What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Vietnamese Cannabis Seeds

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
vietnamese pheno of bandaid haze x black vietnamese.

full

cotienxanh

YES... i say in vietnam if you know someone know someone you still have pure vietnamese genetic... look at this video its make me sad and happy at same time know vietnamese is'n gone... all vietnamese sativa goddess...some plant look like peach-tree lol

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran

YES... i say in vietnam if you know someone know someone you still have pure vietnamese genetic... look at this video its make me sad and happy at same time know vietnamese is'n gone... all vietnamese sativa goddess...some plant look like peach-tree lol

Can't watch it, not available in my country 😫🤌

elchischas

Veteran

As far i know there's still a Lot of pure Vietnamese pure strains out there
Just not available for the Foreigners
It happens in all the countries
The old ones still there but just on very small private crops for the locals.

Btw no ones can see the freaking vídeo

polarlynx

Damn all this talking just made me sprout a few old Vietnam Black seeds, I've put 12 to germinate but only 7 sprouted so far, they should be at least 10-12 year old so I guess i've been quite lucky this time! :biggrin:

DSC_4784.jpg

Time for a late-season seed run and some crosses I guess! I'll post pictures.

This were the parents of that batch:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Looking pretty nice so far...
My babies!

:love:
Hey bro... from the 8 females I tested I ended a bit dissapointed in terms of potency and effect after reading all those internet rambling about the legendray strain, maybe that made have big expectations. But smell wasn't outstanding either in most plants. Only one had a nice tropical smell but the rest were quite soft in terms of smell, spicy and woody but nothing remarkable or special, I couldn't really say "wow, so that's how the Nam Black smells!" (something that happened before with many other strains).

I was expecting a nice sativa high anyway and decent potency but the strain smoked just like any other decent SE Asian imported bagseed. In fact they resembled a bit to the Philippines Sagada landrace I grew some years ago and she had a strong character too. The smell was more pungent and fruity on this one.

Anyway, potency was quite soft in most females but two of them. From those females, one was a bit relaxing (chilled zen style high) and the other was the only interesting plant in my opinion. The effect was clear and electric, very giggly and active but potency wasn't extreme either. It was quite clean at least.

I definitely prefer the Lamsbread Jamaican I grew side by side with those. This one had such a loud smell and outstanding effect. So actually I'm looking forward to see how performs the Jamaican X Vietnamese F1 cross that I did but I guess I'll move on into the next preservation project. I have some other old Vietnamese seeds from Green Hornet seedbank but I doubt they will even sprout.

In the case of the renowned Vietnamese Black from Dutch Flowers, the strain needs some serious love and selecting higher numbers for decent expressions. Good thing is that there is a lot of variation and potential for those who are willing to work on her. Otherwise, it's just a big name and a raw diamond that needs to be polished. I remember reading similar reports from ACE in the past.

The more of this legendary strains I grow and test, the more I understand they are just strains like any other else and many times the hype and the legend behind them is much bigger than the strains themselves. Or maybe it's that I'm getting to picky with sativas! lol. But I don't really have the time or space to spend years working or improving a strain if the first time that I grow or smoke them, they don't really ring a bell or click something on me. It needs to be love at the first sight, you know?

Vibes.:tiphat:

To be precise Mustafunk, charlie got the seeds from old CannabisWorld auctions and he sent me the seeds (thanks kaiki).

I did the Vietnam Black selection and found a very nice female outdoors in 2003. Here are some pics (sorry for the quality).

Vietnam Black line was indeed quite variable and you can find many poor and mediocre plants, hermies too, but there are also very special plants to be found in the line.
Well summed up. I had multiple phenos, big variety. @Mustafunk & @dubi says it all, needs work and big accessions to find to the great stuff. Pretty and interesting, but often not so potent. I should test some to see if the 2007 batch is viable still...

1728456391922.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts