What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What music are you listening to?

moose eater

'Mountain Time' :)

DSCN0608.JPG

DSCN0604.JPG

moose eater

It's not a browser problem. The video is restricted by geography. Some countries in the EU won't let us play videos here in the States and vice versa.

Copyrights and all that bullshit.
Sometimes the original poster at YouTube, or the owner of the copyright prohibits the reposting or mirroring of their music or video, as well.

moose eater

Here in the SouthEast mountains, we love this shit!!! ;) (y)

Just read a article on him where he described being allowed backstage to hear Dickey Betts play and it absolutely hooked him on the guitar. He's a special guy, that's for sure, got an unbelievable collection of guitars.
I've been listening to JB for a good while now, and he's -very- talented imo..

Sometimes in riffs he can make them too busy, but most often I think it's exquisite music.

I will admit that I've looked at his skin pallor and wondered if it's a genetic Scandinavian-type paleness (my wife's Norwegian and Italian, as well as other history; a combination of dark-ish pallor and pale ivory complexion from the Scandinavian side, and she's also quite susceptible to skin cancer for the Norwegian side of things) or if he's got a serious drinking thing going on, but I've never seen or read of him having too long a dance with the bottle.

CharlesU Farley

Was never a psychiatrist, that would be an MD, and if you having someone confront the obvious inconsistencies in your statements makes them a psychiatrist, then there's a whole lot more potential head Docs out there than I was aware of.

I was a licensed mental health clinician, and carried 2 licenses at one time, but that was a long time ago.

I'm simply pointing out some things to you that you ought to be pointing out to yourself.

And now I'm having a late dinner, then I'll take some evening meds, finish a hard seltzer (something you criticized a few nights ago, by the way), and go lay down with my wife and our 2 dogs, and smoke a joint of Ghost Train Haze #1..

You're _so_ much more a patient individual than I am, respect. (y)

One thing I learned back in respiratory therapy school in the '70s, treating World War II vets who had their voice box removed, yet who still smoked Camel non-filters through the hole in their throat;

Some people you just can't help, you just got to let 'em be. 😥

moose eater

You're _so_ much more a patient individual than I am, respect. (y)

One thing I learned back in respiratory therapy school in the '70s, treating World War II vets who had their voice box removed, yet who still smoked Camel non-filters through the hole in their throat;

Some people you just can't help, you just got to let 'em be. 😥
I was the stickler and outlier in the offices I worked in.

I never bought into the assertions (that I believed covered for some clinicians' frustrations with their own inability or expectations involved) that "Personality disordered people can't be helped; the mold is cast."

I believed, despite my own frustrations with myself and others, that anything can change given time and motivation or need/desire. But as stated, there were times the writing was on the wall as to the dynamics, etc., and sometimes we, as beings, are simply stuck in our own tunnels and unable to see the overall picture.

Some of the sex offenders/persons dealing with pedophilia had successes but were rarely read about in the more cynical statements.

Rarely did I hear another clinician say, "Well, we royally fucked THAT up." But you know it happened.

But we had an adage or saying that I think was true for all of us who become who we are over time and tend to often stay that way, more or less, even when it doesn't work well for us.

"Change will (might) occur when the pain of not changing exceeds the pain of changing."

Turning to a new way of being at mid-life or later, or even more youthful stages, can be weird and difficult as all hell. Like putting on a new pair of stiff leather shoes that simply don't fit right. You've got to break them in. :)

But admittedly, a lot of my irritation and very serious sadness with humanity is that we're so capable of so much more, yet often don't move that way.

Edit: There's also a lot more vagueness or open space to perceive in MH work, in contrast to harder sciences. Probably why most psychiatrists simply carry a Rx pad. :)

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

To understand the absolute genius of Stewart Copeland's drumming, listen to this demo of Sting's, where he used a drum machine:

Here's the commercial release of the same tune:

Hopefully, you'll notice the difference. :cool: