What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

uk clone only! (and british bred strains)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovelightpower

Veteran
i was struck by the love of music in this thread too - and the amount of people that seemed to be or have been involved in the music biz or club/rave scene.

yeah i see the two going hand in hand,
cannabis inspires artists to create amazing music.
cannabis enables the listener to get more from the experience of the music.

being inspired originally by exodus to grow weed and put on our own raves, the two to me are intrinsicly linked.

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Agree with the above, the two are almost symbiotic for me.. the music improves the weed.. the weed improves the music..

Maybe also the kind of folk that are pre-disposed to lead alternative lifestyles, or alternative career paths, are also the kind of folk that would be more inclined to step outside the safe confines of conformity when it comes to sourcing their weed too.

RoadKillFunk

It is funny how you mentioned stepping out of line to source your smoke. Around here all there was to smoke was dirt weed. The only place to source anything else was within the rave culture. It spread out from there to the rest of the community, but high grade ganja started with the rave culture here. We innovated many many things in fashion, music and life style. What a great time it was, and I miss it every single day!

RKF

B

buddymate

i'm doing an indoor grow of guerrilla gold x danish passion, selecting a mother for next year maybe. thats if the auto flowering tendencies don't kick in...

Guerilla Gold sounds interesting,got a friend growing a number outside as we speak,and the cheeseXnorthern lights also sounds intriguing,UK outdoors is increasing in popularity :yes:

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Day 55 12/12 of some good old fashioned Cheese, in a friend's PC grow. Smells spot on, and certainly looks the part.

picture.php

I love the fact that this has been flowered under 23W of CFL. :laughing:

Big Beans

Beans Means Highns
ICMag Donor
mmm I'm salivating with all this talk of clones :) Interesting read - Thanks guys for contributing and spreading the knowledge

Big Beans

Beans Means Highns
ICMag Donor
Probably at least 4 years lol - but we have every intention of making the move. 1st we have a bit of work to do on our creative projects then the U.K law, :)

But even if they legalized it in UK there are plenty of other reasons we want to go to Cali.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what makes you think its gona be ever legalized in the uk bro?.....i wish it was headed that way but with the upgrade to class b it seems not to be the case

Big Beans

Beans Means Highns
ICMag Donor
I hear you - they're spending millions on ads dissing skunk particularly and the weird things is I keep meeting English stoners around age 40 or 50 and even they are going on to me about skunk giving you mental illness and being the cause of all the London kids stsbbing each other. I try and explaining some sativas can cause anxiety and skunk was bred in the 70s etc and if legalized you can choose mild or strng strains etc but I'm falling on deaf ears. (apart from the legalize it bit which they agree with) but thanks to tabloids like the sun and loads of Newspapers even the BBC, people are believing that skunk is actually something to be feared like a class a

I think we need to first go the medical route, for legalisation, something me and my partner both have experience with, also we are writing a film script, which once made, would tie in very nicely with a refreshed legalize cannabis movement.

So that why I'm kinda optimistic about it being legal in the UK eventually :)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this mental illness thing is a bit of a red herring. you would have to get 500 people to stop smoking cannabis in order to save just one of them from developing schizophrenia or similar mental disorders. - that stat is from the govt. drugs advisors .

and i bet those london kids were drinking too if they got violent on skunk. i have been smoking for over 20 years and i have still yet to meet someone who gets violent after smoking pot.

the real irony is that cbd has anti-phsychitic properties (sativex is 50%cbd) but has been bred out of all the commercial strains because it represses the thc high (i also think it's a recessive allele).
if pot was legal or decriminalised some proper research could be done on what must be many medicinal properties it has. you would think, given the 'dangers' of cannabis that the drugs the doctors prescribe were free from any side effects but try reading the small print and you'll see that its not the case.

what is happening in cali etc has got to have a positive effect on the uk at some point. obama may help too. shame about the puritanical values of our government and their need to look decisive at the wrong point - upgrading cannabis was just a gesture.

ill stop now or this will turn into a full-on rant ;)

V.

Big Beans

Beans Means Highns
ICMag Donor
this mental illness thing is a bit of a red herring. you would have to get 500 people to stop smoking cannabis in order to save just one of them from developing schizophrenia or similar mental disorders. - that stat is from the govt. drugs advisors .

and i bet those london kids were drinking too if they got violent on skunk. i have been smoking for over 20 years and i have still yet to meet someone who gets violent after smoking pot.

the real irony is that cbd has anti-phsychitic properties (sativex is 50%cbd) but has been bred out of all the commercial strains because it represses the thc high (i also think it's a recessive allele).
if pot was legal or decriminalised some proper research could be done on what must be many medicinal properties it has. you would think, given the 'dangers' of cannabis that the drugs the doctors prescribe were free from any side effects but try reading the small print and you'll see that its not the case.

what is happening in cali etc has got to have a positive effect on the uk at some point. obama may help too. shame about the puritanical values of our government and their need to look decisive at the wrong point - upgrading cannabis was just a gesture.

ill stop now or this will turn into a full-on rant ;)

V.

All valid points mate. It's hard not to talk about this topic and not get annoyed at basic government oppression and criminalization of harmless everyday people. Ah see I almost started to rant. :)

sophanox

Man the uk drug laws are so stupid, it drives me mad. I recently wrote a 10,000 word essay on ecstasy and the backward rules surrounding it for my degree. Did you know that ecstasy alone only contributes to on average 13 deaths a year? Compared with alcohol 60k+ deaths per year, tobacco 100k+ and heroin 140+, it seems ridiculous that it's a class A. If you get caught with more than five pills on you, that's viewed as intent to supply - but in reality that's just a normal night out for many!

The home secretary even rejected advice to downgrade it to a class B from the ACMD, which is an advisory council of scientists and others well experienced with drugs, such as police officers n social workers. How can a politician, who has minimal real world experience, reject advice from people who have devoted their lives to studying drugs?! It just makes no sense!

Bit off topic talking about ecstasy, but it's a similar scenario with cannabis. What I find most ironic is that it's listed as a 'controlled substance', when really the government has no control over it whatsoever. How can it claim to do so when there is weed laced with fibreglass going about, or this 'super strong psychosis inducing skunk' which is apparently causing all of our youth to develop schizophrenia. Makes me so angry!

Anyway, I smoked some uk cheese, mad shwartz last night - it's absolutely insane. Best smoke i've had so far, much better than white widow fo sho!

Status
Not open for further replies.