What's new

Welcome to the isle of Misfits

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Best island ever. I wished I could live there when I first saw Rudolph as a kid. Not kidding. I felt strongly that I'd instantly belong on that island and none of the "misfit" toys that lived on the island seemed defective to me; just different.
I think lots here feel like that. That's why I like hanging on pot forums....like minded people.

Haven't a clue...

Which brings me to the Ultimate Question I ask on the evening before my birthday tomorrow.

Oh yes. I was born (on probation) in Sharon, Connecticut on a wintery night in 1940.

I've always felt responsible for WWII. I got borned, and the whole fargin world blew up.

Oh, the question (it's Boo/Tog's fault -- I am zooming) the question is: At 83, am I still the oldest, or did one-a youse bastages gain on me?
Word is you invited dirt....happy birthday Walt.

Unca Walt

420club
This ain't controversey... it is just amazing:

The largest EV charging station in the USA is powered by... diesel. :unsure: Honest! Lookit -- In California, natch:
1700606375023.png

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
This ain't controversey... it is just amazing:

The largest EV charging station in the USA is powered by... diesel. :unsure: Honest! Lookit -- In California, natch:
View attachment 18921677
Figures!

SubGirl

420club
Haven't a clue... about the "island"... I remember being shocked and annoyed by the arrival of Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer. It changed the season away from the Christmases I had known my whole life (9 years).

AAs a kid, I saw RTRNR as an interloper. And I've always disliked the song. Even when Gene Autry sang it.

Which brings me to the Ultimate Question I ask on the evening before my birthday tomorrow. (Herself is making me brownies.)

Oh yes. I was born (on probation) in Sharon, Connecticut on a wintery night in 1940.

I've always felt responsible for WWII. I got borned, and the whole fargin world blew up.

Oh, the question (it's Boo/Tog's fault -- I am zoooming) the question is:

At 83, am I still the oldest, or did one-a youse bastages gain on me? Or toss in a ringer?
83 may be young to some on this site Walt. There’s a lot of members here. I wonder if anyone has you beat.
‘Happy Birthday btw, enjoy your brownies 💕💕

Nannymouse

OMG, say what you will, we love our Tesla. Doesn't leak all over the garage floor, costs about two bux to get to the big city and back, verses old gas guzzlers, even though we were big on getting low milage vehicles. It works, even in the coldest part of the coldest of the 48. Don't need to gas up in the cold, which is a biggie for my fibro. Heats up in an instant, way faster than gas... Biggest drawback is tire wear. Even though we are a HUGE petroleum state, i'm surrounded by wind farms, so ain't got no worries! We would put up a solar farm, if the state and companies would just co-operate a bit and make it worthwhile. My fam has been in the oil field for decades, believe me, i've done a ton of 'invert riggers' wash that left me with no love of the Cannabis strains featuring 'gas'. AND, we can leave them in the dust...quietly. My younger years were fun with the muscle cars, Mustangs, AMX, Gran Torino, etc. Happily traded the gas concept for electric.

and...i'm pretty independent, as far as 'groups' go.

Not quite as seasoned as Unca Walt, but not THAT far behind. Beat mice self up a bunch with cars and horses, so body age is probably ahead of annuals.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Different strokes for different folks. Love Musk but love my truck more. Our power grid isn't ready yet. Coming but not yet.

Unca Walt

420club
While we are on the subject of guns, here is a stirring factoid that tells you the temper of the average American citizen:

In February of this year, a poll showed a staggering 42% of Americans had guns in the househole.

In a National poll this month, the "staggering" number was replaced by a missile launch:

52% of Americans now have guns! :thinking: (I'm part of the problem, just bought another .22 rifle.)

Sauce: https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pr...es-record-high-american-electorate-rcna126037

Unca Walt

420club
Different strokes for different folks. Love Musk but love my truck more. Our power grid isn't ready yet. Coming but not yet.
The problem I see is beautifully described right here:
1700649993569.png

If say, even one in twenty of those cars above are EV's, they are teetering on absolute disaster. The lights, heaters, and poorer battery performance are all at or above the upper limits of the EV's.

