What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Weedhoppers thread,,all are welcome.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These days I mostly drive my car and ride my recumbent stationary bike, but was a bicycle and cycle rider for years, so I understand both sides of the conundrum. I even have some permanent neck and shoulder injuries to show for it.

Sadly, hostility is an emotion so it is folly for either side to believe they can dictate what should reasonably give the other hostile feelings. What you see is what you get!

If we can agree that we have obnoxious "Lycra clad roadies" extremist stirring the pot, can we agree that that the ones in cars stirring the pot are also mostly extremist, making it an issue with the fringe elements actions affecting all of us?

Clearly the bike riders need safe passage and the car drivers need reasonable unimpeded passage for there to not be a conflict.

Instead of passing more laws to ignore, I believe that the best any of us can do is be an example of what we preach, so I treat both car and bike riders with respect and give them as wide a berth as possible!

I can't say either always return the courtesy.

Last edited:

Weedhopper

that's all we ask...and i do agree that the lycra clad roadies are obnoxious but it's still no reason for hostility from drivers...frankly i find their behavior to be unproductive and annoying as well,they just make it harder for those of us using bikes as transportation to make it from point a to b without having run ins with hostile drivers
Ppl are fking crazy nowadays brother. I've been in two bad wrecks because of assholes in cars. One of them took off when he seen my Colors on my vest and how pissed I was. Fking prick, I just wanted his insurance papers,,,kinda.😡

Weedhopper

FB_IMG_1722778051364.jpg
FB_IMG_1722778043402.jpg
FB_IMG_1722770750178.jpg