What's new

What music are you listening to?

CaptainLucky

Does this look familiar re. the inhalers?

erowid's always been a righteous source, very factual, no biases to speak of, and initially started by a brother and sister team, if I recall correctly. Good folks pushing no bullshit, by the way.

Bennies (McNeil Lab cross-tops) were either homemade, counterfeit, pilfered or redirected jars of the real thing from pharmaceutical warehouses or pharmacies, etc., and typically scored at truck stops (gas jockeys and truckers) or a good friend's home as a rule back then. (Benzedrine was 1 molecular 'shift' away from propylhexedrine, which was present in Benzedrex inhalers back then; 250 mg of it per inhaler swab; open them up (break them open, 4 at a time per batch) and process... Don't ask. My encyclopedia-size posts are already over the line, probably, and it's been close to 40 years since I made it, but I learned it from a hitchhiker and his pit-bull I picked up in NW Montana in the middle of the night in my '64 Ford pick-up in which I already had MY 2 dogs, driving down from Alaska to Arizona via Colorado, and my fuel pump was failing. That's just the intro and setting, so imagine the details!! :)

The record store in Edinboro was the head shop. They also sold incense, tapestries, posters, etc. All things hippie! :)
Did you use brick acid for extracting the Benzedrine from the inhalers? CL🍀

moose eater

Did you use brick acid for extracting the Benzedrine from the inhalers? CL🍀
Muriatic, Isopropyl alc. distilled H2O and 200-degree Fahrenheit heat in a pyrex pie plate atop ye old trusty Coleman camp stove. Very upscale production, as you can see. :)

Again, it's been 40 years or so, and much easier and obtainable (not to mention more effective) options in the Rx Dept. since, though some place in the cluttered archives in the basement I might have brief notes.

CaptainLucky

Muriatic, Isopropyl alc. distilled H2O and 200-degree Fahrenheit heat in a pyrex pie plate atop ye old trusty Coleman camp stove. Very upscale production, as you can see. :)

Again, it's been 40 years or so, and much easier and obtainable (not to mention more effective) options in the Rx Dept. since, though some place in the cluttered archives in the basement I might have brief notes.
I was known for making a batch or two back in the day. lol 😂 CL🍀

moose eater

It’s what all the cool kids were doing then. The ones that couldn’t afford the Peruvian party powder. lol 😂 CL🍀
Or on the road, in your mother's kitchen in another state, getting ready to begin a 4,000-mile drive home at midnight, getting ready to cross the desert in the cooler air of darkness, and that was all you had.

"What are you cooking?"

"Nothin'... I'll be done in a few minutes..."