What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Upstate NEW YORK Growers and General Conversation Thread

WestShoreBestShore

How's everyone's flowers looking? Here's some Giesel hybrids from CSI humboldt I've been rocking. Happy croptober!
Looking awesome! What is your latitude? I did some bud washing on some tops I just had to take as the bud rot was too threatening. Cali Orange and Acapulco Gold. I have soooo much left to harvest, but I still have not seen any amber trichomes, so I am trying to be patient through rainstorms. etc.

Attachments

• 20241010_114059.jpg
    20241010_114059.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20241010_112715.jpg
    20241010_112715.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20241010_113008.jpg
    20241010_113008.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 4
  • 20241010_113317.jpg
    20241010_113317.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 4
Looks great tho! Sometimes we just have to make the call. Loose to botrytis or have some slightly under ripe buds. I'm up in the watertown area. I've got some hp13 hybrids that I'm hoping to push another 10-14 days. Hoping for the best. Where are you at?

WestShoreBestShore

Looks great tho! Sometimes we just have to make the call. Loose to botrytis or have some slightly under ripe buds. I'm up in the watertown area. I've got some hp13 hybrids that I'm hoping to push another 10-14 days. Hoping for the best. Where are you at?
I am just across Lake Champlain from Plattsburgh/Cumberland Head.

WestShoreBestShore

We are in a great spot. Right in between zone 5A and 5B. This just changed last year.

We are not in danger of frost for quite a long time compared to the mainland. I listen to NCPR, so I hear plenty of stuff from across the lake. Giesel hybrids? What is that? I have grown plain Afghani, Grampa's Stash, Acapulco Gold, Bubba Kush, California Orange, and Mountain Gold this year. I keep checking for amber trichomes, but so far, just a hint of them.

Timj

Nice looking plants @WestShoreBestShore and @The1Ginger. I'm south of you folks, just under Albany. I pulled my plants on the 1rst. I was getting some botrytis in my tops. Got Covid around the same time so not many harvest pictures. But, I posted plenty of pictures in my journal throughout the year. I jarred everything last night. So, I'm done with my outdoor harvest this year. My strains this year were Bodhi-Babylon Buster, Nirvana seeds- Nicole Kush x Banana OG, Barney's Farm-Lemon Tree and Sensi Seeds-Star 47.

That's really cool. I've always wanted to try that mountain gold. I believe giesel comes from the "chem family." But it's a clone only that is a skunky type. Possibly mass super skunk crossed with chemdog. Anyways csi humboldt is a breeder that specializes in feminized work typically with clone only strains. This is my first time growing out his work and so far I'm really impressed.

Timj

Lemon tree has a really nice balanced creative high and tastes strong of lemons. The Nicole Kush x Banana OG has a very strong narcotic high so it's very different. This is my first year growing the Bablon Buster and the Star 47. I made regular seeds from the Babylon Buster last winter. This is its first outdoor season for me. It has a IPA/black pepper taste and a pretty good high from the seed plant. I won't try the outdoor harvest for another month at least. I also made the feminized seeds for the Star 47 as I only had one seed left. So, it's the same deal with that strain.