What's new

What music are you listening to?

CharlesU Farley

Well, this is going to be my first post in a week or so. Health issues have just been kicking my ass this month. Month ago I got COVID, dealt with that even though I felt like shit. Pretty sure I got it at my granddaughter's Lion King production. Hadn't been around that many people in a long time and haven't gotten a booster and over a year.

Then last week, got a full-on, roaring case of whooping cough... yes fucking whooping cough in a 69 year-old fucking man!!! The older you get, the more you are immune system sucks. Not only that, but my lovely wife Harley got it worse than me!! The unrelenting, spasmodic fucking coughing has our house sounding like a fucking TB ward. Didn't know what was going to come first, blowing an abdominal hernia, coughing so hard to cause a pneumothorax (very bad 💀), stroking out from the increased intracranial pressure, or throwing a massive MI (heart attack) because the heart was pumpinf so hard while I was coughing.

Granddaughter graduated nursing school, we went to the graduation, we're around more humanoids/fomites than I have been in a very very long time, including a bunch of little Rugrats running around sneezing and coughing.

No big mystery where we got it.;)

For y'all who may not know, I'm a former registered respiratory therapist, who was a cigarette smoker until 85, joint smoker since I was 13, vaper until I went all edibles, all the time 6 years ago.

Harley and I were coughing up shit that _so_ reminded me of COPD / emphysema/chronic bronchitis patients, more colors of yellow and green then you can ever imagine. :sick:

We've done this for almost a week now.

But it's finally getting _better_, so here's a couple videos that are pretty appropriate, if on the nose 😂:

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Well, this is going to be my first post in a week or so. Health issues have just been kicking my ass this month. Month ago I got COVID, dealt with that even though I felt like shit. Pretty sure I got it at my granddaughter's Lion King production. Hadn't been around that many people in a long time and haven't gotten a booster and over a year.

Then last week, got a full-on, roaring case of whooping cough... yes fucking whooping cough in a 69 year-old fucking man!!! The older you get, the more you are immune system sucks. Not only that, but my lovely wife Harley got it worse than me!! The unrelenting, spasmodic fucking coughing has our house sounding like a fucking TB ward. Didn't know what was going to come first, blowing an abdominal hernia, coughing so hard to cause a pneumothorax (very bad 💀), stroking out from the increased intracranial pressure, or throwing a massive MI (heart attack) because the heart was pumpinf so hard while I was coughing.

Granddaughter graduated nursing school, we went to the graduation, we're around more humanoids/fomites than I have been in a very very long time, including a bunch of little Rugrats running around sneezing and coughing.

No big mystery where we got it.;)

For y'all who may not know, I'm a former registered respiratory therapist, who was a cigarette smoker until 85, joint smoker since I was 13, vaper until I went all edibles, all the time 6 years ago.

Harley and I were coughing up shit that _so_ reminded me of COPD / emphysema/chronic bronchitis patients, more colors of yellow and green then you can ever imagine. :sick:

We've done this for almost a week now.

But it's finally getting _better_, so here's a couple videos that are pretty appropriate, if on the nose 😂:

f'n hell man, that sucks! and hope things are getting better for you and your wife
enjoy every breath

Latest posts

Latest posts