What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What does it mean when ur plant has hot pink hairs?

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole

Lemon bagseed pheno a friend kept around for a couple years. Greenhouse had eight ice plants suffering from mites, botrytis, and a little pm, the lemon never got touched. Not one mite, not one bit of rot or mildew. Threw these pink pistils through September, when they darkened up to reddish brown. Has to be the natural sunlight

iatebadshrooms

I got a plant outdoors now. It's random bag seed. Looks like its 70 sativa 30 indica. Anyway she is about 2 weeks from half way to harvest. So 6 weeks totals 10 weeks in flower and her white hairs are turning pink all over. They should be hot pink solid in a week or two..ill iake picks.. I'm curiouse do the hairs cure and stay pink? Or probably go purple

SoufLondon

i had a heavily sativa plant grown from seed do this pink pistil thing last year outside here it is

picture.php

Last edited:
so what conditions are present outside that creates this pink pistil reaction that is missing indoors?
the sun is the only thing we cant replicate as well.
i dont think this comes from any other factors other than genetics and the suns spectrum.
otherwise the pink haired plants would show pink indoors too.
it aint temps and it aint humidity.
it aint the soil or pests/lack there of...

coldcanna

Veteran
Maybe its coincidence or maybe its genetics, but mine seemed to start throwing pink whiskers when the cool nights arrive in late August

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
so what conditions are present outside that creates this pink pistil reaction that is missing indoors?
the sun is the only thing we cant replicate as well.
i dont think this comes from any other factors other than genetics and the suns spectrum.
otherwise the pink haired plants would show pink indoors too.
it aint temps and it aint humidity.
it aint the soil or pests/lack there of...

Good question. the grape stomper i grew only throws pink hairs outdoors. I thought it must be the moon light. Complete darkness inside and not outside. Just a guess.

Lyfespan

i think i read somewhere that these color phenomenons come from the way the plant is utilizing nutes, IE red and pink hairs from phosphorus, purples and dark blues from the potassium, and so on. but its just not the supplementation of the elements themselves but rather a reaction between the management of other minerals in conjunction and the plants ability to manipulate said reactions.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
I thought it was trace metals in the water? I may have dreamt that...

(shit I better go back and read this whole thread and see if that was already mentioned... damn, hate that...)

420cloud

Dont think it means any thing, Only thing it really means is that its seedless herb throwing a bunch of pink pistils

Tipunch

I'm running Maple Leaf Indica from Sensi. Ended up with 2 different phenos, which showed their differences from the start, one with narrow leafs, other with Very wide leafs. When flower started, the narrow leaf showed pink pistils, the wide Leaf regular white pistils. I also have cuts of both growing and showing same difference. If you read the UN report on cannabis in Afghanistan it says "Two distinct varieties of cannabis were reported in the 2009 cannabis survey - one with a pink red stem and the other with a green stem. The plant with pink red stalk reportedly produces higher quality resin and is in higher demand than the green stem type. There are many local names given to different varieties of cannabis in different parts of the region. Azraki Shadani, Kharwari Shadani, Logari Shadani, Machalghu Shadani, Surkhabi Shadani, Watani, Kharwari, Kandahari, Bangi Herati, Sorkhbandi Shindandi, Spera botay, Chagali and Mazari are the names reported by farmers during the survey. The most popular cannabis variety in Afghanistan reported was the Mazari variety (58%)."

So went back to my plants to see if my red pistil MLI had Red stems too, which it does. My wide Leaf pheno of MLI which has white pistils has regular Green stems.

So in my case, there's A correlation between pink pistils and red stems. Both show in the mother and it's cuts.

Any similar experience?:biggrin:

Whip

its a communist.

Too funny...:)

May I suggest a couple of botany courses for a few of you here ? lol

Mr. Greengenes Cherry Bomb. Throws out hot pick hairs almost every time. I run them indoors throughout the year. Always pink hairs. It's an ibl

Have a great day all

Whip :)