What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

:::::::USA Set to Reschedule Cannabis::::::: HHS Releases Recommendation Documents:::::::

H e d g e

Interesting these insane policies have coincided for so long in so many supposedly independent countries spanning so many changes of political leadership. Someone has been making policy suggestions globally for a long time and they don’t want you having access to cb1 agonist’s, cava cava fell victim to the same thing.
It was the British first to ban cannabis in the colonies, no point in lobbying your own politicians, they just do what they’re told or wouldn’t be in government.

So if you can’t beat them, join them and appoint a dealer. Thailand has coffee shops on every corner now but you can’t get Thai there anymore, plenty of skunk hybrids though if that’s your thing.
I reckon there’s types of thc in Thai that aren’t usually measured, don’t think the powers that be care much if you smoke delta 9 and pass out or it wouldn’t be so readily available.
It’s probably why you all smoke radiated buds, to put a stop to any of those mischievous enzymatic pathways that might otherwise transform D9 into a stronger agonist at the cb1. Tangwena has the right idea with his cobs.

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and I agree.

I honestly think its a eugenics project to cause a limit or decrease the birth rate and increase death rate.

Quality of life and social networks are diminished under prohibition

They may make it legal eventually, but only when it makes sense to gain political power and quiet the masses.

If cannabis is ever legalized it will help make society stronger which is a check against the power and control of the political establishment.

Many of these people in political positions don't know God. They have that which judges them.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
not surprising at all that teens use drops as it is increasingly legalized. when your parents/grandparents are doing something, it sorta takes all of the rebellious fun out of it... want to make them ALL stop ? pass a law telling them that they HAVE to smoke pot. "six joints a day, or it's off to jail with you !" :eek::ROFLMAO:

Lebanizer

not surprising at all that teens use drops as it is increasingly legalized. when your parents/grandparents are doing something, it sorta takes all of the rebellious fun out of it... want to make them ALL stop ? pass a law telling them that they HAVE to smoke pot. "six joints a day, or it's off to jail with you !" :eek::ROFLMAO:
That definitely makes sense.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

H e d g e

@pipeline Sounds good but will we be allowed to grow enough plants to select good ones to save seeds from and will there be a minimum cbd content? Or will it be licensed growers selling garbage that knocks you out for a week before doing nothing at all when enough cbd builds up on the back end of the cb1 receptor to block uptake?

If politicians and global dictators smoked some decent bud before making decisions instead of getting drunk and powdering their noses we wouldn’t be in the mess we’re in.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Harris should beat him to the punch, and ask Biden to push the DEA director for complete de-listing to clear the path for legalization. "do your damn job, or have your resignation on my desk by dawn. you work for ME..." there is no downside for Harris, & Biden isn't up for re-election, so...:sneaky: odd how that here we finally have a president with nothing to lose for trying to accomplish something. if it goes down in flames, Harris didn't do it. if it's a winner, she's on the team! :cool: i'm tired of politicians saying AFTER they leave office/lose leverage that "i wish i had done blahblahblah..." do it NOW, asshole...

H e d g e

@armedoldhippy Re. ‘the path for legalization’ They’re not gonna decriminalise it and if they legalise it then growing will be tax evasion, probably more severe penalties than we currently enjoy and fines on top.
We might get coffee shops I guess, that’d be good.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

NORML Submits Public Comments to DEA Calling for the Removal of Cannabis From Schedule I​

