What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

CharlesU Farley

Along about now, I could probably use this advice, if I still smoked/ vaped. :eek:

From a guy who grew up in my neighborhood and went to the same junior high and high school that I did, 10 years before:

1000014725.jpg

Sparkus_Maximus

It is now 8 days after inoculation of those tester WBS jars, and all look like they're on their way. 3 out of 10 look like they could have used another .5 -1ml more spore solution, but they will catch up. I'm curious how the WBS will turn out in terms of alkaloid production in comparison to BRF PF style cakes. MS home-made syringes using 25% of a fresh print made from the first PEU-R sporocarp to emerge from the print-shop.

Attachments

• 20240909_214937.jpg
    20240909_214937.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 14
  • 3064151-f510a795aef4fe798cb062eede184d4e.jpg
    3064151-f510a795aef4fe798cb062eede184d4e.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
There's a small village in the hills about 200 miles SSE of Bogota that has been a primary processing and pick-up point for larger scale production and purchases of ~48% coca paste, one step shy of completely refined deluxe, clean cocaine hydrochloride.

Their coca market crashed, and what was once a population in that village of about 200 is now supposedly about 40.

I suspect that in such a setting, a person could score an informal B&B set-up and buy all the coca paste or cocaine hydrochloride they wished for a -very- reasonable (CHEAP) price, and just take in the scenery for a while.
recently read on the whole iran/contrana im a interested in history was blown away by all that stuff oliver north, noriega, john hull farm in costa rica the crack epidemic billions and billions made was a wow moment. the cia registered planes crashing with tons of blow. remember hearing the inside gov the biggest dealers in the world and thought it was wrong and how? man young me was blind and uniformed cant believe its still going on today. then there was afghan invasion poppy production all time high wild shit going on out in the world

luposolitario

I envy the sky and the sea
When at night more dark the sea joins the sky it seems like a togetherness without limits and boundaries like two lovers meet for a few hours, and in the morning they split up , to meet every evening without making the noise that absence makes when you are not there.

moose eater

recently read on the whole iran/contrana im a interested in history was blown away by all that stuff oliver north, noriega, john hull farm in costa rica the crack epidemic billions and billions made was a wow moment. the cia registered planes crashing with tons of blow. remember hearing the inside gov the biggest dealers in the world and thought it was wrong and how? man young me was blind and uniformed cant believe its still going on today. then there was afghan invasion poppy production all time high wild shit going on out in the world
Part of the reason for coca market troubles in some areas involves meth pushing it off the market header.

'Clean' meth coming in from Mexico can/could be had all along the SW border in significant purity for $200/oz. The high lasts longer, is more stimulating/intense, and it's cheaper.

Before a friend's brother died in Tucson, I asked the brother out of curiosity (he had a white powder problem that involved both substances) how much an 1/8 of good quality coke was going for in that area, (Maybe 5 years ago) and he said that if you knew someone, maybe $80 to $125/3.5 grams. I was a bit shocked.

These days in this country (the US, and I'm nearly certain elsewhere as well) people are way beyond the days of baby laxative, Vitamin B, Menite (spelling?), pseudo-caine,, xylocaine, etc. etc as additives/cuts, and have moved on to unethical moves like Fentanyl. Coke can be a greedy market, and often is, thus often unethical, but mixing Fentanyl with anything, especially something with a totally opposite effect, is something that I simply wouldn't even consider dabbling in.

I read that party clubs in Colombia now have drug-testing stations set up outside some of them, likely similar to when the org Dance Safe would attend raves in the US (and elsewhere?) and offer testing for ecstasy, etc., looking for contaminants, to include date rape drugs. At least down there, the street coke is often in the neighborhood of 65% or so, and caffeine is a common 'cut'.

The era you're talking about, with Ollie North, et al, and Reagan supposedly being kept from both the coke for weapons and the missiles for Iran deals, goes all the way back to the Flying Tigers over China later moving opiates out, and Air America in SE Asia doing the same, initially as a tit-for-tat for mountain people who agreed to fight for the US in that 'police action'. And yes, flash forward to Costa Rican and Honduran remote airstrips and guns for drugs, some of them coming back in via Arkansas, -allegedly- with Bill Clinton's knowledge.

The journalist who broke that story had his reporting career decimated, and later started Consortium News. He had a very limited number of stories in Consortium News that missed the mark, and they went after him tooth and nail all over again.

The Colombian right-wing government that the Clinton administration and others were paying anti-coke money to cumulatively in the $billions, were reportedly the greater exporters, between them and their right-wing juntas, but just as the Afghani Taliban were blamed for upping poppy production (something they'd actually mostly suppressed, pre-US invasion), the US and Colombia blamed FARC for the greater exportation of coca, which made no sense if a person thought about that for even a little bit..

The Northern Alliance that GW paid $73 million in cash to in Afghanistan for agreeing to come on board with the US efforts there were actually, in large part, former opium warlords, who'd been mostly put out of business by the Taliban.

Dope is a cash-and-carry business with no sales receipts, as I'm sure you're aware, and if an entity wants to fund an illegal or questionable war or other venture that didn't get the seal of approval, as those in the Reagan Administration did in Central America, it's a benefit to them. And the more valuable the commodity, the fewer transport hassles for what is often a lesser weight, the better for them to market in it. A handshake, and exchange, and there's your funds that Congress denied.

Meanwhile, back in the USA, despite crack being mostly baking soda, we were locking up Black men and others by the droves for MUCH longer periods of time in prison for smoking what was mostly baking soda, while the yuppies and politicians and their kids were snorting or free-basing what was sometimes/often substantially more potent/pure cocaine, and those with the baking soda base shit were apt to receive much longer sentences, while those with uncut powder coke were getting significantly less in sentencing on a gram-per-gram basis, comparing the two.

In 1983, the Alaska State Troopers' crime lab reports for what was mostly bar-busted coke ranged on average from 8% to 11%. In other words, -shit-, and the product of too many hands touching it, a black market with inflated prices, and greed without much sense of ethics or etiquette.

I had uncut 92% back then and never laid anything on it, sold it as I got it, at 92%, and was $25 to $50 over the price of the bar coke/gram, with the horribly cut bar coke then going for $100 to $125/gram. My clientele were limited, often consisted of hippies and a couple doctors through intermediaries, maybe an attorney or 2 who were supplied by intermediaries, and I never, absolutely NEVER, dealt in bars, or any setting like that, as they are a draw for thieves, confidential informants and undercover cops., and loose lips in general.

And still there was one or 2 who had no sense of timing/manners and would/might/could show up at my door at 2:30 in the morning, much to my irritation. "WTF!!"

You can find many studies concerning -moderate- coke use as safe and even somewhat beneficial where IQ function is concerned. I have some here in my archives from legalization activism days, from sources such as The Harvard Health/Mental Health(?) Newsletter. Though over-doing anything can be a bad move.

And the Powers that Be are still lying and fucking people over with junk science. The originator of the crack baby myth was Dr. Ira Chasnoff, and he initially observed infant/newborn behavior after being born to crack-using mothers. You can find a lot of his commentary from years later, ridiculing what was done with his 'observations' stating clearly that his earlier comments on the subject were -never- a study and that he was wrong. yet to this day, people will take his earlier comments, disregard the later actual studies, and use that shit to destroy families.

What he later found was that, unlike the cases of fetal alcohol syndrome or fetal alcohol effect, where there is often a life-long impairment, crack babies after ~2 years of increased nurturance, etc., performed at the same levels and reaching of developmental milestones, as their non-crack-affected peers. But you've often gotta' go a long way into dysfunction before someone yanks kids away for alcohol abuse. Not so with cocaine or, especially, crack. Not that I'm an advocate for crack. If you're going to do coke, do UNCUT coke.

I could post up another 2-dozen articles or videos showing that by age 2, crack/cocaine babies performed at similar or same levels as their unaffected peers. But I've already written another encyclopedia herein.

But it WOULD be honest to say that those of us with a straw up our noses in the 80s WERE, indeed, funding unpalatable and incredibly heinous wars, sometimes fought by guerillas who raped and murdered nuns in Central America and were often/sometimes trained at our very own 'School of the Americas' in Georgia.

Last edited:

moose eater

My younger German shepherd pup seems to have made off with my best rechargeable lithium-ion headlamp, and she's refusing to tell me where she put it. Leverage for the future, I presume.

I/we have looked everywhere that she could've possibly stashed it, but apparently, she's a better hider than we are finders.

So, I'll check one last spot and then spend another $85 I'd have rather spent on something else.
The headlamp was recovered, of course AFTER another $80+ was spent on a replacement...

Murphy.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
Part of the reason for coca market troubles in some areas involves meth pushing it off the market header.

'Clean' meth coming in from Mexico can/could be had all along the SW border in significant purity for $200/oz. The high lasts longer, is more stimulating/intense, and it's cheaper.

Before a friend's brother died in Tucson, I asked the brother out of curiosity (he had a white powder problem that involved both substances) how much an 1/8 of good quality coke was going for in that area, (Maybe 5 years ago) and he said that if you knew someone, maybe $80 to $125/3.5 grams. I was a bit shocked.

These days in this country (the US, and I'm nearly certain elsewhere as well) people are way beyond the days of baby laxative, Vitamin B, Menite (spelling?), pseudo-caine,, xylocaine, etc. etc as additives/cuts, and have moved on to unethical moves like Fentanyl. Coke can be a greedy market, and often is, thus often unethical, but mixing Fentanyl with anything, especially something with a totally opposite effect, is something that I simply wouldn't even consider dabbling in.

I read that party clubs in Colombia now have drug-testing stations set up outside some of them, likely similar to when the org Dance Safe would attend raves in the US (and elsewhere?) and offer testing for ecstasy, etc., looking for contaminants, to include date rape drugs. At least down there, the street coke is often in the neighborhood of 65% or so, and caffeine is a common 'cut'.

The era you're talking about, with Ollie North, et al, and Reagan supposedly being kept from both the coke for weapons and the missiles for Iran deals, goes all the way back to the Flying Tigers over China later moving opiates out, and Air America in SE Asia doing the same, initially as a tit-for-tat for mountain people who agreed to fight for the US in that'p9oliec action'. And yes, flash forward to Costa Rican and Honduran remote airstrips and guns for drugs, some of them coming back in via Arkansas, -allegedly- with Bill Clinton's knowledge.

The journalist who broke that story had his reporting career decimated, and later started Consortium News. He had a very limited number of stories in Consortium Nwes that missed the mark, and they went after him tooth and nail all over again.

The Colombian right-wing government that the Clinton administration and others were paying anti-coke money to cumulatively in the $billions, were reportedly the greater exporters, between them and their right-wing juntas, but just as the Afghani Taliban were blamed for upping poppy production (something they'd actually mostly suppressed, pre-US invasion, the US and Colombia blamed FARC for the greater exportation of coca, which made no sense if a person thought about that for even a little bit..

The Northern Alliance that GW paid $73 million in cash to in Afghanistan for agreeing to come on board with the US efforts in there were actually, in large part, former opium warlords, who'd been mostly put out of business buy the Taliban.

Dope is a cash-and-carry business with no sales receipts, as I'm sure you're aware, and if an entity wants to fund an illegal or questionable war or other venture that didn't get the seal of approval, as those in the Reagan Administration did in Central America, it's a benefit to them. And the more valuable the commodity, the fewer transport hassles for what is often a lesser weight, the better for them to market in it. A handshake, and exchange, and there's your funds that Congress denied.

Meanwhile, back in the USA, despite crack being mostly baking soda, we were locking up Black men and others by the droves for MUCH longer periods of time in prison for smoking what was mostly baking soda, while the yuppies and politicians and their kids were snorting or free-basing what was sometimes/often substantially more potent/pure cocaine, and those with the baking soda base shit were apt to much longer sentences, while those with uncut powder coke were getting significantly less in sentencing on a gram-per-gram basis, comparing the two.

In 1983, the Alaska State Troopers' crime lab reports for what was mostly bar-busted coke ranged on average from 8% to 11%. In other words, -shit-, and the product of too many hands touching it, a black market with inflated prices, and greed without much sense of ethics or etiquette.

I had uncut 92% back then and never laid anything on it, sold it as I got it, at 92%, and was $25 to $50 over the price of the bar coke/gram, with the horribly cut bar coke then going for $100 to $125/gram. My clientele were limited, often consisted of hippies and a couple doctors through intermediaries, maybe an attorney or 2 who were supplied by intermediaries, and I never, absolutely NEVER, dealt in bars, or any setting like that, as they are a draw for thieves, confidential informants and undercover cops., and loose lips in general.

And still there was one or 2 who had no sense of timing/manners and would/might/could show up at my door at 2:30 in the morning, much to my irritation. "WTF!!"