Three across, just three... and the entire mass of thousands of cars are nailed in position and cannot move. HOW does one get a gallon of volts to a stranded EV? HOW does the road get cleared if the EV's can no longer move and no trucks can get to them?

With gas vehicles, the pic above is a PITA, but that is all. Just a PITA traffic jam. It will unwind in its own good time... providing there are no EV's with drained batteries in the mix.

And I would have a tight pucker string if I had to drive my EV through this:
1700650650978.png

No problem with a gasoline vehicle. Possible explosion with an EV.

Now I gotta admit: This sorta harsh opinion has to have a dollop of Old Fartism in it.

Horses don't need gas, a really old fart may say. I truly believe EV's are in the same stage of development as a 1920 Hupmobile** -- sorta workable, great compared to some other stuff... but woefully short of its potential. It could become a Toyota Camry-level vehicle.

**Sooper Unca Walt Trivia: The car you see in front of the Treasury Building is a 1920 Hupmobile.
1700651485608.png

Hold yer socks up: I have been a passenger inna 1920 Hupmobile as a kid.

Last edited:

Unca Walt

420club
Hey! I have the sekrit chant! I can now send sekrit messages. So I sent this sekrit C&P to the adordbable Subbie:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, Nice Lady... Since YOU got me banned, ;-) How about telling me why?

Oh. And how do I put an avatar pic in place of the big blue U?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unca Walt

420club
This is interesting. MySonTheDoctor (always one word) is sleeping in our guest room. He flew in last night from Oregon for my birthday. When he wakes up, I'm gonna get his take on this pretty lady's eating regimen.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
This is interesting. MySonTheDoctor (always one word) is sleeping in our guest room. He flew in last night from Oregon for my birthday. When he wakes up, I'm gonna get his take on this pretty lady's eating regimen.

Swede started the carnivore diet about 3-4 months ago….i am tagging along , although I cheat , she is doing pretty good on it

she has a history of stomach problems , celiacs , Chrons type stuff , certain foods really mess her up , vomit and diarrhea the main symptoms

those symptoms have all but disappeared since she went carnivore..

I like the idea of eating a good burger or stake whenever the mood strikes me so eating meat all the time is no biggie

one of the key things about carnivore , in order to get all the vits and minerals that a human needs , one must include some organ meats in one’s diet.
we like liver , gizzards , cows tongue , and chicken hearts….so far so good

and bacon!….its all good…..i must confess though , I lay off the pork , cept bacon…Swede loves the pork ..

oh yeah Unca , Happy Birthday!🎂🎊🎉🎈🎁

SubGirl

420club
Hey! I have the sekrit chant! I can now send sekrit messages. So I sent this sekrit C&P to the adordbable Subbie:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, Nice Lady... Since YOU got me banned, ;-) How about telling me why?

Oh. And how do I put an avatar pic in place of the big blue U?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I’m glad you finally got your chant on Walt. How did you get banned?

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
I’m glad you finally got your chant on Walt. How did you get banned?

I think Unca is on a break…lol…

I sent him a PM and explained the situation to him so now he should be all caught up

i can’t believe they banned Unca Walt…unbelievable

I predict that they will soon start eating one another and then the rats will begin to jump ship..

I hope not , but i have seen this scene play out a few times over the years

SubGirl

420club

I lost a lot of weight on the all meat and cheese diet from atkins once. There was a giant lady at work she worked in the tech librar she was extreamly overweight. She lost enough weight on it for me to try it for the 15 pounds I was trying to lose. In just a month I lost my weight. The carbs are the poisons that cause most health problems. We eat mostly veggies and rice with meat almost everyday. It keeps us pretty healthy but I do love my carbs still…