What's new

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the kind words guys!, and thanks to Ganja hasi and von for making me a sticky!

this round is coming to an end, although i'll try and post a few more pics. the bubba came down on tuesday at a shade over 9 weeks and as you can see from the last pic it finished very nicely. the c4d 4 and mmg plants will get chopped over the next couple of weeks. not sure when the haze will go, its expanding steadily but it'll never be a really good screen. its getting a few mites now too.

i just potted up the cuttings for the next round. i'm intending to do a side by side with the (recycled and re-amended) new soil based on aged pine bark against my old soil mix (with the perlite replaced by molar clay). i have two plants of my blueberry cut and 2 plants of my shark1 cut for the round - should be interesting i hope.

cheers

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
right, couple of pics as promised - these are both at 9.5 weeks and looking like they will yield well. the mmg looks pretty much ready and will be down next week for sure.
picture.php

and the c4d 4 pheno (herbalizer's cut) probably needs another week after that. great chemmy smell on this one
picture.php

cheers

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Habel, Rudedog, hobbygrower - thanks for the kind words :tiphat:

the MMG came down today and looked like a pretty weighty harvest, the Bubba is dry and almost ready for a weigh-in... the bubba x DC cross ony yielded 1 seed! i think i used pollen which had already been taken from the freezer a couple of times. im thinking of popping this seed and hoping for a male and then back-crossing....

and so we are down to 2 plants, the C4D4 is looking pretty much ready and will come down within the week. pretty untidy looking now as some of the stems have collapsed but looking like a good pull of buds to me...
picture.php

you can see that the use of a MH lamp in the first 3 weeks of flower makes for better internodals
picture.php

and the haze, this has done OK but defo the worst screen fill ive ever had - however i was flying blind as to how much this would stretch on 12/12 and at least ive learned that it could take a week or two veg next time - and there defo will be a next time for this as its some great smoke...
picture.php

the new run of plants should be ready to go in next week. i need to mix up some new (old) soil and then re-amend the new soil that was used for this run...

cheers

VG

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
That C4D4 looks great VG. Remind me a little of your CB because of some pink hues I see.
Hope you have enough haze till your next run :p

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey herb i think you'll like it, its a pretty old cut and well selected (hopefully well grown too ;) )

g0v - it may get a little short of haze - but i'll get some decent smoke off this one, just not a great deal - shame because i swear i can get a good yield out of this cut, the first harvest under LED was very promising.

dudesome - thanks, i think :D (but no thanks) :)

---

im happy to say that the yield on the bubba was 53g! - not much short of 2 oz which is tbh more than i expected for this cut - ive pulled nearly twice that off plants before but the quality of the bubba is out of this world for me, its defo one of my top 5 favorite ever strains so if i can get approaching 1g/watt then thats superb news. i only got half that off a Deep chunk i scrogged in there so im very happy because the bubba p1sses all over the DC imo - although if you grew out a lot of DC you may find something just as good...

soil all mixed for the side by side next run - i decided to use my exact old mix, perlite and all, for the comparison with the new pine bark based one...

VG

hazy

Veteran
congrats on getting your thread stickied VG. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
And the Mod Scrog deserves it. I tried a couple plants using your style and they did very well. I'll be running mod scrogs on some strains regularly. Great for diesel.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks hazy!, tbh your diary was one of the things that inspired me to do a grow show, and ive been surprised and flattered by the amount of attention it gets - especially as its probably closer to a micro grow than a proper one :)
yeah i found the diesel a good scrogger as it readily lets sideshoots turn into their own colas. the modscrogs do keep things under control and makes the plants stay in their own allotted space - as well as maximising yields.

---

the growing medium comparison is underway - i have 2 blueberry clones and 2 shark1 clones (i chose these because ive run them plenty of times and know them well)
theyve been potted up into seed/cutting mix for a week and today i repotted one of each into my old soil mix and one of each into the new bark based mix. atm they are in 2.5 litre pots and in a week or so they will go into smart pots and veg for a week in the big cab before flowering. i'll get some photos next week and post up both of the soil mixes.

cheers

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks Dubstar!

---

i went through and cataloged my seeds yesterday. didnt realise i had so many. Here are the ones ive made over the last year or two

DCq x DCq
DC4
DC5
DC6
DC3
DCq x DC
Northern Lights x DC
Shark1 x Herijuana
BB x Flo
SourDog1 x haze
SourDog2 x haze
Black Forrest f2
Sourdog1 f2
SourDog2 f2
Sour D x CB
Power Plant x Geurilla Gold
BB x DC
MLI f2
GG2
UK Cheese x Black Forrest
Power Plant x Black Forrest
Power Black f2 (pp pheno)
Power Black f2 (sat pheno)
CB (purple pistil)
CB (green pheno herm)
Shark1 x DC
Lemon Thai x DC
Lemon Thai2 x DC
Arjans Haze 3 x MLI
Shark1 x Black Forrest
Haze3
Haze6 (fat one)
Congo x GG?
Kentish Crème x DC
ECSD cc x CB
Lemon Thai4herm x DC
Cherryjuana (Herijuana x CB)
Chem D x CB
Casey Jones x CB

i also have just as many that i have bought or traded!

sadly i havent grown too many of them out yet, but i know the time will come when i have to stop growing perpetually in the cab, and at that point i guess i'll have to stop keeping mothers too. my hope is that i have the genetics backed up and some interesting crosses to go through.

VG :tiphat:

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
I bet that Cheese Forrest is awesome, so does all those CB crosses.
Always wanted to try Herijuana too.
Nice sounding strains VG ! {;

Last edited:

Strapped

VG, I just wanted to thank you over on your thread for the badass info I've gathered here. I couldn't have done it without and I will readily admit I stole your grow style lol. Today's day 35 of 12/12 for my girls, it's my first grow, and I am ridiculously happy with how it's going. Genetics have a lot to do with it of course ;) ,but I feel like this thread and info from the organic forum are the main reason it's going so well.

:respect:

M

mugenbao

I agree with the above posters... I found this thread fairly soon after finding icmag, and have been a regular lurker since. It's one of my favorite threads, and I've learned a lot and really enjoyed the read.

:respect:

Latest posts

Latest posts