You can find many studies concerning -moderate- coke use as safe and even somewhat beneficial where IQ function is concerned. I have some here in my archives from legalization activism days, from sources such as The Harvard Health/Mental health(?) Nwes Letter. Though over-doing anything can be a bad move.

And the Powers that Be are still lying and fucking people over with junk science. The originator of the crack baby myth was Dr. Ira Chasnoff, and he initially observed infant/newborn behavior after being born to crack-using mothers. You can find a lot of his commentary from years later, ridiculing what was done with his 'observations' stating clearly that his earlier comments on the subject were -never- a study and that he was wrong. yet to this day, people will take his earlier comments, disregard the later actual studies, and use that shit to destroy families.

What he later found was that, unlike the cases of fetal alcohol syndrome or fetal alcohol effect, where there is often a life-long impairment, crack babies after ~2 years of increased nurturance, etc., performed at the same levels and reaching of developmental milestones, as their non-crack-affected peers. But you've often gotta' go a long way into dysfunction before someone yanks kids away for alcohol abuse. Not so with cocaine or, especially, crack. Not that I'm an advocate for crack. If you're going to do coke, do UNCUT coke.

I could post up another 2-dozen articles or videos showing that by age 2, crack/cocaine babies performed at similar or same levels as their unaffected peers. But I've already written an encyclopedia. But I've already written another novella herein.

But it WOULD be honest to say that those of us with a straw up our noses in the 80s WERE, indeed, funding unpalatable and incredibly heinous wars, sometimes fought by guerillas who raped and murdered nuns in Central America and were often/sometimes trained at our very own 'School of the Americas' in Georgia.
thanks for posting that moose alot of good info. sometimes wish i didnt go down them rabbit holes makes you look at life the country and the world different everything different. them 3 letter agencies through the 50s up t today some evil shit going on. eisenhower tried to warn us

moose eater

thanks for posting that moose alot of good info. sometimes wish i didnt go down them rabbit holes makes you look at life the country and the world different everything different. them 3 letter agencies through the 50s up t today some evil shit going on. eisenhower tried to warn us

This Country NEEDS to go down those rabbit holes, in my opinion, to erase all the fairy tale bullshit, and get real with what it is we need to fix. Or it simply WON'T get fixed.

Reality, in my opinion.

Thanks for your comments and the video.

moose eater

You or someone should repost that gem of a clip everywhere someone might listen to it.

Of course, with some of the educational standards today, he might well be regarded by some as being just some old boring cracker with a lot of inconsequential stuff to say, and the video games and FB might well take precedent.

Learned/conditioned helplessness, wringing of hands, while Rome burns.

moose eater

ever run into the "red rock" coke that they used JP-4 jet fuel to crystalize it out of after the preferred solvents got hard to find? we got it in gravel form and cut it with mannitol and it ended up light pink. nobody complained...
Never saw that. The only pink coke I ever heard of was pharmaceutical coke and we never got any of that. Would've had to mug a dentist or something. Maybe a pharmacist. Any other colored coke would have made me leery as hell.

Our uncut coke looked under normal light like it was off-whitish, with chunks (somewhat of a learned feel with a razor for differentiating between reconstituted chunks versus straight-off-the-brick chunks), but under fluorescent light, it looked a bit like powdered sugar over gold. Beautiful stuff.

If it numbs -immediately- when you place it on your gums, it isn't likely coke that's doing that. More likely a caine derivative, like xylocaine, etc., etc..

Naturally refined cocaine, even back in the days of more easily obtained petroleum ether as a final 'cleaner' was rarely more than 94% or 95% due to other caine derivatives.

Having access to people on the West Ridge at University of Alaska-Fairbanks campus, where the science programs are/were at for the most part, there were gas chromatographs & mass spectrographs for high quality assessment, ("Your oil dollars at work" :) ), and then there were private individuals with 'hot boxes' or 'melt boxes' in order to ascertain what temperature the coke melted at, and when in a pinch, if all else failed, the classic bleach test, using a clear wine glass, or similar, and filling it most of the way with bleach, then dipping a knife tip or whatever tool into the coke, and tap it off into the bleach at the center, letting it drop there.

If it did what I call the 'white string ballet', where a line of what looks like white string gracefully swirls very slowly toward the bottom, that's typically the coke. Anything left floating is garbage, and if what's left floating has a reddish tint to it, then that might have toxins like strychnine or other undesired items in it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts