What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What music are you listening to?

xtsho

Depended heavily on whether you bought it from a stranger in a bar looking to turn an oz into 3 or 8 oz's, or someone who was importing. The product could vary widely in quality. WIDELY.

1983 Alaska State Trooper crime lab-tested coke, mostly from the bar scene, ran 8% to 11%. My coke ran 92% steadily, uncut. You could literally make 10 average bar grams out of one of my grams, and I never cut -anything- I ever sold. And I was only $25 to $50 more per gram than the thieves and hustlers in the bars. Bar grams of bullshit back then were $100 to $125. Mine were $150. Larger amounts had different pricing per gram.

Never do business in bars, either. Cops, hustlers, thieves and informants hang out in them.

Edit: On the upside, the coke was typically mostly still ether refined back then, before Reagan made petroleum ether more difficult to obtain, and the producers turned to diesel and acetone refining.

I'm actually glad today that they cut off the supply of ether. That diesel and acetone extraction produced a crappy product that I didn't want. Stopped using altogether and am glad I did. I know of too many people that ended up wasting their lives doing hard drugs.

moose eater

I'm actually glad today that they cut off the supply of ether. That diesel and acetone extraction produced a crappy product that I didn't want. Stopped using altogether and am glad I did. I know of too many people that ended up wasting their lives doing hard drugs.
Most I knew who were neck-deep in good coke arrived at a similar place as I did; metabolism and experience changed for the worse, and we walked away. No Betty Ford, etc.

Cocaine and most stimulants and amphetamines are not physically addictive; psychological draw from a heavy dopamine rush.

I know of a couple who failed to battle the dopamine draw and died eventually after descending from good standing in the community, to stealing from long-time friends, acquaintances, and family, and a couple more who simply turned to the slimy theft route without the Grim Reaper.

I still support the legalization/medicalization of ALL drugs. I've never heard anyone say, either in my MH offices, or in casual conversation, "I really wanted to get high on (*****) today, but it's illegal."

CharlesU Farley

Depended heavily on whether you bought it from a stranger in a bar looking to turn an oz into 3 or 8 oz's, or someone who was importing. The product could vary widely in quality. WIDELY.
Living in Miami from the late '60s to 1980, and being very familiar with surfers and smugglers from my days working in hotels on the beach, I can say with some authority that cocaine and the Arab oil embargoes of 73 and 79 totally fucked _all_ of South Florida.

Even though the prices that I could get were cheap as shit and the purity was "fresh off the boat" as they say, I just never really got into it. Working in a hospital, having access to eskatrol and preluden kind of negated the need for cocaine. :cool: A much cleaner high, no sniffly/ snotty nose, and for me, it just didn't have that same addictive quality. At least for me... and I have a fairly strong addictive personality.:eek:

Jimmy Buffett wasn't as lucky, he got strung out on eskatrol. :(

Nobody gets strung out on cannabis or psychedelics! ;)