresor is located in an former "thermal power station". absolutely amazing area - and sound fo' sure.
www.tresorberlin.de
headbanger.gif

Sounds good with the law, then it shouldn't be as dangerous as here, I think i'll take a little stash with me aboard on the train :muahaha:

Then it's all setteled, we will arive the last day of April so i'll see the myfestival and the riots too :bashhead:

One last Q:
I've been looking for hostels but many are reserved and there is some pricy ones too.. Can anyone recommend a good Hostel?

Thank you for everything guys, it's been REALLY helpfull..

Take care
Seamus :rasta:

Jimb0J0nes

@hostels: It's better to find an apartment. If look around you should find something. Hostel means, just a small bedroom and paying per person and no chiling in your room.

Apartments are usually the same pricing if you are at least 2 persons.
( there are offers per person, too but you get so much more for your money).
You get a living room with tv and a kitchen. Try to look for Pension/apartment. It takes some time to find, but there are very good offers, where you can stay in big flats for not much money. Usually those you can find on the net are overbooked.

As a start:
***all-berlin-apartments*com/de/

Latest posts

Latest posts