What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Welcome to the PTSD forum.

SaveTheBrains

• The Law of Vibration.
  • The Law of Attraction.
  • The Law of Correspondence.
  • The Law of Action.
  • The Law of Cause and Effect.
  • The Law of Compensation.
  • The Law of Perpetual Transmutation of Energy.
Acceptance is the key to all my problems in the present moment and not running away.
Thanks for sharing :).

This scars are deep but we must be proud wear them, the pain, the fear, the sadness, give us new powers give a new way to see the life and the world around us.

let the wave go though you when it comes dont resist and make it stronger.

I can only agree there is no running away .

moose eater

In my past, when I'd experience severe, acute fight or flight, my mind would go blank. I would mentally freeze and couldn't figure out what to do next. Now when I experience stress, even mild to moderate stress my mind goes blank just as it did decades ago when situations were dangerous.

I'm curious to know if anyone else experiences this?

This is all I want to know. Before responding, know that if your contribution is that this is a sign of the beginnings of something more serious, stop. DON'T TYPE. Having something to obsessively worry about could put me over the edge. Thanks.
It took me close to 2 decades to get to the point that violence near me didn't initially paralyze me.

Some specific physical exercises and such had softened it a bit, but not much.

Being in a youth residential facility as a worker and intern and finding myself in the middle of adolescents with their fists flying and being in the role of the/a guy who had to intervene, there was less time to consider my 'frozenness' or resistance or my own past traumas, and I would have to intervene in as appropriate a manner as possible. No over-kill allowed.

Performing a basket hold from behind a marauding teen and getting reverse head-butted in the nose more than once, presented me with circumstances of having to repress the immediate reflexive urge, and to simply carry the little bugger away from the battle he was engaged in.

It was unpleasant, but it helped me to bust through the celling wherein I was initially paralyzed in the face of violence.

No, becoming somewhat frozen in the face of things that go way back to beyond even conscious thought/memory (sort of a 'feeling memory' that doesn't fit one unique set of conscious images) is not altogether abnormal for someone with PTSD.

Last edited: