What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

ufc 2010

N

NBE One !

^ Eyh, :)
picture.php

Good Headline & Co. I Think Dc Wins by Sub, " n,Phew The Main -Card ? Could be a Ko by ngannou .This ones maybe tight but i see ngannou forcing him back to the Octogon sides with Stipe trying to withstand an overwhelming flood of "Heavy strikes "The Result being a Ko/Tko

"...Or stipe could box him senseless"...Whatever :).I Need to get the " Speedy" Fibre Optic Back Like Tommorow.
( USA through the nights been really good , im just saying )

Quote Joe Rogan: " The most Exciting Heavyweight World Title fight Ever "

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I've got DC by submission, and Stipe by KO....end of the second or 3rd round.

G `day Bwana

Great minds think alike .
And fools never differ . Gotta back you on this one .

Oezie hits real hard , so does Francis . Will they be able to connect ?

I saw what Stipe did to Mark Hunt . Only Brock has been able to do similar . So I rate Stipe`s wrestling . DC showed his game plan blue print in his Henderson and Johnson fights .

Yoel vs Rockhold worth analyzing def .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

jesbuds

The fun part about those weight classes is that it's still a crapshoot in most fights. The way I see it, above 170 and a single lucky shot can end it. Much more precision required at lower weight classes, big guys can swing for the fences, make contact and end it in seconds. Like I'm thinking Stipe/DC will keep their belts but shoot Ngannou is a beast and Oezdemir is no slouch either.

Should be some good fights!

Elmer Bud

Veteran
The fun part about those weight classes is that it's still a crapshoot in most fights. The way I see it, above 170 and a single lucky shot can end it. Much more precision required at lower weight classes, big guys can swing for the fences, make contact and end it in seconds. Like I'm thinking Stipe/DC will keep their belts but shoot Ngannou is a beast and Oezdemir is no slouch either.

Should be some good fights!

G `day JB

Interesting watching Muay Thai in Thailand .
Mostly below 70 Kg / 155 lb . Very little guarding of the head , Stand straight in front and fire away .
I watch heavier weight classes of Muay Thai in Oz 70 - 90 kg 155 - 205 lb . Always hands up chin down , move after firing a combo . 1 punch from a 90 KG / 205 lb man and its good night nurse . Thais will allow punches and elbows to the face and still not try and block . Must be a lotta guys with brain injuries in Thailand .
Saw a kids fight the other day kid was maybe 15 yrs old . he had fought 100 times already .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

N

NBE One !

Yup, GooD comment jes buds. Absolutely Anything can happen . :)

The "night owl" Antics that the U.S.A has on me has been Ace, So fitting with The ever progressing Current Life
BUT
Stuck on a pic of Rampage* Jackson atm
Pft

* HellO. The Stream has ended.
-
https://youtu.be/mtM_cc4SPJI

https://youtu.be/Zz-DJr1Qs54
Don't turn away from me

https://youtu.be/6Ejga4kJUts
Sweating n feel nautios, tick tok Earth is part of Heaven (((-: .
Beautiful Beautiful Place. (Hang on a Sec...YehawW! WuuU HUuu. :D )
-
( 24-7 really )
-
The Recent Mdma was fun (;

-
Feeling a demising unrecognized weakness, but that Don't Matter,

Last edited:
N

NBE One !

Boston [YOUTUBEIF]4XWYefe9EzI[/YOUTUBEIF]
Just saying, . :yes: ... :)

HellO, m

Last edited:
N

NBE One !

Was going to say that Guy is giving Dc a run for his Money

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kinda boring there at the end, but Miocic got it. Was close in the first round. Some bombs landed on Miocic. Ngannou has no cardio and little ground skill. Might be due to having to carry 270-80 pounds of muscle around?

Cormier was getting tagged in the first round but his power was greater than Volkan, and then the wrestling.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Saw the two main events last night. Cormier, for not having a really ripped physique, showed a lot of strength, power and toughness. He has long arms for his height and quick hands so, even though his background is mostly wrestling, his striking game isn't bad.

