What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

WHAT ARE YOU EATING TODAY?

moose eater

That sounds great. When I used to butcher sheep and goats I would clean the intestines with a funnel and water .May I ask what is a black pepper?
Like an 'ancho chili' or a 'chili negro'. Similar to a -dark- poblano chili. Somewhat pungent in flavor, but not really spicy. Just a little bit of heat to them. Though sometimes they can vary a bit.

Yeah, I prefer the natural sheep and hog casings. The collagen casings simply lack that nice crisp tender texture or 'pop' when you bite into them, even if smoked nicely. At least, that's been my experience.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
getting ready to go fire up the grill and have burgers/fries. got a fine looking beef roast i'm going to put in the crockpot before i go to bed. putting au jus spice on it along with yellow bell peppers on a bed of small red taters... made a peach cobbler and a banana pudding for desserts, and crushed Pecan Sandies cookies up to go with the vanilla wafers in the pudding. that oughta hold me until lunch tomorrow...:D:yummy:

moose eater

Beef and bean burrito filling is done with lots of sweet onions, red sweet pepper, some minced jalapeno, extra fresh pressed garlic, fresh organic baby spinach (not traditional, but the flavor is not really noticeable, and it adds great nutrition value) and plenty of proper traditional and not-so-traditional seasonings.

Now to get one down, then out to do an oil change on the truck, and on to digging up the spuds and harvesting a bunch of the garden that's most vulnerable to the changing weather.

I Care

had the best tasting BLT of my life this evening at the Damascus Diner. the bread had been buttered/toasted in a skillet like you might do a grilled cheese then pulled off and added lettuce, more tomato than i would have put on there, plenty mayo, and apple cured bacon. damn...:yummy::good: got butter/mayo on almost everything i was wearing, lol!

Yes man, I forget where I was but I had a BLT that was down like that and I realized that this was what all the rage about the BLT is about. I didn’t like tomato’s growing up but after I started Smoking I developed a well rounded pallet.

I bought some steak, I never look at what cut I just buy on sale if it’s tender to a touch. Some old lady showed me that in the grocery store one time and it changed my meat eating career. My new approach to making good food is come powder chicken broth seasoning(not bouillon..SEASONING) as a flap print and tenderizer. It makes every steak taste like hibachi steak.

some oyster mushrooms and half a grip or the thinnest asparagus they had at the store To throw on top with some more chicen salad seasoning.

less than 13 bones for a home cooked meal.

moose eater

Beef and bean burritos with cheddar cheese and Tapatio Sauce.

And smoked traditional Native-style sockeye salmon strips.

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

right

I'm not sure what the sushi is .One of the times I asked if they had sushi without imitation crab . They have been bringing me this . I'm not sure what type of fish. We eat a lot of buffet, so that I can get all the fruit and veggies I need for my vigorous lifestyle.
At this point they remember us .
Golden corral last night

Wtf is that Bonito or salmon flakes? I see a Philly roll too

shithawk420

Veteran
I'm not sure what the sushi is .One of the times I asked if they had sushi without imitation crab . They have been bringing me this . I'm not sure what type of fish. We eat a lot of buffet, so that I can get all the fruit and veggies I need for my vigorous lifestyle.
At this point they remember us .
Golden corral last night

normally i would stay away from most buffets in general and especially Golden Corral but i heard they might have baby backs. i might have to check that out. i dont care how gross the food is. i want my baby backs

right

The one we go to has baby back ribs . I had some last night. It's pretty good quality here in Texas. Much better.

normally i would stay away from most buffets in general and especially Golden Corral but i heard they might have baby backs. i might have to check that out. i dont care how gross the food is. i want my baby backs
We have eaten at just about every golden corral east of Michigan on the mainland.

shithawk420

Veteran
The one we go to has baby back ribs . I had some last night. It's pretty good quality here in Texas. Much better.

We have eaten at just about every golden corral east of Michigan on the mainland.
reason i say this is cause its practically viral how GC quality has gone down. ive never actually been to one but the local one by me has 2.5 out of 5 stars.like i said i dont give a fuk as long as i get all you can eat baby backs. they gonna have to kick my drunk ass out.im getting 5 plates MINIMUM! im in Davenport btw. havent been to a good restaurant yet. i miss Chicago

armedoldhippy

Veteran
especially Golden Corral
we used to go to the Golden Trough (local name, lol) and eat now and then. the steaks are ALWAYS tough, but the chicken can be superb, and when they had shrimp and ribs i filled up on those. you literally have to TRY to fuck up shrimp in my opinion. last time we went (pre-Covid) there were folks in there that had to have TWO chairs to sit on...and they got their moneys worth. :oops::look at this:

shithawk420

Veteran
we used to go to the Golden Trough (local name, lol) and eat now and then. the steaks are ALWAYS tough, but the chicken can be superb, and when they had shrimp and ribs i filled up on those. you literally have to TRY to fuck up shrimp in my opinion. last time we went (pre-Covid) there were folks in there that had to have TWO chairs to sit on...and they got their moneys worth. :oops::look at this:
ive been wanting to go there for years but i guess some people and over the years have really gave it a bad name. but like i said give me my baby backs.put enough bbq sause ill be happy as a pig in pig shit.down in GA my grandma used to like this buffet place called Ryans. yall ever been there? i cant remember the food being good at all.theres some sushi buffets by me my mom wants to go to. that sounds like a good idea but im broke

armedoldhippy

Veteran
grandma used to like this buffet place called Ryans.
we had a Ryans for years, but like many good things it came to an end. we ate there for Thanksgiving one year, it was great! we've lost five of the best places to eat here in the last few years...a couple of them, the owners got old & the kids just wanted their inheritance, not a restaurant that printed money if run well. WTF ?

shithawk420

Veteran
we had a Ryans for years, but like many good things it came to an end. we ate there for Thanksgiving one year, it was great! we've lost five of the best places to eat here in the last few years...a couple of them, the owners got old & the kids just wanted their inheritance, not a restaurant that printed money if run well. WTF ?
yeah i wasnt sure that place was still around.last time i was there was 20 years ago. YEAH! WHY CANT WE HAVE NICE THINGS!! im fricking broke and hungry and i got no chaser.i got a little vodka.might crack a can of pot roast stew open if i cant get chinese. i want Char Siu

but yeah that Famous Dave pic i posted. that brisket was great.the burnt ends and everything else was just ok. not bad. not great. but lord have mercy that fatty juicy brisket was worth it. i need to learn how to smoke

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts