What's new

What music are you listening to?

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
As Ive mentioned here before , Mary was a close friend of my mom's .
One of my fondest memories is of Mary , who was my sister's godmother, holding my infant baby sister while sitting in the back yard on a sunny day and singing Puff the Magic Dragon to her .
Occasionally she and my mom would sing, usually after dinner , between bouts of laughter and stories.
I wasnt really aware of her fame until I got older but I remember feeling Mary was beautiful. Her kindness, her beautiful and effortlessly strong voice, the way she bobbed her head when she sang, the way she dressed , her long blond hair...
My sister and I visited mom this past week. I mentioned my childhood memories of Mary and a hush fell at the dinner table and a few tears came to my mom's eyes.
I said to my mom that I felt lucky to have known her so well . She looked at me and remarked that we were all lucky to have had her in our lives. I miss Mary. I miss those times with her and as time marches forward I know I will some day miss my mom too.
Sorry for the mushy post. I don't usually post personal things on the 'net but sometimes you get something on your mind and you cant let it go.
Looking back, it was a privilege to have been able to sit in my parents living room and sing this song, and many others along with mom and Mary.

Latest posts

Latest posts