What's new

washing your buds???

bibi40

If you are growing outdoor and you don't rinse your buds, you are smoking a lot of other "stuff". Spider webs, hair/fur, random bits of tree that landed on your plants, bird poop, bug poop. And anybody who says they grow clean outdoor plants, well rinse them off and look at that bucket and then tell me they were "clean" :D Indoor is completely different, but outdoor, just being in nature is inherently dirty.

For sure ,
but that' s giving all the good taste ? no :laughing:
We like organics :biggrin:

( it' s a joke , never try to wash it , much afraid by mold rather bugs or their shit )

:tiphat:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Yes - that is a point - the weather can be quite punishing to outdoor plants - but generally they are quite resilient - and survive - so maybe they would survive a jet-wash - without having too much flower/trichome disturbance? - Hmmm - I wonder at what pressure the buds/trichs would start to break up? -
i had some go through a category 5 cyclone ,
they looked like they had been through a washing machine ,
pretty sure they were washed anyhow ,, hehehe ..

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Don’t fear the water! Hang em after the wash just like normal. They drip dry within a few hours. It’s nothing new really at that point. Like a harvest after a good rain. Buds look great after the dip.

I believe that Doc got the idea from Jorge Cervantes and his PM peroxide wash. He borrowed it and added the concept of a general wash.
yep i remember seeing jorge do that ,
but id still be a hose them off carefully before pulling them out ,
and allow them to dry first ,
get a bit of sun etc ,
old habits are hard to break i guess ,

plus i never noted excessive dust or dirt on my plants ,
im a clean grower mf , lol ...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
If you are growing outdoor and you don't rinse your buds, you are smoking a lot of other "stuff". Spider webs, hair/fur, random bits of tree that landed on your plants, bird poop, bug poop. And anybody who says they grow clean outdoor plants, well rinse them off and look at that bucket and then tell me they were "clean" :D Indoor is completely different, but outdoor, just being in nature is inherently dirty.
some peoples house are as dirty as my yard ,:biggrin:
im sure being indoor doesnt mean they are clean and free of bugs,
perhaps less chance of it , but id reckon not always totally clean ,

and you should see the bugs on some peoples grows indoor ,
the mites make colonies , free from the elements of the outdoors and they thrive ....

Drewsif

Dust? Foliar dust? I've never seen a dusty crop except near chat gravel roads. Seems most natural levels of airborn minerals and gases are absorbed. Not in the city though, city dust is muffler and tire dust.. I think that's whats fucked up with city folk honestly, that coating of highway dust over everything..

Best weed I ever smoked had cat hairs. Every time. I love cats, so who cares right. Second best had mites. Thats what thumbnails are for, to pick out web.

Sweater fuzz, the biggest home grower issue, can't be simply washed out when it was dropped on week 4 of flower.. Dont wear sweaters just go naked pubes are much easier to pull out of bud than imbedded Christmas sweater.

Water washing turns all smoke into hay, essentially. Some people think flavor is harsh. Some people live in an apartment building, i get that.. But I washed a Kosher once and it just made me crave unwashed Kosher so damn bad.

Peroxide is an oxidizer. How you gonna fix that? Brovida? A freezer? Kid yourself and find dumbass customers?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
So they spent 4 months, outside, in the elements, getting rained on a bunch, sometimes for an hour or longer, and it's me, dunking them in water when I cut them down and letting them drip dry that makes it smell like hay? Really? You don't think it's maybe an improper cure? And you realize 30% of your atmosphere is oxygen, also known as a great oxidizer. Not counting the trace o2, ozone, which is a super, duper oxidizer. Me dipping my bud in h2o2 is the gentlest thing that happens to it all grow :D

Americangrower

Veteran
I have never washed them before but I think I will try it next time. My understanding is to make sure water is hot as to not knock trichs off. I think I will go with a double dunk 1 with a touch of h2o2 the a final rinse just hot water.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I dunno... I'm all down for evolving.. Dude has a sales pitch...

I believe in the stress normally leads to becoming resistant, and strong kinda philosophy.... but.. I'm also into the evolving, and being smart enough as humans to always question tradition, and the normal standard of living so we can improve as a intelligent species... This sounds at least worth a try... All the fat loot is fat soluable, we're just playing with water.

Americangrower

Veteran
I'm going to do it because I know things like perlite dust and lime dust most likely are getting suck up by intake and landing on buds. Plus dog/cat hair and the occasional flies

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Try this out. Put a cup, plate, or whatever next to your plants and just leave it there for four months. See if you feel the same way. :biggrin:
i might give it a go mf ,
often mine are under cloth , which i reckon cuts down dust ,
and i keep my pants on , so no pubic hairs ,, :biggrin: ,

maybe dunk a bud and then have a non dunked one to sample could be the go .. ill give it a whirl in the future just for curiosity ...

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Going with the good misting a week or so before cutting and looking for a couple good dry days coming up. For me, careful handling from cut to hanging is important. That toilet plunger thing with the buckets..... moba

MedFaced

I have never washed them before but I think I will try it next time. My understanding is to make sure water is hot as to not knock trichs off. I think I will go with a double dunk 1 with a touch of h2o2 the a final rinse just hot water.

No hot water brotha. That CAN mess with your trichs. Cold or warm water. If using H2o2 that should be in the first dunk. Last dip is to rinse everything off.

I use 1 five gallon bucket with baking soda and lemon juice, then two separate rinse buckets with pure water.

This guy just uses two tubs but it’s still a good tutorial.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wqGQ1JzrBA

Same dude. More detailed example—longer vid

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa1rgo_IEzc