What's new

What music are you listening to?

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Great music guys! :rasta::rasta::rasta:

https://www.traxsource.com/title/1023648/its-all-the-same.
8947ab960af49232b1c68043ae082409.jpg

The timeless mix! :love:

Last edited:

moose eater

If we could have hung out moose...i would have taken us to a dead show
I was down visiting old former friends in Northern Ontario at a private lake north of Toronto in the early 90s, and we took the Dead in at the Richfield Coliseum in Ohio; a long drive in a rented car there and back, through the US-Canada Border, both ways, near Port Huron, Michigan, with a detour getting lost in the ghetto area in Detroit in the middle of the night when we'd gotten off our highway for fuel on our way back to Ontario, and asking for directions back to the freeway at a cigarette shack that had more iron bars on it than lumber.

Saw Jerry Garcia and David Grisman at the Warfield Theatre in San Franciso on Market St. in the early 90s when I was down for a mental health conference differentiating chronic mental illness diagnoses, versus people stuck in maturation or developmental phases of life at problematic growth thresholds that had caused more temporary loss of coherence and mild psychosis as a somewhat natural, though less understood part of growing up and finding new places to live in life (internally).

I'd taken an old coworker from a suspect establishment in Fairbanks and his girlfriend, who were living down in the Bay Area, buying their and my tickets over the phone from Valdez at the time, and them providing transportation around San Francisco.

Parts of that 2 or 3-day series of Grisman and Garcia shows are on YouTube, and I've posted them here before.

Awesome show that one was.

An old compadre' in legalization efforts was a person who, with his brother, fled some cannabis charges, size large, in Pennsylvania after winning one evidentiary hearing that pissed off their prosecutors pretty badly, and they sold Guatemalan colorful, woven shirts and ponchos, as well as whippets (nitrous oxide balloons) in parking lots across the US and Canada at Dead shows, on their way to (eventually) Alaska.... including the Richfield Coliseum, though I don't know if he was there when we (my wife and I) were, and we didn't meet each other until about 1999 or 2000, after which we ended up doing some radio interviews together re. legalization under the Proposition 5 effort in 2000 in Alaska, with me as a then-licensed mental health guy, and him as a Catholic-raised, clean-cut, short-haired, white-pressed-shirt wearing, pot head with some smarts about him, and a lengthy history of major pain meds from spinal injuries acquired at a relatively youthful stage of his life.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts