What's new

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
paulo, RD, thanks! yes i love seeing the plants so healthy - although its hard dealing with that amount of stretch/growth - especially with the Blueberry
fortunately she's worth it though ;)

i'll be swapping the bulb to hps and top-dressing with some EWC on tuesday. (at 3 weeks in)

VG

jus'plain'gill

I had been growing for a few years prior to seeing this thread, prior to joining this website even. This thread, however, has given me renewed vigor in how I approach my grow. Thank you VG for compelling me to grow better and better, always. Keep it up... high

.JPG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the kind words guys

---

things are coming along nicely and i'll post some pics next week when we will be 4 weeks in.
i plan to make some seeds too - the Blueberry and shark ill cross to both Cherrybomb and haze pollen that i (hopefully) have in the freezer.
ive also bought some colloidal silver and (in the future) plan to make some S1's of the bubba and perhaps the shark1 cut too. maybe some fem crosses too if all goes well.

i'll also probably be asking for my thread to be un-stickied soon - because although its very flattering, i kind of like the 'safety in numbers' of posting my grow here and dont really want to have the thread set apart for any reason. paranoid i know - but over the years ive found a bit of paranoia can help keep you out of trouble. ;)
feel free to subscribe if you want to keep up with the updates :D

VG

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
MMm that sounds great man.
Your Blueberry looks very sativa and I bet it will combine awesome with the haze :blowbubbles:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheers g0v. i checked the freezer and i do have some haze pollen still

---

dusted one Bb and one shark1 with cherry bomb pollen today at 4 weeks in
took a quick snap of the Blueberry - im calling this 'pistils at dawn' you can see how stretch converts to yield as long as the internodals stay reasonably short
picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
killerweed, nameless, mitch - thanks guys :thank you:

---

got some pics today - we are at a day over 4 weeks, and i dusted a bud on the tall shark and tall Bb with haze pollen today.

i wanted to show you a pic of the Bb bud i dusted yesterday, already you can see that the pistils are starting to wither at the very ends - this is what you need to look for as the first signs of successful pollination (fingers crossed)
picture.php

i need to get a different light bulb in my loft because this one is quite warm and makes the plants look yellow where it is shining on them
the (comparatively) short Bb
picture.php

and the tall blueberry
side
picture.php

picture.php

and the tall shark - as you can see, the tall plants i've let grow so as the canopy is more of a 1 sided stadium in order that i can fit them under the light
picture.php

and the short shark - actually is fairly short...
picture.php

side
picture.php

i released a dozen or so jumping spiders into my cabs yesterday as a biological control (check the thread in the organic forum). there are a few gnats around for them to eat and maybe a few mites - but tbh i havent seen any sign of mites since the last round - i sprayed the young plants and mums with SMC and also a general gardening product called scotts bug clear for fruit and veg. both are based on oil and seem to be effective - but of course the bug clear is much cheeper...

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheers killerweed!

looks like the haze pollen has taken too so im happy about that.
swapped the blue t5's for red ones to help finish out the flowering. the buds are too close to the t5's to put UV ones in there as they would damage the plants which is a shame.
anyway its all going well - long may it continue...

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks paulo!

nameless - i found the jumping spiders in the garden (although its starting to get a bit cold now)
there is a thread in the organic soil forum all about the. - and some other good threads about biological controls.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just over 5 weeks in now and the cab is looking pretty dense. not the most even canopy - the two Blueberry on the left are set as low as they can go - with the 2 shark1's on the right. the shark1 a the back is more or less hidden behind the front one at this angle.
picture.php

VG

M

mugenbao

I think you've finally convinced me to turn my spare small cab into a modular scrog cab instead :D

I'm very impressed, Verdant! :respect:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheers scrogger!

mugenbago - thanks, yeah the modscrog is a god way of keeping the plants in their allotted space and allows quite a bit of 'wiggle room' when you are trying new strains and multi strain grows. in a regular 'bush' grow, those two blueberries would have over-run the cab for sure at the expense of the other plants.

VG