What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

High Grade Vintage Cannabis photography

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Id like to see vintage homegrown pictures. Who's got some backyard bud pics from the 70's ?.

I have these posted earlier in this thread, but here they are again at your request. From the High Times Mailbag.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
As soon as I can get some old photos scanned, I'll post a few pics of what my best buddies were growing near the NY Catskills in '74 and '75...

I just have to remember to take 'em somewhere to scan 'em...

wh1p3dm34t

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
They sold their ruderalis indica with that picture for a long time. I was very much influenced by it as I previously had no idea that (what i thought tropical) cannabis plant could procreate so far north. I need that as a poster!

hehe that s a hungarian roadside from the late '80s

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
hehe that s a hungarian roadside from the late '80s

I traveled there in the late 2000's to see that roadside for myself. The plant is still everywhere and not just in Hungary. Pretty much from the east of the Alps to the Pacific :laughing:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I live way out in the country these days and just went into town yesterday morning to do errands..Might be 5 of 6 days before I go back and try to get those old pictures scanned..

Maybe I'll try to take a digital picture of those old photos and see if that works...

Meanwhile.....

High Times advert The Seed Bank 1987

Should I feel vintage, as that was my first issue of HT? I don’t think I am old, although my ears are going a little gray.

SSSC advert HT 1986

I have a hard time thinking of 1987 as vintage too, as I was already in my mid 30's then..
But I realize 1987 is vintage to a lot of people...

In '87 I was living fairly far back in the Florida Everglades...
Pot was really easy to grow there as far as nature was concerned..
But for the grower it was hard work with the heat and humidity and all the pot-spotter planes they had flying around then..

I picked up a copy of High Times that summer... I hadn't bought one in almost 10 years..
They had an article saying that they wanted people to send in stories for their "Harvest Issue" to come out in December..

I wrote them a letter and they published it!
I bought the December '87 "Harvest Report" issue and saved it...
I'd been using my "Bud Green" handle since around 1982...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I can't believe nowadays that I use to think 9 oz. per plant was good!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
I live way out in the country these days and just went into town yesterday morning to do errands..Might be 5 of 6 days before I go back and try to get those old pictures scanned..

Maybe I'll try to take a digital picture of those old photos and see if that works...

Meanwhile.....

I have a hard time thinking of 1987 as vintage too, as I was already in my mid 30's then..
But I realize 1987 is vintage to a lot of people...

In '87 I was living fairly far back in the Florida Everglades...
Pot was really easy to grow there as far as nature was concerned..
But for the grower it was hard work with the heat and humidity and all the pot-spotter planes they had flying around then..

I picked up a copy of High Times that summer... I hadn't bought one in almost 10 years..
They had an article saying that they wanted people to send in stories for their "Harvest Issue" to come out in December..

I wrote them a letter and they published it!
I bought the December '87 "Harvest Report" issue and saved it...
I'd been using my "Bud Green" handle since around 1982...

View Image
View Image
View Image

I can't believe nowadays that I use to think 6 to 9 oz. per plant was good!

holly shit bud, i might have that issue from back in the day!
i remember the harmonic convergence story and the cartoon ace drew about it
i also remember the creeping pot of maine story, they called it northumbrian or something like that
a piece of counter culture history right there man!

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
hey bud how does the quality of scanned pics come out. i been wondering if there was a way to do that with old photos. somone close to me was big in the hash game in 70s alotta cool pics i gotta figure how to transfer

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Try taking pics of pics. The quality is better in most cases than scanning. If your using a good img and scanner it will work fine