What's new

We grow vegetable gardens too! Post your Garden pics here

xtsho

Tayberries and some raspberries behind and on the right. Tayberries are a cross between a raspberry and a blackberry. It sounded neat years ago when I bought the plants but both straight raspberries and blackberries are better than this hybrid in my opinion. I wish I had planted something else like Marionberries or more raspberries. Now I can't bring myself to tear them out.

tayberry06232024.jpg

The blueberries are doing good. They went on a growth spurt from much better light after I cut down the disease ridden peach tree that I had been trying to save for years. It just got decimated with peach leaf curl. I sprayed everything you could throw at it to no avail. I finally broke out the ladder and the saw. All that's left is the trunk which I'm going to hang a couple bird feeders from

They need a good trimming. I didn't get to it at the right time this year so had to be postponed until next year..

blueberry06232024.jpg

oldmaninbc

Picked about a gallon of peas this morning from one of the spots I planted them in. This spot is done. Gonna give a couple days for the stragglers then rip them out and plant something else. We had a couple 90 degree days that finished them off. I have a couple spots where I started some later and the heat didn't affect the younger plants. Now that we're cooling off and will be in the mid 70°f range for awhile those should make it to harvest before it heats back up again.

View attachment 19021911

I grow lettuce in small nursery pots of coco off the ground. It keeps the slugs and many other pests away. It keeps the lettuce clean except for a few needles that fall from the fir trees in the back.

View attachment 19021915

Potatoes The tall ones are Yukon gold and the shorter ones are russets. The russets were store bought potatoes that sprouted and the Yukon's are from seed potato I bought at a nursery and were planted quite a bit after the russets. They sure grew fast. I carefully dug around next to one of the russets and found some decent sized potatoes. But they have awhile to go unless I dig some baby potatoes which I just might do.

View attachment 19021916

Pole beans I call this my Bean Machine.

View attachment 19021917

Bush beans, rutabagas, beets, and cilantro. The beets are getting buried by the beans. I planted things much too close. I let the cilantro go to seed each year and harvest the coriander seeds for culinary purposes.

View attachment 19021918
That is a well tended garden. Great job.

oldmaninbc

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with the plant in the center of the photo. I would like to correct the problem. I am not familiar with growing bulbs, someone gave my wife a couple of bulbs.

The solar light you see in the photo does not come on because the yard light at night is too bright.
1719516269867.jpeg

oldmaninbc

What species of plant is it?
My wife told she thinks it's a lily but I have no idea. She was visiting a friend and one of their neighbors asked if she would like a couple of bulbs, that's all I know. I don't usually have problems in my garden, however, I have never grown a plant from a bulb. So I am at a loss for a correction.