What's new

using Magnets on your plants

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been playing with various magnetic elements fr hydro. My newest version uses 2 neodymium magnets in repulse mode, each attached to a ~ 1" thick nut creating an energy vortex between them. The 1/2" feed tubes go through them to and from the rez to the tote.

Note the pic shows one mag set up feeding each tote individually from the same rez. Plants are fed from a timer every 1-5 hours, depending on stage of growth.

Brain fart: I should move one to the recirculating system so nutes are being energized 24/7

This frees up the second mag set for the small plants finishing in another tent, though it will be on just the feeder tube, unless I add a recir pump there, too.

Yep, had another pump and all the tubing and fittings on hand. Be interesting to see what effect mag/flooming 24/7 might have on bud volume

Nutes are recirculated via a separate 160 gph pump into a funnel with glass marbles. Nutes then fall/recirculating back into the rez.

These are reveg plants that I recently harvested under Amare Technologies Hi-Intensity LEDs

View attachment 314617 View attachment 314618 View attachment 314619

2dialed

what do u guy's think of structured water devices from clayton nolte, dan winters and mickeal lund? the double vortex implosion device dan winters makes has some pretty big magnets installed

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
what do u guy's think of structured water devices from clayton nolte, dan winters and mickeal lund? the double vortex implosion device dan winters makes has some pretty big magnets installed

I like them but as you know they are pricey

You can YT for various DIY alternatives

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys long time i ordered some of these thinking of making my own vortex

http://www.ebay.tv/sch/i.html?_sop=12&_nkw=tornado+tube&_frs=1

I have the original version of this to which I added more neo magnets

https://www.quantumbalancing.com/vortex_magnetizer.htm

First I run RO water (+ added minerals) through my DIY converted 1 liter btl (I cut a hole in the bottom, put a small net pot down by the upside down throat and mixed ~ 50 @ 1" marbles with a few semi-precious stones. I run the water through ~ 3-5 times: 3 times when filling my 1.5 liter bottles for the frig in a blue cobalt glass bottle

Seems the water

1. Must cavitate like in a fast moving stream
2. needs to pass 3+ times to properly restructure

2dialed

I like them but as you know they are pricey

You can YT for various DIY alternatives

I've seen some video from realverbs where he broke one pulling on the hose so he opened it up, didn't seem like there was many balls in there and couldn't tell if they were machined or molded. I think the model he broke was the clayton nolte one for 129$. there's another vid of a bigger model of clayton's unit used on commercial strawberries in port huenme ca that for me looks very good or more convincing

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've seen some video from realverbs where he broke one pulling on the hose so he opened it up, didn't seem like there was many balls in there and couldn't tell if they were machined or molded. I think the model he broke was the clayton nolte one for 129$. there's another vid of a bigger model of clayton's unit used on commercial strawberries in port huenme ca that for me looks very good or more convincing

Yeah, I have communicated with him several times. The balls are molded and have golf ball like dimples which helps creates the cavitation. You could DIY with golf balls but to be safe run the water through a carbon filter to remove any chemical breakdown from the covers

This unit combines vortexing, magnets and cavitation. As per others the water needs to recycle > 3xs to be fully structured http://www.fractalwater.com/catalog/super-imploder/

There is a new version from a competitor that is supposed to be reasonably priced

2dialed

there could be several pounds of magnets in that one.... kinda hard to tell by plant growth if one device outgrows another but I do see that they compare some grande water to it. mostly they compare it to source water but don't say if it's municipal tap or well and don't give tds

colinriley854

Just did some research came across some kids science project using radishes and magnets. He was trying to achieve something else however the plants nearest the magnets grew taller. This should be an interesting experiment and there does seem to be some science behind this.

Awesome! Hope you post lots of pics and log all the info.
we can try with one plant at home and see result .

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
a stainless steel tube full of marbles will cause orientation of water molecules passing through it. i sat in on a video conference call with a pair of german and swiss scientists as they discussed "structured water".

they were asking us (the company i worked for) to hook one up to the 10k sq ft ppk hydro system i built for them.

their diagrams showed 4" stainless tubes filled with glass balls about the size of marbles.

we were about to try it when the operation was shut down because of market reasons. hemp, need i say more.

my understanding of it is that adhesion of water to dissimilar substances it is flowing past causes a "drag" type orientation to occur and it causes the water molecules to form a hexagonal group and thereby somehow energizing the water. the effect is supposed to have some longevity but needs to be re-energized on each recirculating pass.

structured water got an initial bad rep because of all the scammers selling bogus equipment that didn't really do anything.

but these two guys are actual research scientists and they seemed to believe in it.

i think i could build one of what i saw but i think there is an ideal flow rate or refreshment rate that i don't know about yet.

this occurred in jan 2021 so it's not some old information.

Redrum92

^Liquids don't have shapes. It's one of their main attributes. Crystals/solids could form "a hexagonal group", but not a liquid or gas. "Structured water" isn't a possibility.

Also, "energizing" water- what kind of energy? Kinetic, chemical, what?

Last edited:

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
but individual molecules do. i personally am not far enough along on this to try to implement anything. and i have a lot of healthy skepticism. i'm not sure i believe it or not yet.

what i did here is report a conversation.

but a little reading produced this:

so, apparently, six water molecules can form a hexagonal structure.

and the scientists that i spoke with are actual research scientists and they seemed to believe it was a real thing.

but for us cannabis growers the first thing to find out is whether it is a real thing in regards to growing cannabis.

if it just temporarily rearranges water molecules i don't see how it could have much effect. the plant splits them anyway.

i do know that these guys were not using magnets or electricity. they showed me diagrams of stainless steel tubes filled with glass balls.

water has tremendous adhesion to some other substances and powerful cohesion to itself.

in my fuzzy little brain i can "see" water molecules going past substances that cause the molecules to maybe drag on one substance and slip against the other. this delay could possibly cause reorientation in relation to other water molecules.

maybe

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
this from "Modern Mineralogy" by keith Frye "Each water molecule is two hydrogen atoms bonded to one oxygen atom (H2O). Because of how the atoms share electrons, a water molecule is slightly positively charged at the hydrogen atoms, and slightly negatively charged at the oxygen atom. The molecule's charged ends attract the oppositely charged ends of other water molecules ("hydrogen bonding").

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
so we have solved the question of whether water molecules can form hexagonal clusters and it looks like the energy causing it is electrical in nature.