What's new

What did you have for dinner tonight? Pleace show pic

Hermanthegerman

Peri alypias
Veteran
It was a quick lunch while harvesting. Wiener Wuerstchen, Beans with Milk and Potaoes. The same I eat in an hour.:)

picture.php

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
I'm making my sauce right now

garlic, ginger, sirracha, chilli paste, lime, green onion, cilantro, butter, brown sugar, fish sauce, apple cider vinegar, water, I think that is it, heh

oh man, every tastebud explodes, when you hit em all magic happens, like an oralgasm.

cooked the sauce for 3 hours yesterday night then put it i a bowl with some ice. I put that in the fridge and let it sit over night. Around 1 PM PST I took out and put back on a burner on low. Gonna let the H2O cook off and finally make shrimp.

So I will take bacon and render the fat off and use that to flash fry the shrimp for 20 seconds, then into a hot pan with the sauce for another 35 seconds.

I'm expecting greatness, oh yes, I love Thai food

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
I just heard a great saying

"This food is so good it'll make a man write bad checks"

my sauce is almost done, then a minute to cook and it will be shrimp time

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
picture.php

spicy tuna roll (seared the ahi as it was a day old and not quite primo enough to be maguro) with some spicy mayo (heavy on the siracha :biglaugh:) avo and homegrown cucumbers as well as carrot. Al fresco dining :smoke:

Made some teriyaki chicken and rice to go with, but didn't get a pic of it.

Was about $6-7 worth of ingredients (the sushi) for what gave me 2 rolls of this size as well as some seared ahi I snacked on while cooking :) good deal to me. Now I just need to go catch me a bluefin this summer.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Paddi I've never posted in your thread but I do visit too see the excellent pix some of our members capture of these delicacies. Great work everyone! I bbq bunches, all year round, always capturing pix of the good ones, and I'd like to share this one from a couple weeks ago.
This is a 6 pound prime rib, bone in, grilled/smoked over a mountain mahogany fire for an hour and a half, to medium rare. To go with it are a dozen oysters baked in their shells then shelled and placed in a pan of melted butter and fresh garlic. Ears of corn in the husks and bake potatoes roasted in foil. I had to keep adding wood we collected on the way there to the fire to keep it going long enough to get the rib done. My wifey n I shared this at a remote cabin on our 39th anniversary. Cheers..dine out..DD

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
6.6 LB "Prime" Top Sirloin

6.6 LB "Prime" Top Sirloin

Smoked over 3 hours until extra Rare...

I cut out a couple nice steaks and seared the meat on the grills and cooked til they were between rare and med rare... super good

put the chunks of meat back in the fridge... a few days later I cut these steaks off the big chunk and put the smaller piece back in the smoker...

I seasoned and seared the steaks on the grill and even though I slightly overcooked them (med/medwell) on the grill... they were even more tender than the few days before. I don't know how but I guess sitting after being smoked does something to the meat... enzymes or something IDK??? but it was awesome!... hands down the best sirloin Ive ever had.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

my local butcher does a small side business of cooked burgers, he's got a sanitary usda cutting room but no state legal kitchen; I've always politely turned down his/her offers for a fresh patty-melt.

sonofabitch! that might've been the best burger to bless my belly!!!

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here Ya go S4L

Here Ya go S4L

smoked sirloin steak sandwich

and a filet Mignon roast I cooked a week or so ago

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheese on a steak sandwich !? :puke:

yeah it was quite delicious... ever heard of a Philly cheese steak, it was way better than one of those even... but you are from the UK (I think) so maybe you wouldn't understand.

though it could have been better on some french bread or sourdough... I guarantee you would like it bro!

peace,
Infi

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Tonights faire begins with a garden saled of lettuce, home organically grown beefsteak tomatoes and cucumbers. Sprinkled with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and topped with a dollop of classic Catalina dressing.

As a side to the main course we have scalloped potatoes lovingly prepared with a blend of cheddar and mozzarella blended in a white sauce, thinly sliced Idaho potatoes topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

And now to the main coarse; an aged (like 30 days) 10 ounce Kobe ribeye.

Oh LIAS, Philly cheese "wit" on rye...mmm..mm.m..mmm....m.mmm. Not great for the heart to be sure but an absolute favorite of mine.

minds_I
picture.php

Tonight we had a cigarette at supper

Tonight we had a cigarette at supper

And shared a glass of water...

Lindsay-Lohan-Nicole-Richie-20949.jpg

D

DU420

Crave that's sick bro...... I had veal parmigiana with homemade coleslaw and home fries.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Minnesota Lasagna Alert!!!​

I think I'm in trouble here folks, a friend is coming by to drop off some of his wife's lasagna, omg I love them both but his wife's a horrible cook. Thank God I won't have to eat this is front of them, I've had to force meals down & then ask for 2ndS (SMALL HELPING PLEASE!!!) to be polite.

Todd just called, he's pulling in the driveway.

(15 mins later) I'm obviously back inside and nuking said lasagna, it looks & smells like lasagna, please wish me luck.......

Latest posts

Latest posts