Miocic got taken the distance by Ngannou. Both of them looked pretty tired after the 1st round, and ngannou was barely moving in the 4th and 5th. Kind of boring watching stipe lean on and lay on top of ngannou the last 4 rounds, but he did enough to win, and has the record for most ufc heavyweight title defenses. Ngannou had the better striking, and a size/strength advantage, just had crap cardio and no ground game. Maybe cain velasquez, once he gets healthy, would prove a worthy challenger to stipe, but until then i dont know who could realistically beat him (he's defeated all the top heavyweight contenders).

N

NBE One !

he was outstruck by JDS that time ... Close battle all the same

Last edited:

Chappi

One trick ponies just can’t hang with the elite. Wether it’s Maia and his ground game or Ngannou and his crazy power, time and time again the sport has shown that it’s evolved too far for a one trick pony. I had Miocic winning and heavyweights especially can end abruptly but I just felt there was too many tools in Miocic’s bag. I think Miocic had a great plan going in, getting Ngannou to strike and miss but not try to exchange with him. Ngannou was breathing hard-mouth opened in the first half of the round! It was all downhill from there. Ngannou got to land a nice uppercut on stipe that gave him a nice mouse on Stipe’s left eye, on the fourth round(I think) he landed a sloppy punch which still dazed Stipe. The gameplan was good for the chanp and he had the discipline to execute it flawlessly. I think (sea level)Cain in his prime would have put Ngannou away in the second round.

iTarzan

Veteran
Baba I am shocked by you thinking that fight was boring. David beat Goliath.

Ngannou got completely pummeled by Stipe. He beat the crap out of him. Ngannou was staggered numerous times, punched endlessly on the ground. In one of the rounds he never threw a punch and another did not land a punch. Ngannou was favored even though he was the challenger. He was suppossed to just lay waste to Stipe. Instead he got beaten and mauled. He also got humbled which will probably be good for the rest of his career.

Baba that was the first time in the history of the UFC that the heavyweight champion has defended the title 3 times in a row.

iTarzan

Veteran
If I had three wishes the first one would be a want my body to look just like Ngannou's. I don't think he is on steroids either.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ I was not bored with the fight as the underdog won. Any second Ngannou could ko Miocic with one punch. But.... there was a lot laying around and leaning against, with some striking by Miocic that did not look very strong.

I can not blame Miocic for not being more aggressive. He was in with a guy that is physically stronger than him by quite a bit. He had to play the game he did and blunt the strength advantage and hope a clean shot would not land on his chin or around the temple/ear. He did eat a few fairly clean shots, but you could tell they dazed him.

The Kattar vs Burgos fight was better but two guys I was almost unaware of. The bigger guys get more attention in spite of equal or worse in cardio/skill than the smaller ones.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
Baba I am shocked by you thinking that fight was boring. David beat Goliath.

Ngannou got completely pummeled by Stipe. He beat the crap out of him. Ngannou was staggered numerous times, punched endlessly on the ground. In one of the rounds he never threw a punch and another did not land a punch. Ngannou was favored even though he was the challenger. He was suppossed to just lay waste to Stipe. Instead he got beaten and mauled. He also got humbled which will probably be good for the rest of his career.

Baba that was the first time in the history of the UFC that the heavyweight champion has defended the title 3 times in a row.

G `day iT

Nah we disagree again .
Greatest conservative performance by Stipe . He spent more than half of the time just leaning on Nganou`s head and back . Controlling him . I thought the ref was very generous with position . Gotta work ! Is usually the call for non action .Never heard it yesterday . Doubt I`ve seen less action in a HW fight before .

Stipe did what he had to do . Did he win fans ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

iTarzan

Veteran
He wanted to wear him down. That was the game plan. If you read the round by round reports they mention the ref tells the fighters to pick up the action and work. The reporters write that Miocic obliges and once again punches away at Ngannou.

Elmer you can disagree but the facts favor my description. Especially when you say, "I thought the ref was very generous with position . Gotta work ! Is usually the call for non action .Never heard it yesterday" So I bolded where he said it every round for you. I also marked all the "non action moments where you must not have seen all the times Stipe beat the crap out of Ngannou. I also highlighted the reasons Stipe was leaning on him. He had him exhausted and wearing him down was going to make it easier to pummel him.

