What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What music are you listening to?

CharlesU Farley

OM.. fucking G!!! Damn, this reminds me of a video that takes me into the Wayback Machine like no other. Even though I was born and raised in Kentucky, I spent most summers, vacations, and a lot of other time there when I was kicked out of the house by my parents. Eventually moved to Sunny Isles (blue collar Miami Beach), Florida.

Those who weren't there cannot imagine what it was like, but to give you an idea, Eric Clapton wrote Layla at the Thunderbird Motel, with Duane Allman, when they were recording at Criterion Studios in North Miami:
1000010718.jpg

Right across the street from the Thunderbird, there was a music club called Thee Image. Google that to see all of the '60s acts who played there. As I've frequently told our kids, there was no reason for us to go to Woodstock... Woodstock was coming to us. Phil Lesh of The Grateful Dead said he felt they finally hitting their groove and becoming professional musicians when they played here.

For whatever reason, Barry Gibbs fucking fell in love with Sunny Isles in the '70s. He moved to a high dollar, millionaires area just north of Sunny Isles called Golden Beach. This video is a ride from Golden Beach down Sunny Isles back in the late '70s. I have to mute the music, because it annoys me so, but the visuals of this transport me back. My ex-wife did buy me a pair of black underwear from the movie Saturday Night Live, but I only wore them once, so she would actually initiate sex. :) :

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts