What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What are you drinking?

Farmer John

Old and in the way.
Veteran
20241004_205503.jpg

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
20241004_231806.jpg

Killed a twelve pack of Jackie O's Mystic Mama with a couple buddies at work and decided to go full quality control on my traditional chocolate stout I brewed for the fall season yet again this year. .

Right, I'm glad Drinkie is doing well but please get some further blood work/testing accomplished if possible.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I have worked various breweries, I brew many styles and recipes.

I'm currently secondary fermenting mead on sour cherries and have a pale ale just mashing in.

I don't often do adjunct styles or sours and always avoid bacteria.

I'm probably not the guy to ask about brewing because of your boredom.

Let's drink!!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club

I'm currently secondary fermenting mead on sour cherries and have a pale ale just mashing in.

Let's drink!!
i had a neighbor, who brewed his own beer
his garage looked like an clean room, but his beer was amazing! and he won prizes in competitions
/he also made top notch sausages
one of the best pilsners i ever had came from his garage

PadawanWarrior

Let's drink!!
Hell ya Mustard. I still have all my brewing stuff. I'm a Pale Ale fan too. I have a decent Sierra Nevada recipe but haven't made any in awhile. I've already had a few Voodoo's tonight and have moved down to the 5.0's,
20241004_225724.jpg

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I remember back before publicly available yeast we would culture Chico or California American Pale Ale yeast from one or two sixers of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

We'd boil a pint of starter wort with DME, and after cooling it in the flask we boiled in, we would then carefully pour all six just shy of the yeast layer at the bottom of each bottle into probably three huge glasses before we'd contribute just the last swirl to the starter.

Now the local homebrew shop has dozens of strains available.

Those damn whippersnappers don't even know the struggle.

Hell... weed's legal for half of 'em now...

PadawanWarrior

I remember back before publicly available yeast we would culture Chico or California American Pale Ale yeast from one or two sixers of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

We'd boil a pint of starter wort with DME, and after cooling it in the flask we boiled in, we would then carefully pour all six just shy of the yeast layer at the bottom of each bottle into probably three huge glasses before we'd contribute just the last swirl to the starter.

Now the local homebrew shop has dozens of strains available.

Those damn whippersnappers don't even know the struggle.

Hell... weed's legal for half of 'em now...
I've done the same thing with Sierra Nevada. Culturing the live yeast. I heard they started with the 1056 Wyeast. Using that was easier and worked better for me, but both worked. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is probably my all time favorite.
WIN_20241004_23_29_58_Pro.jpg

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
That's legend for ya... I heard that Wyeast took Ken Grossman's flagship strain for their 1056... much like the legend that Chris White took St. James Gate's old (former) strain for their 004....

Whatever kudos are warranted or otherwise, we (currently) stand on the shoulders of giants.... and fabrications... but shared in mutually fermented fabrication as well, my (old) friend.

We are well met, I'll send you some brew if you're in the states... PM me man.

That shadow shading in that photo is absolutely killer, incidentally.... :D

Latest posts

Latest posts