What's new

Vaporing vs smoking and the effect it has on you

Ringodoggie

Premium user
From what I understand, cannabis smoke contains the carcinogenic constituents in their precursor form but it does not have the enzymes required to activate them.

And, further, the carcinogenic constituents in cannabis are encapsulated to preclude the activation by foreign enzymes.

At least that's the way I understand the research I have read.

So, even though cannabis smoke does contain carcinogenic constituents, it does not contribute to cancer.

YMMV bit that's the way I understood it.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
At least that's the way I understand the research I have read.
we must have read the same research papers. one said that out of three groups of people that smoked cannabis, tobacco, or both, that the group that smoked both cigarettes AND cannabis had virtually the same rate of cancer cases as those only smoking cannabis, suggesting strongly that cannbis use protected the lungs. :unsure:

DanGrace

I've had similar experiences—sometimes a strain hits perfectly in a vape but falls flat in a joint, or vice versa. From what I've read, it's all about how the cannabinoids and terpenes react to heat. Vaping tends to extract flavors and effects more cleanly, while smoking involves combustion, which can alter the taste and effects. Personally, when I'm exploring new strains, I like to check out bongs online shop—they've got a good range to compare and find what works best for each method.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
while smoking involves combustion, which can alter the taste and effects.
the change in flavor as a joint turns into a roach is regrettable, which is largely responsible for my habit of smoking one-hit bowls...it's not just cannabis that is affected either, as my experience with better cigars shows me. about a third of the way in, a good cigar beging to change flavor, and not for the better either. i'm thinking of cutting one into thirds to try to keep flavr where i want it longer. i had a health teacher (RIP, Bill) in school that i never saw without a cigar (well, not in school. we both bowled a LOT) but if he ever lit one, i never saw it. hmmm :unsure: