What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Weed Wars: New show on Discovery

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Of course Steve is going to be against total legalization- Wouldn't that pretty much put him out of business?

Does it matter? How immoral must one be to cage his neighbors just so he can make a dime?

Legalizing cannabis will take almost all the money out of it for almost all the growers on this site, even so most here decry prohibition and seek cannabis freedom.

Freedom is the only answer,
:joint:

G

guest8905

i agree and disagree hydro, respectfully

imo the industry is going the way of the wine industry. Small vinters vs huge mega wine producers, both have there place and their share of a huge market

i feel it will be no diff for us

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
i agree and disagree hydro, respectfully

imo the industry is going the way of the wine industry. Small vinters vs huge mega wine producers, both have there place and their share of a huge market

i feel it will be no diff for us

Well if you love the plant more than the money then you might be around in the same way high quality small wineries are doing nice business HOWEVER if you are just one of many bath tub gin makers once prohibition ends so will your growing.

In any event the quality of cannabis is getting better each year, the plant is winning.

:joint:

salamandra

I think the same rules that apply to tomatoes and lettuces should also apply to the ganja. If you grow for your self... do pretty much what you please to it. If you grow commercially... agricultural regulations should apply, in order to produce a safe and salable crop!

That way, everybody stays happy, even the government. Don't forget, not everybody can grow its own. There will always be a market for cannabis. :tiphat:

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
even if the market bottoms out in the event of legalization I'd still love working full time with the plant, even if its just enough to pay the bills and get by.

I

Iron_Lion

So is this show cancelled already? I havent seen in on the last week or 2.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Season 1 is only 4 episodes. Doubtful if there'll be a season 2, I couldn't find anything verifying one way or the other.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
Watched all 4 episodes. Can't say it was very enlightening.

It is ok to consume MJ for 'wellness' but not ok for 'recreation.'
Judging from the series there is a blurry line between the two as most of the staff of the center were 'consuming' on a daily basis for 'wellness' purposes.

However it did make me want to work for the HMC!

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
It's not the reason the show was cancelled (the show wasn't cancelled), but the accusation was made. HERE is a link to the story.

RetroGrow

Veteran
The show was a 4 hour commercial for Harborside, nothing more.
All the hypocrites pretending to be "medicating", when in reality what they are doing is getting wasted, but heaven forbid that they actually call it what it is: getting stoned. Nope, got to be politically correct and call it "medicating".
"Nope, we're not getting stoned, we're medicating".
Please, give me a break. The one sales guy who worked there, I've forgotten his name, but it was the black guy working behind the counter. He was eating "space cakes" like there was no tomorrow. You could readily see that not only was he blitzed, but he was impaired.
And that nonsense from Steve about "it's ok to consume MJ for "wellness" but not ok for "recreation", well...that's just about the height of hypocrisy. The man's a salesman, not a freedom fighter, and I seriously doubt he was getting stoned for medical reasons.
I do not dispute that cannabis has legitimate medical uses, however, these dudes are into getting high. Nothing wrong with that, but calling it something else is a joke.

castout

Veteran
And they don't know shit about growing......they actually claim that to get high CBD weed, you just overripen the bud, thereby decreasing THC and increasing CBD. Misinformation is such a pain in the butt!!!! But plain stupidity, is unaccepatble!!

well I have over ripe buds on plants I am regenerating (does anyone even do that anymore?). What do they have to offer if not CBD? Anything? Anything at all? I am hoping...

Latest posts

Latest posts