cannabis leaf

NORML has submitted its public comments to the Drug Enforcement Administration in support of the reclassification of botanical cannabis.
NORML concurs with views expressed by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that cannabis “has a currently accepted medical use” and that its relatively low abuse potential is inconsistent with the criteria required for substances in either Schedule I or Schedule II.
“The HHS appropriately determined that neither scientific evidence nor real-world clinical experience support cannabis’ inclusion in either category,” NORML acknowledged in its comments.
Specifically, NORML cites a 2022 national survey of family practice doctors, internists, nurse practitioners, and oncologists that concluded, “Over two-thirds (68.9%) of clinicians surveyed believe that cannabis has medicinal uses and just over a quarter (26.6%) had ever recommended cannabis to a patient.” NORML also highlights a 2024 scientific analysis that determined that cannabis’ risk of dependence and abuse potential are “substantially lower than those posed by many illegal and legal substances, including tobacco and alcohol.”
NORML concludes: “The determination by HHS that cannabis use does not possess the same public health burden as does the use of alcohol (unscheduled), tobacco (unscheduled) or other controlled substances currently regulated in lower schedules of the CSA (e.g., benzodiazepines) is consistent with decades of worldwide scientific literature. While HHS ultimately recommends transferring cannabis from Schedule I to Schedule III, NORML wishes to emphasize that these findings similarly provide a factual basis for removing cannabis from the CSA entirely. Although the HHS is not recommending descheduling at this time, NORML asserts that this position is the most appropriate one and that descheduling cannabis should be adopted by future administrations.”
The full text of NORML’s public comments are available here.
Public comments submitted on behalf of California NORML are also available here.
The DEA is accepting public comments through July 22, 2024. Those wishing to provide comments may do so using NORML’s comment submission guide.
To date, nearly 30,000 people have provided public comments.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trump had some fairly supportive comments there, hopefully becomes outspoken about it in regards to personal freedom. Would be great to see them debate the issue.

I like how he said since most people live in areas where it is legal it doesn't make sense to jail people in areas where they are waiting on federal law.

Politics

Trump Says He Agrees People Should Not Be Criminalized Over Marijuana As More States Legalize​

3b71d81faa493372a683c777756df1f4

Published

on
August 8, 2024
By
Kyle Jaeger

Former President Donald Trump says he is starting to “agree a lot more” that people should not be criminalized over marijuana given that it’s “being legalized all over the country”—adding that he will “fairly soon” reveal his position on the cannabis legalization measure on the November ballot in Florida, where he is a voter.
“As we legalize it, I start to agree a lot more because, you know, it’s being legalized all over the country,” Trump said at a press conference at Mar-a-Lago on Thursday. “Florida has something coming up. I’ll be making a statement about that fairly soon.”
A reporter had asked about the Biden-Harris administration push to reschedule cannabis, as well as Vice President Kamala Harris, the 2024 Democratic presidential nominee, stating repeatedly that people should not be incarcerated over simple cannabis offenses.

“As we legalize it throughout the country—whether that’s a good thing or a bad thing—it’s awfully hard to have people all over the jails that are in jail right now for something that’s legal,” Trump replied. “So I think obviously there’s a lot of sentiment to doing that.”
While not an explicit endorsement of major marijuana reform, the statement represents another example of Trump departing from the harsh anti-drug rhetoric he’s been employing over this latest campaign, at least when it comes to marijuana. And while it’s unclear whether he will choose to back the Florida cannabis legalization measure that he will have the chance to vote on as a resident, he did not take the opportunity to denounce it, despite Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’s (R) campaign against the reform measure.

The candidate also discussed people he’s issued presidential pardons for, including Alice Johnson, who was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole over her role in a cocaine trafficking ring in the 1990s.
He said Johnson is a “fantastic woman” who “served 24 years for being on a phone call having to do with drugs, adding that she “was great” and “had another 24 years to go, and it was largely about marijuana, which, in many cases, is now legalized” at the state level.
Trump seemed confused during an interview last year when he was confronted with the fact that his proposed plan to impose the death penalty on drug traffickers would have condemned Johnson to death.

“I let a lot of people out [of prison] that had no representation. I went to people in jails, in prison, that we respected. I said, ‘How many of these people should be let out?'” Trump said on Thursday. “We let out large groups of low-income people that were serving like 40 years for something that today you wouldn’t even be put in jail for.”
Trump also recently went after Harris over her prosecutorial record on marijuana, claiming that she put “thousands and thousands of Black people in jail” for cannabis offenses—but the full record of her time in office is more nuanced.

Trump’s line of attack, while misleading, was nonetheless notable in the sense that the GOP presidential nominee implied that he disagrees with criminalizing people over marijuana and is moving to leverage the idea that Harris played a role in racially disproportionate mass incarceration.
Meanwhile, Harris selected Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz (D) as her running mate, choosing a candidate who backed numerous cannabis reform measures in Congress, called for an end to prohibition when he was running for governor and then signed a comprehensive legalization bill into law in 2023.
As president, Trump largely stayed true to his position that marijuana laws should be handled at the state-level, with no major crackdown on cannabis programs as some feared after then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions rescinded the Obama era federal enforcement guidance. In fact, Trump criticized the top DOJ official and suggested the move should be reversed.

