What's new

We grow vegetable gardens too! Post your Garden pics here

20220806_164114.jpg
20220806_172640-2.jpg
20220806_172659.jpg

St. Phatty

I sprayed Crossbow, to get rid of the Blackberry.

About 6 days ago.

Do you think that will be enough, or will I have to spray it again ?

This garden area is about 6 x 20 feet.

I have a bunch of Creeping Myrtle in pots - but I don't want the Crossbow residues to hurt the Creeping Myrtle.

Then after a winter of rain I should be able to plant vegies here.

Attachments

• IMG_20190329_170854_0_BBerry.jpg
    IMG_20190329_170854_0_BBerry.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 67

Rico Swazi

Rico Swazi that is an excellent picture of seedlings. If a person was to buy 105 cannabis seeds in various packs I don't think they would get anywhere near that germination rate.

You a veggie seed saver by chance? You mentioned 105 cannabis seeds. This week I'm working on beets. Highest germ rates with all seeds happen with quality control IME. Carefully selecting seeds is paramount to success and doubtful in the cannabis industry is that kind of scrutiny. Hence poor germ rates. Seed starting medium is right up there with seed selection. Only the best will do.

That scrutiny of seed and the sifted matured horse manure vermicompost shown below seems to enable my success so I'll stick with what works for me. Thanks for the compliment. Time consuming work pays off.

Detroit dark red beet  seeds 1-7-23.jpg

sifted  mature horse manure pet replacement.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats great you can clone pineapples like that! Is it a low light plant through the winter months and you can just put it out when the weather gets nice in the spring? That would be a fun houseplant! Looks Kind of like a yucca.

Have a garden I have been making bigger and bigger, which is now 100' x 40'. Only ran about half of it last year and did pretty well. Got lots of good tomatoes out of the 4 rows, green beans, potatoes, and a few onions.

Just do it to have fun and get experience more or less. I focus on the medicine garden the most! Need to try to make more time for the garden. If I can manage the garden well and get good yields, a lot of my customers have said they would fresh veggies, so there is demand and I have a plug into the market through my landscape work.

This past spring we got a New Holland 4 wheel drive tractor with a bucket and several implements including a 6' roto-tiller! Much easier and faster to till than when I used to use the 22 inch tiller to open it up! I also have a mini-cultivator attachment for my string trimmer that can be used for weeding. Still nothing works like a good old fashioned garden hoe!

full

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most people would have chopped her head. Bless your heart! Did she not get defensive? Guess she was keeping an eye on the pests in the garden for you! Cool stuff, thanks for sharing that!

I had to mow around a snapping turtle last summer.

Did the mother go away after laying them?

Three Berries

Most people would have chopped her head. Bless your heart! Did she not get defensive? Guess she was keeping an eye on the pests in the garden for you! Cool stuff, thanks for sharing that!

She would show her defense if you got very close. Took 5 hours. You can usually see the tracks they leave in the dew on the grass in the morning when they lay their eggs Caught a different kind laying in the flower bed one year. Usually see one somewhere once a year in the early summer laying eggs.

Even small they put on a show.....

Arr2.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts