What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What music are you listening to?

mudballs

I have 2 of the same model phone...i just flip sim cards while wasted one charges in truck...i pity those right now with just 1 phone and no electricity

moose eater

I gotta admit it has been kinda cool to live by candlelight ...you don't do that voluntarily often
When we'd have power outages that lasted several days in the winter, we'd light the wood-burning barrel stove in the basement on the second or third day after we'd cleaned all of the residue and dust from it (so it wouldn't smoke from the surface too badly), depending on how cold it was outside (the house is incredibly warm/well-insulated, and holds heat for days with no heat down there), and we'd have jugs of water for flushing the toilet and doing dishes, washing up, etc.

We'd run the 2000 and 2200-watt Honda inverter generators out in the shed and run 100-ft. 12/3 cords in through the make-up air vent/duct to the refrigerator and the boiler for the top 2 floors of the house and load the frozen foods in the freezers into coolers and place them out on the back enclosed uninsulated porch beyond the freezer room, to let the weather keep them frozen.

I'd drive to town and get a bunch of Szechuan Chinese food to-go at a favorite spot, set up a folding table in the basement, light some candles and have a very nice romantic dinner with my wife and kids down there.

Comfort and lemonade from lemons in the face of otherwise inconvenient moments.

Last edited:

mudballs

When we'd have power outages that lasted several days in the winter, we'd light the wood-burning barrel stove in the basement on the second or third day after we'd cleaned all of the residue and dust from it (so it wouldn't smoke from the surface too badly), depending on how cold it was outside (the house is incredibly warm/well-insulated, and holds heat for days with no heat down there), and We'd have jugs of water for flushing the toilet and doing dished, washing up, etc.

We'd run the 2000 and 2200-watt Honda inverter generators out in the shed and run 100-ft. 12/3 cords in through the make-up air vent/duct to the refrigerator and the boiler for the top 2 floors of the house and load the frozen foods in the freezers into coolers and place them out on the back enclosed uninsulated porch beyond the freezer room, to let the weather keep them frozen.

I'd drive to town and get a bunch of Szechuan Chinese food to-go at a favorite spot, set up a folding table in the basement, light some candles and have a very nice romantic dinner with my wife and kids down there.

Comfort and lemonade from lemons in the face of otherwise inconvenient moments.
You fkn boss!

Latest posts

Latest posts