While he was largely silent on the issue of legalization, he did tentatively endorse a bipartisan bill to codify federal policy respecting states’ rights to legalize.
That said, on several occasions he released signing statements on spending legislation stipulating that he reserved the right to ignore a long-standing rider that prohibits the Justice Department from using its funds to interfere with state-legal medical marijuana programs.

Before President Joe Biden bowed out of the race, his campaign made much of the president’s mass cannabis pardons and rescheduling push, drawing a contrast with the Trump administration’s record. The Harris campaign so far has not spoken to that particular issue, and the presumptive nominee has yet to publicly discuss marijuana policy issues since her own campaign launched.

Captain Red Eye

Another state committee unable to form consensus. This is due to lack of knowledge by legislators.

In NH the plan has always been for the government to grab the weed when / if it ever went legal in NH.

The State of NH holds a forcible monopoly on the sale of hard alcohol and only allows itself to sell (and profit) from alcohol sales. Weed is bad in NH, unless / until you give the State your money, then it magically will become okay. State of NH lusts to hold a forcible monopoly on weed too and sell it in their liquor stores.

Most legislators, being low i.q. power tripping sociopaths, legislate their personal preferences into laws, rather than thinking, "well I don't use weed, but I don't own people that do, so what they grow, consume or sell is their business and not the state's". In N.H. it's mostly the recent Governor's and the State Senate who are preventing the peasants from having a little bit of weed freedom.

Live free or die (N.H. State motto) is a mockery. Fuck them and the stolen horses they rode in on!

H e d g e

In NH the plan has always been for the government to grab the weed when / if it ever went legal in NH.

The State of NH holds a forcible monopoly on the sale of hard alcohol and only allows itself to sell (and profit) from alcohol sales. Weed is bad in NH, unless / until you give the State your money, then it magically will become okay. State of NH lusts to hold a forcible monopoly on weed too and sell it in their liquor stores.

Most legislators, being low i.q. power tripping sociopaths, legislate their personal preferences into laws, rather than thinking, "well I don't use weed, but I don't own people that do, so what they grow, consume or sell is their business and not the state's". In N.H. it's mostly the recent Governor's and the State Senate who are preventing the peasants from having a little bit of weed freedom.

Live free or die (N.H. State motto) is a mockery. Fuck them and the stolen horses they rode in on!
I don’t think it’s just about the money, this has been a global policy since I’ve been here except in Amsterdam where all you can get are skunk hybrids.

Why a medicinal herb would be considered such massive threat to the people behind the puppets who supposedly run the place is interesting, it’s prompted me to collect all sorts of other illicit plants I might not otherwise have found.

I really don’t think they care much about skunk/og hybrids or the Dutch wouldn’t have got away with selling them for so long, they’ll be legal soon enough. There’s a big push to pollute thai with cbd though so that’s probably the one to be smoking.
The government gave away a million plants but thankfully they weren’t adapted so didn’t survive long enough to flower.

Last edited:

Nannymouse

@armedoldhippy Re. ‘the path for legalization’ They’re not gonna decriminalise it and if they legalise it then growing will be tax evasion, probably more severe penalties than we currently enjoy and fines on top.
We might get coffee shops I guess, that’d be good.
I don't know if i can agree with that. People can grow their own tobacco, brew beer, make wine, on their own property, for personal use. It may take a separate lawsuit to get the same standing.

Captain Red Eye

I don’t think it’s just about the money,

Agreed.
It's possible for some, it's about the thrill they get when they have legislative power over other people.

Good on you for collecting plants. I've been saving petunia and marigold seeds for a bit now as well as vegetable seeds I'm able to collect from the garden produce. It's a little harder to get seeds from biennials like kale, but I've been able to mulch and overwinter some hardy kale and have mucho kale seeds now.

H e d g e

@Nannymouse I hope you’re right but can’t help thinking that the push for legalisation has only been allowed to progress in order to make it easier to pollute the gene pool and limit access to the truly medicinal stuff. Skunk/og hybrids don’t help much with my issues.