Stipe did what he had to do alright. He beat the crap out of the new UFC monster that nobody else seemed to be able to do.

Did Stipe win any fans. Hell yes.

Sherdog

Round 2

Miocic comes out for round two sporting some significant swelling underneath his left eye. Nonetheless, it's the champion doing the better work in the standup department as the heavyweights go toe-to-toe in the center of the cage. Ngannou, meanwhile, has slowed down significantly, his punches pulling up well short as the fresher Miocic dips out of the way. Midway through round two, Ngannou looks absolutely exhausted, inching toward Miocic with his hands held low. Miocic ducks into an uppercut and then drives forward for a takedown that plants Ngannou on his knees at the base of the fence. Miocic leans his weight on the kneeling challenger, peppering with short left hands. When Miocic stops throwing strikes, referee Dean calls for action. Ngannou looks trapped with nowhere to go, stuck kneeling against the fence while Miocic abuses him with left hands and knees to the body. Miocic tries to apply a rear-naked choke but can't get it sunk before the horn.

Round 3

Miocic waits about 25 seconds before shooting on Ngannou's legs and driving the Frenchman backward to the fence. Ngannou resists the takedown at first, but Miocic's second effort eventually yields the takedown. The heavyweights are back in the same position from round one, with Ngannou kneeling at the base of the wall, albeit with his left side to the fence this time instead of his right. Ngannou powers back to his feet two minutes into the round, and Miocic makes sure that he remains pinned against the fence. Ngannou finally shoves him away, and the big men meet back in the center at the halfway point of the round and the fight. Suddenly, Ngannou uncorks a heavy right hook that rocks Miocic's head and forces the champion to circle away. Miocic reverses directions and changes levels, then drives Ngannou to the ground, immediately neutralizing any advantage the challenger just gained. Miocic postures up in Ngannou's half guard and drops heavy right hands on his face. Ngannou looks on the verge of being stopped when he tangles up Miocic's arms and slows the assault. Referee Dean calls for work in the final 20 seconds, and Miocic obliges with a couple late punches and grinding elbows.

Round 4

Ngannou plods forward, backing up Miocic to the fence -- but just as his back nears the wall, the champion explodes forward and plows Ngannou to the ground with yet another double-leg takedown. Ngannou holds Miocic in half guard, then grabs for a heel hook, prompting Miocic to stand up and extract his leg. Ngannou is so tired that he has no chance of standing up before Miocic dives back to the ground, and the champion actually improves on his previous position by coming down to side control. Ngannou gets to his knees and leans against the fence, but Miocic isn't letting him go anywhere, laying all of his weight on top of the exhausted challenger. Miocic holds Ngannou in a front headlock as referee Dean claps his hands, calling for more action. The champ hears the ref and turns up the volume on his left hands, socking Ngannou in the side of the head. Ngannou slumps forward briefly but comes back up to avoid a stoppage. With 65 seconds left in the fourth round, Ngannou looks absolutely finished, kneeling against the fence with his head down as Miocic tees off with punches and elbows. Miocic lands about a dozen right hands to the body in the last 10 seconds, and Ngannou never looks close to getting up.

Round 5

Miocic gets double underhooks and traps Ngannou against a cage post. There's nothing happening in the clinch, causing referee Dean to call for work after a few seconds of leaning on the fence. Miocic drops levels for a shot and gets caught in a front headlock, with Ngannou looking to cinch up a guillotine. The choke never appears to put Miocic in danger, and he soon pulls his head free to resume shooting. Ngannou stands him up, and finally referee Dean breaks up the clinch. The big men meet back in the middle with just over two minutes on the clock. Ngannou is still swinging big right hands, and Miocic wants nothing to do with them at this late stage, opting to stay on the outside as the last 90 seconds tick down. Ngannou tries to close the distance, but each time he gets near, Miocic darts away. Ngannou leaps at Miocic with a flying knee, but the Ohioan catches it and shoves Ngannou against the wall for the final 20 seconds. Stipe Miocic raises his arm even before the horn has sounded, knowing that the scorecards are academic and he has surely retained his UFC heavyweight belt.