What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What Are You Watching Right Now Pt II.......

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
“would you like to know more?”
starship troopers
ps “here’s a tip...
aim for the nerve stem,
and put it down for good.”

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
“so shiny... so chrome”
road warrior: fury road

got a bunch of itunes movies
that were grandfathered into 4k,
but i’m still running an old 1080p tv
(and still using an iphone 4).
can any one recommend a good 4k display?
or ones to avoid.
could be a good time for deals, post xmas.

N

noyd666

oz news about the government to sell the world med cannabis, ha how quick lol must of seen the dollar slipping away.

Green Squall

Ok some of you might know I'm obsessed with the Aubrey-Maturin book series by Patrick O'Brian, which they turned into the excellent movie Master and Commander: Far Side of the World. It was well reviewed and loved by fans, but didn't do well enough at the Box Office to warrant a sequel.

Earlier today I read this on Russell Crowes Twitter and nearly crap myself:

For the Aubrey Maturin lovers , I do hear whispers indeed that a second voyage is perhaps potentially pre-proposed a possibility . So O’Brian affectionate’s and aficionados , let @20thcenturyfox know of your pleasure .

giphy.gif

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
... the excellent movie Master and Commander: Far Side of the World. It was well reviewed and loved by fans, but didn't do well enough at the Box Office to warrant a sequel.
it’s in my itunes collection.
director peter weir rarely does wrong
(i’m more of a director fan than actor),
with cultures interacting one of his
common themes

N

noyd666

Ok some of you might know I'm obsessed with the Aubrey-Maturin book series by Patrick O'Brian, which they turned into the excellent movie Master and Commander: Far Side of the World. It was well reviewed and loved by fans, but didn't do well enough at the Box Office to warrant a sequel.

Earlier today I read this on Russell Crowes Twitter and nearly crap myself:

For the Aubrey Maturin lovers , I do hear whispers indeed that a second voyage is perhaps potentially pre-proposed a possibility . So O’Brian affectionate’s and aficionados , let @20thcenturyfox know of your pleasure .

View Image
good show.

Green Squall

it’s in my itunes collection.
director peter weir rarely does wrong
(i’m more of a director fan than actor),
with cultures interacting one of his
common themes

Peter Weir is great. Besides M&C, I really like Gallipoli, Witness and his most recent, The Way back. Can you recommend any of his movies from the 70's? I'm looking at his Filmography and haven't seen any of them.

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
Peter Weir is great. Besides M&C, I really like Gallipoli, Witness and his most recent, The Way back. Can you recommend any of his movies from the 70's? I'm looking at his Filmography and haven't seen any of them.
picnic at hanging rock, an early one that got his ball rolling.
the last wave, another early one, and not long before gallipoli-
which was a minor hit stateside. esp. at colleges.
year of living dangerously. mel, sigourney, but linda hunt was deservably oscar-nom’d.
(i’d like to get high with her someday...)
witness was a mainstream hit here. “cultures intersecting” that yanks would appreciate.
and full acceptance as a mainstream filmaker,
with attendant budgets, afterward.
dead poets society ain’t bad :) .
he directed the truman show,
which was written by andrew niccol,
who had directed gattaca the year before.
enjoy.

Green Squall

picnic at hanging rock, an early one that got his ball rolling.
the last wave, another early one, and not long before gallipoli-
which was a minor hit stateside. esp. at colleges.
year of living dangerously. mel, sigourney, but linda hunt was deservably oscar-nom’d.
(i’d like to get high with her someday...)
witness was a mainstream hit here. “cultures intersecting” that yanks would appreciate.
and full acceptance as a mainstream filmaker,
with attendant budgets, afterward.
dead poets society ain’t bad :) .
he directed the truman show,
which was written by andrew niccol,
who had directed gattaca the year before.
enjoy.

Ok apparently the grass is effecting my memory because I've seen all those movies except The Last Wave, however, I did recognize David Gulpilli from the 1971 movie Walkabout.

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
Ok apparently the grass is effecting my memory because I've seen all those movies except The Last Wave, however, I did recognize David Gulpilli from the 1971 movie Walkabout.
i first met david in nic roeg’s walkabout, i think.
speaking of memories, i’m in my latter day 50’s, and am
already looking forward to an ending like jon pryce’s in brazil...
movieposter.jpg